Thread: My Big Night Out ^_^

Talking My Big Night Out ^_^

Ok so it wasn't really that big, we just went to a pub for a few hours, but it was still a big thing for me. I've been out dressed a few times, once where I pretended it was a bet, once for Halloween and a couple of times where I've met up with a fellow crossdresser who doesn't live that far away, but until last night I had never just gone and had a night out with some friends. It was so liberating to come home from a boring lecture at university and then get all dressed up ready for a night out ^_^

I should first mention that I recently came out to my house mates and their other halves and they have all been fantastic about it and have already seen my dressed loads of times in the last few weeks. I have also come out to two close friends since then (one of whom I've known longer than anyone except for my SO) and they've been equally as great about it. Not all of the people I've recently come out to could come unfortunately due to illness, distance, work etc but there was still two of my housemates (one girl and one guy) the boyfriend of the girl, and another GG friend of mine.

The pub we went to is the only gay pub in our whole town (and we live in a pretty big town, it's like a small city) and as none of us had ever been there or too a gay pub before we weren't really sure what to expect, but we loved it. It was a really funky place with it's own individuality, the drinks were really good (they sold slush puppy cocktails 0_0) and it had a great atmosphere.

My friends were all really great to me as well, one let me borrow one of her coats for the night as I don't have any yet and they were all referring to me as Ria (well most of the time, they are still new to this world but I love them for trying) and I even got to use the girls toilet. And on top of that I made two new friends. One of them is actually someone I have met a couple of times before as she used to work as a barmaid at my uni, heads up the uni's LGBT group and is a warden with one of the girls I went with, and she didn't recognize me at all (although she still didn't know who I was after I told her anyway) and a friend of hers who is doing masters at the same uni as all of us that we hadn't met before. Both of them were great to me and we got on really well, and they even expressed quite openly about how jealous they were of my legs and nail polish and lipstick and how much they loved my dress, which was a little bit embarrassing for me but was also extremely flattering. One in particular really made a point of saying she felt I looked a lot better in a dress than she did, even though she had a great body herself. At the end of the night I even went to the pizza place with the two friends that had managed to stay for the whole night.

I can't believe how far I've come in a such a short space of time. The amount of fear regarding what others might think or do compared to a complete lack of that fear I have now is amazing. I can't wait till the next time I get to go out ^_^
    Bi-Gendered, Goth/Metal Fan, Atheist, Artist and British

"Wasn't really that big"????????? This is huge on so many levels!!

You Go Girl!!!
    Two Spirits

Quote Originally Posted by MarcellaMcNul View Post
    "Wasn't really that big"????????? This is huge on so many levels!!

You Go Girl!!!
    Haha yeah well a 'big night out' normally means loads of people and heavy drinking etc, but this was certainly huge on an emotional level

Congratulations. I'm glad you had a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by xdressed View Post
    Haha yeah well a 'big night out' normally means loads of people and heavy drinking etc, but this was certainly huge on an emotional level
    Good on you! Glad it was a great experience. I hope to achieve that success myself when the time is right.

Kalista

I'm a TGirl, yes it's true! I'm a TGirl, through and through.
    I love nylons and high heels, mini-skirts and shopping deals!
    I don't care what others say, life's too short, it's time to play.
    I'm a TGirl, yes it's true! I'm a TGirl, how 'bout you?

Quote Originally Posted by outhiking View Post
    Congratulations. I'm glad you had a good time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalista Jameson View Post
    Good on you! Glad it was a great experience. I hope to achieve that success myself when the time is right.

Kalista

Thank you both ^_^ Can't wait till the next time

Rhiannon, I know how you must feel. I remember reading about your room mates and I am pleased to see you all had an entertaining evening.
    These types of activities happened to me years ago but I had to step back into male mode and got married.

Savour the the good times you are having now as when you get older and have to move on you may have to forsake some of the best friends and times you ever had.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Lol y must you live on the other side of the Atlantic lol, totally would have tagged along. Anyways I'm happy you had a great time especially being able to use the ladies room

Quote Originally Posted by AllisontheGoddess View Post
    Lol y must you live on the other side of the Atlantic lol, totally would have tagged along. Anyways I'm happy you had a great time especially being able to use the ladies room
    Haha it is a shame, so many people living way too far away. Using the ladies room was odd, there was wee all over the floor so I had to stand up like a guy lol. Still, one small achievement for me ^_^

Aspiring Member Tammy Nowakowski's Avatar
    Congrads. I'm glad you had a good time

Quote Originally Posted by Tammy Nowakowski View Post
    Congrads. I'm glad you had a good time
    Thank you very much ^_^

Going out gets easier and easier, until being en femme is second nature. The best part is it just gets better. -Celeste

Congrats sound like a wonderful night, i am jealous ..LOL

Platinum Member
    This is a great experience and I'm so glad to hear that you have such a strong support network. I hope this can become a regular experience for you.

Great story Ria, so glad it went well. I have met so many new friends going out dressed. Its amazing how people seem to be attracted to you dressed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Follow me on Facebook
    http://facebook.com/ceri4certain

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    This is a great experience and I'm so glad to hear that you have such a strong support network. I hope this can become a regular experience for you.
    I hope so too ^_^ While this is my first real time out might be the last for a while too unfortunatly, there's a lot of uni work to do right now

You are hooked now. I can't wait till I have the same feeling. Congratulations!!!! It also is nice you had friends to do it with.
    Thank you both ^_^ Can't wait till the next time
    Life is too short not to be happy!

That's great, but I have to ask - Why did you go to a "gay" club? Are you gay? Are your friends gay?

Why not a "regular" club?
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Woman and loving it Jennifer Marie P.'s Avatar
    You go girl that is great and you must be feeling great right now.
    Pinkessence Transliving Urnotalone

Quote Originally Posted by linda allen View Post
    That's great, but I have to ask - Why did you go to a "gay" club? Are you gay? Are your friends gay?

Why not a "regular" club?
    It was a suggestion from a friend as she said it is also a really good place to go to. Plus a gay pub is much more likely to be trans friendly compared to a regular one. We have a regular pub we go to fairly often but its not the kind of place I'd go to dressed, too many people I might bump into that I wouldn't be willing to come out too. Apart from that pub and there isn't a great choice around here, far too expensive and/or a bit rough around the edges

It was a suggestion from a friend as she said it is also a really good place to go to. Plus a gay pub is much more likely to be trans friendly compared to a regular one. We have a regular pub we go to fairly often but its not the kind of place I'd go to dressed, too many people I might bump into that I wouldn't be willing to come out too. Apart from that pub and there isn't a great choice around here, far too expensive and/or a bit rough around the edges
    I can understand not wanting to be around people you don't want to come out to. I would feel the same way.

I don't know how well you "pass", but I like to think (hope, anyway) that we could just go any place (within reason) and be accepted or at least tolerated. Club, restaurant, show, shopping mall, etc.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Quote Originally Posted by linda allen View Post
    I can understand not wanting to be around people you don't want to come out to. I would feel the same way.

I don't know how well you "pass", but I like to think (hope, anyway) that we could just go any place (within reason) and be accepted or at least tolerated. Club, restaurant, show, shopping mall, etc.
    I like to think I pass most of the time if I'm not talking, or am at least quite blendable. I live in a relatively nice place and I think I would be pretty much fine in most parts of it nearly all the time, but I just want to work towards that if I do decide to get out a bit more rather than going straight to a busy shopping mall