Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are Breasts Overrated?

Definitely not overrated. I LOVE small boobs!!! But, for me to dress I need bigger to be proportional, I have man boobs but bigger helps me look more femme.

My wife has had weight loss surgery and working well, she will likely need surgery to tighten a few things up and already put my request in for her to get a reduction.

Oh no., they are not overrated I love breasts, big ones

Quote Originally Posted by Jennialy View Post
    Milla jovovich is the only woman excused for having no boobies IMO!
    Are you missing something? I'd hardly call that 'no boobies'. She's slim, sure. But no boobies? I think not. Small pic attached to avoid bandwidth problems.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

In a word, yes. I spent the money on forms early on in my crossdressing life and thought that breasts completed the look. I have a broad enough chest anyway and breasts just make me look more top heavy. I went down to a minimally padded bra but now I don't wear anything. My pecs are about an A/B cup. I prefer designer labels and most of dresses kind of fit boyish looking models.
    Hugs,

Zoe

Of course breasts are not overrated. Mine are rated B and I wish they were a C. Breasts are the only thing(s) which get better as their grade goes down.
    These "flat chested" models are just not trying. Hell most of us Gurls around here can be a lot more female than those twigs.
    So, girls, push out your chest and be proud of your boobies and fill that gown like it should be. Women are not pipe cleaners.
    I'm a Wendy and I love it!!!!

The non-GG next door.... Candice Mae's Avatar
    I wish I could work out with out having to wear a clammy sweaty sports bra, but even at my size support is necessary. I wish I could go swimming as well, wearing a shirt is great for covering them up. Until it gets wet, then I might as well enter a wet t-shirt contest or just wear a bikini. I have thought about getting them removed, but I wonder if I did would I regret it and end up getting implants. When you have your own there over rated IMO, cause unless your gonna flaunt them. There just fat bouncing around on your chest that needs the support of a not all that comfortable bra.

Skinny girls are hot!

Zaftig girls are hot!

Short girls are hot!

Tall girls are very hot!

(Thank goodness there's a size for all of us)

Breasts are nice to have!

I am pretty sure the reason these models have small breasts is not eating enough chocolate. You see I have never met a girl who didn't like chocolate and I am convinced it is what makes the breasts grow.....Hersheys is my favorite.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

From my perspective, breasts are phenomonal! The shapes, the way they can change a woman's appearance in a variety of clothing, the cleavage is so very attractive, I can go on and on and on about how wonderful an attribute they are to a woman. This does not mean they have to be huge, as they can be small, or large, but it's the way a woman dresses around her breasts, and the way she uses them as a sensual and attractive part of her body, that makes them so appealing.
    Sure its difficult with flat chested women, but with the right clothing and assessories, flat chested women can create an aura and use them to her advantage.
    I truly believe that all women can use their breasts, in a most attractive and pleasing way in any situation she desires.
    Di

Those models look like they have the "ideal" body to me, but I do realize that I've been told that I need to look like a 10 year old boy to be beautiful. However, even though I have a small frame, I play up my curves. I feel as if a lot of these photos are downplaying curves as they look to be giving a nod to the Twiggy fashion era.

But, it's a little awkward because I usually find myself more sexually attracted to curvier girls. I don't really think models look very sexually attractive anymore...even the Victoria's Secret models are just very thin...and, kind of muscular. They look pretty awful when you put them next to a picture of Cindy Crawford in the height of her modeling career. And, I tend to find myself more attracted to girls that are thin, but still have a feminine figure. But, I empathize with girls that are intentionally rail thin...I know that at the first sign of fat, I start freaking out. And, you kind of get to a point where you're not even sure what "fat" is anymore. So, being a woman, I'd never say a word to a woman I was attracted to about "breasts being under or overrated"...trying to match up to what is highly rated is what got us into this mess to begin with... The last girl I was just basically over the moon for (long story there) had the perfect body. She was like a size 8, thin and fit...but, had proportional curves that were just..."tight"...I can't think of any other word. But, I'd die a little inside when she would be standing in front of the mirror, pinching her thighs and talking about how she was going on a cabbage soup diet. And, when she lost the 5 pounds from the cabbage soup, she would be back in the mirror saying her bra was loose...her "boobs were gone"...and, researching boob jobs. I just wish she would have left herself alone, but she was basically caught in this conflict of trying to reach this standard if skinny...but, then, having to meet another unreasonable unexpectation of being skinny with big boobs because that's what "guys like." And, ironically, I found myself in a similar situation about 3 years later...but, I could honestly give a rat's behind about being what men want.

