Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your name

Green_Eyed_Polock's GG NurseSamGG's Avatar

Smile Your name

I'm a GG whose BF CD the other day he asked me if he should have a female name for when he's dressed. I replied absolutely! Then he asked me to help him come up with a name, to which I was completely honored and flattered that he wanted my input in this very important decision. I threw out a few names and he came up with one too. The problem is he liked them all....lol. So now we can't decide on just one. My question to all you other ladies out there is how did you come up with your names? Do you have more than one depending on your mood and what you dress in? I just want to help him pick a name that will make him feel as sexy as he is and makes him feel like a beautiful lady.
    Thanks to all.
    Sam

Lady? dunno thats not me. m a girrrrrrl, girl. I was inspired by a waitress I met. She was hot. Sort of edgy. I love the sound of it. Its kinda difrent. Felt right.

I used a few names over the years until I finally came out to my wife.
    At that time I knew I needed to finally choose one that suited me and how I felt and it has been just that. In actuality it is something of a homage to my first crush back in elementary school days. She was tall, intelligent, personable and represented to me all the things I wish to be seen as.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Jenni is what my friend and I refer to my fem side, it was the first thing to pop up in my head. My wife however feels the opposite of you, that I should not have a different name because it would imply that I am a different person, in the multiple personality disorder sense. We used Michelle when we went shopping one day just so we knew who were talking about. It was the name of my favorite car. Michelle... I miss her :-(

I took my name as a similar feminine version of my male name ie Paul - Paula. It makes life easier when using credit/debit cards and same signature etc to have the same initials. Sometimes I would like a completely different name but I've had this one for so long now it almost feels my female side was christened with it. I have been trying to decide on a middle name starting with A. So many female names end in A ie Andrea, Alicia etc. To have a name Maria Andrea is too many As. I have been toying with either Amy, Alice or Abigail.

Maria

Platinum Member
    I was named Kim at birth...I guess Mom knew from the start!

I'm "Lacy" as my favorite lingerie from before I can remember 7 or 8 was and still is lacy lingerie as it's so fem.

Choose a name that does not have to be repeated or is easily recognizable spelling wise.
    Choosing a "sophisticated" name does not necessarily work later in life.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I have a whole book of names that I came out with years ago. I used the Gene Roddenberry method of picking them out of the air. Every so often I change my name to reflect my personal evolution as a person. My current name (Katherine Megan Simmons) is a combination of Kate Middleton and the last name of a person I used to work with. The middle name is usually optional, however.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Can any of the names you like be combined into a double name such as Sara Elise? With or without the hyphen.

Cute and Southern Fried KerryLynn's Avatar
    My name came from my mom. One day when I was a kid I asked her what she would have called me if I had been born a girl. She told me Kerry Lynn and I secretly used it from then on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am Evil Monkey..... ooops wrong panties

My name....Susan Victoria Adams. I got the Susan from Johnny Cash's song "Boy Named Sue", I'm a big fan of his music. Victoria came from a old Ford "Crown Victoria' I had. Adams came from an old flame of mine!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Susan V. Adams

Quote Originally Posted by KerryLynn View Post
    My name came from my mom. One day when I was a kid I asked her what she would have called me if I had been born a girl. She told me Kerry Lynn and I secretly used it from then on.
    It's the same for me. I would have been named "Christine" and called "Christy" for short. Sometimes I think of adding "Rhiannon" as a middle name, just because it's pretty and I love the Fleetwood Mac song.
    Peace and love, - Christy

Mine came from someone I knew and I loved it because I thought it was cute and feminine.

T S Eliot wrote about cats having three names and I think often that applies to TG's too. He said there is the name you give the cat, the name you call the cat and a name only the cat knows

It will come to you.

BTW, there is already a thread about "your female name" sticky. So let's not make this the how I got my name thread part 2
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

You read and hear a lot of female names every day. Don't be in a hurry to choose one. When you see or hear the name for you, you'll know it.

My wife gave me my name.

"Diane" is a simple variation in the spelling of my given middle name. But I was deliberate in choosing it -- I wanted a fairly common sounding and unpretentious name that, at the same time, had no roots in any usual masculine names. Therefore, no Paula, Carla, Stephanie, Michelle, etc.

- Diane

i just use sonna for cd.com every else i go, i go by elly.....from elliot

My late mom had Karen picked out if I was born a girl so in her honor thats who I am!

Aspiring Member Tammy Nowakowski's Avatar
    My late mom had Tammy picked out if I was born a girl so in her honor thats who I am!
    and also welcome to our family Nurse Sam

Quote Originally Posted by KerryLynn View Post
    That's how I got the name I use here. This is the only place where I have a female name.

I would like for my wife to call me by a female name when I'm dressed but so far she has ignored the hints. It won't be Linda though, there's a Linda in her past that caused her some trouble. I'm going for a female version of my male name. That way it will be easier for her and if it slips out in public it won't be a big deal.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

Banned Read only
    My name came from what my parents would have called me if I'd been born female.

I chose my own name. Savannah is from a girl I had a crush on when I was much younger and I just like Maeve and the stories behind it.

Savannah Maeve Fudge

Since I have such a bad memory and my normally quick mind and wit seem to desert me when I need to make a quick choice like a dating site nickname or, in this case, a proper femme name, I decided to pick one close to my own name, which I already own and am comfortable with. Unfortunately, it is also similar to my granddaughter's name and my late cat who had only one life to give instead of the usual nine.