Thread: Stopped In to Meet Janet on my way home.

Stopped In to Meet Janet on my way home.

I've been on a job site on the prairie since the first of the year. On my way home this weekend I made a side-trip today to stop in Detroit to pick up a couple of things.
    I really wanted to meet Janet, but I got here just before closing time on Saturday, and she wasn't working.
    Two lovely young women were! I was not expecting that.
    I was traveling in Lee jeans with full padding, a lavender Soft Sweater, 2.5" boot heels and a nice leather shoulder bag. I thought "I can get through this, I look good!" Then the cute 18yr old SA asks me my Femme Name!
    I looked really good when I left K.C. MO this morning, and I was hoping the SA would ask my boyfriend's size or something.
    It didn't dawn on me until later that I had been on the road for 11 hours straight. I think you could sand wood with my face. I need to make a date with a laser.
    This was my first visit to Janet's Closet, and it is quite a place. She manufactures a lot of her own designs, made to fit men, and she appears to have sizes is stock to fit most of us. I was impressed.

It is nearly impossible to pass in a place like that, Michelle. You stand a much better chance of passing in the "real world" than you do in a CD store, so it wasn't your fault.

On the other hand, one of the best things I ever did for myself was laser. Getting rid of beard shadow makes an amazing change in your life!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

It's a great place to shop. She has more stuff on her web site.

I've had two makeovers at Janet's. My avatar is from my first, one that Janet did. i love that place and Janet is a trip! Wish I was closer.
    Dana Fleming

I agree with Persephone, it really is hard not to stand out in a CD based shop but it sure is fun to go there I have been there a total of three times (which after my first horrific visit I never thought I would go there again) Twice in drab, where Tina, a lovely GG SA and very pleasant person, and once in full femme.

The two times I went in drab, I was in full denile and nervous as all git so I am sure I didn't help my situation at all. Especially the first time. The second was to get a wig and Tina helped me try on many different ones till I found the one that I liked. The third visit was just absolutely great. I went full femme and had a blast just walking around and looking at things.

I was nervous at first because quite a few people exited the store as I pulled up to park but said to hell with it, if anyone belonged in this store it surely was me lol There were two SA's on duty, Tina and I didn't get the other girls name, and a guy at a PC, which made me wonder if he was one of the SA's BF, Janet's son, or a sister... to which I never asked but looking back I probably should have. There was also a customer that stared a hole through me. He never approached me or anything but I have always wondered about him a bit too.

Janets made for men collection though I would pass on, while I am sure some girls may like the style and such, I didn't care for anything in it. Most of what she has in the store, of what I saw, isn't for a girl trying to pass or blend but it's still a nice stop while your out and about
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

I went into a couple of shops in Hollywood, on the boulevard.
    Once in drab and then androgynous.
    When I introduced myself I told them tongue in cheek I was doing it for a bet.
    We proceeded to talk about people with that problem and they asked why not dress androgynously.
    My reasoning was that the wife is not fully accepting and it needs a little push.
    When I went in next time I was prepared, I bought a pair of forms and a wig, the wife sort of went along but approved none the less.
    They gave me a quick makeup job and sent me on my way. Wife in tow.
    She had been out with me dressed but was not prepared to do it while we were in LA.
    All in all a good day's progress.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Joanne View Post
    I agree with Persephone, it really is hard not to stand out in a CD based shop but it sure is fun to go there
    I know, it's their business. She probably clocked me as I pulled into the parking lot! I almost started laughing. I had made a few stops along the way, had interacted with people, and never got a second look. But this girl didn't even hesitate.

Janet's made for men stuff doesn't do much for me either, too flashy. I'm simple, I watch what other girls are wearing where I'm at, and dress to blend in.

Been there several times more than I can count. I originally went there to get my heels and boots. I was nervous and shy every time until I finally told my wife. Even though there are wonderful SA there I felt out of place. I had no clue in what I was looking for and felt uncomfortable to tell them what I wanted. They made me feel comfortable and help me find what I was looking for. They showed me other things to go with what I got and I told them that I was not into dressing like that and later found myself going back to get the things they suggested. JC made me realize myself. I continue to go there to further progress in my dressing. I went from shoes to clothing to a wig and recently just got my breast forms. I plan to do a transformation and start looking into make up next.

My experience there was horrific and all the stuff that I got coerced into buying to pay the $25 minimum for the "privilege" of trying on the unflattering dresses all fell apart immediately. The GG working there then couldn't have been more rude and dismissive of me either. I'm constantly amazed at how many positive experiences people post about that place, it turned me off of TG-centric businesses almost entirely. I've had far far more friendly experiences. I've rarely felt more like being a CD was actually weird than I did at Janet's Closet.
    -------------------------------------------------
    ~Riley
    Check out my trans themed standup on YouTube!

My Tumblr Blog