So, it's a really hard time for girls right now...we get a lot of conflicting messages. And, seriously, TRY not to break women down into a contest of their body parts...it's really very terrible. I do admit that I love boobs too, but there's a person attached to them...and, really, that person is the only thing that matters...not the size of their bra. And, giving a thumbs up or thumbs down system to her body parts only turns her into this thing to be attractive for you...you vote yay for breasts, so get big tits to be hot. It kind of takes the whole focus away from the person and puts it back on body modification...and, women are pretty much modifying and remodifying their bodies to the point if destruction to meet the demands of sexual attraction.

But, also, the number of "originally straight women" that just got fed up with men and switched sides is growing at an astronomical rate. I swear when I was single there were no bi girls...and, now, it seems pretty common to see girls that I may have seen 6 months ago with a dude, in a committed relationship with another girl. And, it's weird that they like woke up...they spent so long chasing after guys and bending over backwards to be exactly what he desired for sex...and, then, they woke up and were like, "Why the heck am I chasing him?" A huge factor for me to be in a heterosexual relationship was so that I could have a family...but, I guess you don't really need a man for that anymore. So, if I were a single bi girl right now, I'd probably not know what to do with myself...but, I would definitely strongly encourage men to keep pissing girls off and rating the importance of the size of their body parts. I would honestly dog you all day and be right there to catch them and say, "Yep, and guys won't change...but, I personally think your beautiful." Winning.

But, someone is at it because I nearly choked at the "growth rate" of the lesbian/bi girl population. I informed my SO after it was mentioned in my LGBQT group, and I think he saw the wheels spinning... But, it's also good things for us because I have a hard time going out as a lesbian couple...I'm not used to it being okay. So, good things...just...different...it's a whole new arena getting hit on regularly by girls. And, it's really weird hearing this whole "new mindset" of being so over worrying about being what men want and finally being open to women (who many new girls see as more sensitive). And, this is largely the case...rarely do I have many conversations with my lesbian friends about what size body parts we prefer. But, I also know some lesbians that seem to be awkwardly compensating and will act/talk like stereotypical men do to prove themselves (I guess).

Hopefully, this trend progresses and there's less tolerance from women to be told to be anything other than their natural, healthy selves. Because, really, a confidant girl that is happy, natural, and healthy is so beautiful that I could care less about her bra size. Big boobs are easy to find...but, girls like That used to be rather rare. Not so much anymore.

As it stands, I'm firmly committed to my SO, who (when en femme) is the most beautiful girl ever, flat chested or not. And, when not en femme is still the most beautiful person to me because he's one of those people that just radiates something natural and happy.

But, I have to at least offer a little perspective here...remark on how certain discussions can be destructive, so on and so forth.... Though...I guess that really my intentions are more for the sanity of women and not so much that I want to stop a sudden surge in the number of lesbians/bi women in this world.
    Last edited by Shananigans; 02-22-2013 at 12:44 AM.
    "Today a young man [...] realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively...there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”-Bill Hicks
    “What freedom men and women could have, were they not constantly tricked and trapped and enslaved and tortured by their sexuality! The only drawback in that freedom is that without it one would not be a human. One would be a monster.” East of Eden by Steinbeck

The only thing I have to say to runway models. 'Grow a pair!'-Celeste

When I get on hormones I don't think I will be worried about growing large breasts. I'm more concerned about getting wider hips so yes in my opinion breasts are overrated.

I'm wishing to be her SANDRA MICHELLE's Avatar
    Not in my book they aren't. I have natural 38C and would be miserable without them. I only wish my wife would let me get a breast lift so I could perk them up a little, for now I have to use tape underneath to do the lifting.
    I want to be this girl!

Quote Originally Posted by almostalady View Post
    I am pretty sure the reason these models have small breasts is not eating enough chocolate. You see I have never met a girl who didn't like chocolate and I am convinced it is what makes the breasts grow.....Hersheys is my favorite.
    I'm not so sure about your theory regarding chocolate. If that were the case, I'd be sporting a pair of G cups by now.
    "We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think." - The Buddha

Quote Originally Posted by Shananigans View Post
    So, if I were a single bi girl right now, I'd probably not know what to do with myself...but, I would definitely strongly encourage men to keep pissing girls off and rating the importance of the size of their body parts. I would honestly dog you all day and be right there to catch them and say, "Yep, and guys won't change...but, I personally think your beautiful." Winning.
    Sorry, but your post was the most sexist thing I have ever read. Flip it. Girls judge guys off of the size of their parts too. Big shoulders. Tall figure. Big...other things. Girls not being "approved?" Please. Guys have it the hardest. Girls have to look good....to a guy...which we are all different. Guys have to look good also. They also must be financially secure. Also, they must go through a personality check with each girl they meet. After that, a compatibility check with their family, which all girls think is important. So, who has the list? I do not see anything against someone picking out someone because they have attractive features they like. If everyone liked just one thing, tall girls would never find a mate. Big girls too. Truth be told that all guys like different things. I just don't see why being sexist is the answer. Read these posts. Guys are more "out there" than anything.
    "If you think you can or can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Are breasts over rated, they can be. Back in the S the biggest band size was used in hype for burlesque and movie stars, with the former sometimes quantity did not mean quality form and line are beauty. Surgical techniques were not what they are now. Among the GGs I work with there has been breast enlargement and reduction for mainly health reasons. Womens bodies are not natural or real any more they are a chemical surgical product. I prefer to just be myself, drab or femme its all me.

hugs rita
    Dressing is not a choice.

