Thread: My girl day. Sweet!

My girl day. Sweet!

Had a really nice day today. I was in drab on the outside, but fully dressed in my thoughts. I spent most of today at a spa -- massage, facial, mani/pedi. Then, I decided to "Valentine's Day shop" {wink} at the local Ulta store.

Picked out some nail polish on sale, along with a couple of Ulta Pro colors to try. At the checkout, the young SA said, "Wow, these are all pretty colors. Your nails are going to look so nice." I just smiled, and we small talked as she finished up. Then, she asked for my phone number and the wife's name came up.

"Thought you had me fooled, didn't you?" She asked.

"Indeed I did," I responded. Then we both laughed.

She handed me the bag, winked, and said, "Enjoy y-o-u-r colors, sweetie."

I think I floated out the door and to my car, even though I didn't "own it" like a big girl. It was just such a nice exchange and she was so pleasant the whole time.

I decided next to stop by Sally's Beauty supply to see what they had on sale. Found a few things the wife had been asking for, grabbed them and went to check out. The SA was another young girl and greeted me with a smile and a very bubbly, "Hello."

After ringing up a few things, she pointed to a large box on the counter -- full of Orly polish -- and said for every $3 I spend I get a bottle free. My total came to a bit over $40. Given that I was the only one in the store at the time she helped me sort through the box and pick out all the nicest colors. Spent about 20 minutes doing this and ended up with more colors than I had credits for.

"Ahh, just take them," she said. "We have to get rid of them as we have new inventory that comes in different bottles. We can't say free, so we say 1 for every $3 spent until they are gone."

We enjoyed a little more small talk, then the store got busy and she had to attend to others. "See you later, hon, and have fun with the polish." another wink, and again I floated out.

Forgot to mention I am out of town traveling for work. The spa was a familiar place I visit about every two months, but the shopping was a first and completely on a whim. Glad I did it. What a great day!!

Wow, I'm jealous of your haul of nail polish! Great being in the right place at the right time!

- Diane

Deep in the Heart of Texas..okay..DFW area
    Its great to see these type of stories so others may take that plunge to shop for their own items without worries..even if an SA doesn't react in these manners, its all about the mighty $$ so what if they give a look or not.. still, its even better when they 'know' and add more comfort to the experience. Thank you for sharing and wish you many more of the same shopping experiences.
    Marissa

"You better look hard and look twice,
    ...is that me, baby or just a brilliant disguise?"- The Boss

I am happy to see these type of stories

What a great story and day
    Sometimes I like to dress as Linda Leigh

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

What a nice interaction with with the salesladies.
    If you are pleasant they are always ready to go the extra mile for you.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.