Its a passion.

Love them

For me when I dress I do not feel or look complete with out adding breat forms. Mine are not large but are a size that gives me the look I like plus depending on the outfit I can get a litttle cleavage which gives me a wonderful feeling when I see them on me! I am sure everyone has their own personal view of what makes them look good. Its amazing what some of us do to get the look we want! But I have fun doing it!

Banned Read only
    Catwalks are not the same as everyday. Anorexic models don't represent the real world. Women have breasts. Some small some large but "flat" is not a look taking the world by storm. Women have an incredible shape and part of that shape are breasts.

I once read about an anthropologist that was trying to find out about the sex lives of women belonging to some pre-industrial tribe. (This seems to be an enduring obsession of anthropologists.) She was describing to these tribal women how Western men were infatuated with women's breasts and wondering if their men were similar. The women couldn't believe it. They were rolling on the ground laughing hysterically. "You mean like babies??" LOL!

I've always been attracted to flat chested girls. But not skinny ones. I like girls with tiny waists, wide hips and thick legs - the classic pear shape.

I've wondered about this from the perspective of transitioning. Once someone who is MTF has breasts and now has to wear a bra (as opposed to doing it for fun while CDing), does the perspective towards breasts and bras change?

My theory is that all the gay male clothing designers have been choosing models who look like feminine boys all along, so models like Andrej Pejic are just the natural progression of things. If you want to emulate the models, then you don't need forms, but if you want to emulate females, then you need a bra and something to fill it out at least a bit.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica86 View Post
    Sorry, but your post was the most sexist thing I have ever read. Flip it. Girls judge guys off of the size of their parts too. Big shoulders. Tall figure. Big...other things. Girls not being "approved?" Please. Guys have it the hardest. Girls have to look good....to a guy...which we are all different. Guys have to look good also. They also must be financially secure. Also, they must go through a personality check with each girl they meet. After that, a compatibility check with their family, which all girls think is important. So, who has the list? I do not see anything against someone picking out someone because they have attractive features they like. If everyone liked just one thing, tall girls would never find a mate. Big girls too. Truth be told that all guys like different things. I just don't see why being sexist is the answer. Read these posts. Guys are more "out there" than anything.
    Well, I'm sorry that it's sexist...fact of the matter is that when I say, "I would definitely strongly encourage men to keep pissing girls off and rating the importance of the size of their body parts," I am noting the fact that this is more or less the manifestation of that going on right here by a few people in this thread. It IS quite sexist...an astute observation...but, it's the observation that I was also trying to make.

I will also say that the logic of "Well, THEY do it, so therefore it's okay if WE do it" is slightly immature and a poor foundation of debate. I do not disagree with you that many women judge men, but it's not a group of women judging men that I am addressing here in this thread...if this WERE a thread of women rating the importance of male parts, I would probably give them the same speech.

Furthermore, judgement on body parts, money, or personality traits is certainly a system that we use to choose potential partners. However, people go about it in different ways. To me, I try to look at the whole picture of the person...others, use a rating system as if you were bidding on buying a horse, and I find that ultimately barbaric.

You make the argument that, "I do not see anything against someone picking out someone because they have attractive features they like." But, this really isn't the motivation here...if I met someone that I was interested in dating, I might weight the pros and cons...I may even ask my friends what they thought of him/her. However, again, this is not the motivation that has manifested in this thread (though I believe the OP had not anticipated some replies)...in this thread, we are essentially getting a tally for ALL women on whether big boobs are in or not. We are not talking about an individual that we may or may not date. I don't think there is much mention of this as a DATING requirement, so much as a viewing-appreciation requirement. If it is a dating requirement...well, lol...you should probably keep that to yourself if you want a second date. I don't say that as sexist, so much as I say that as a fact...you could try it out a few times and get back to me. So, in knowing many young girls that are struggling with body issues, I say that it would be nice if these types of ratings would take a back seat.

You are correct that many young men are also having issues with feeling like they have to measure up to certain standards. I also think that is quite awful. We SHOULD stress that individual preference is key and that no two people are the same...but, instead we are seeing if there is a majority of who likes big tits. This isn't quite stressing the individual preference that you were keen on addressing.

And, again, since many young men ARE having issues with feeling inadequate in certain areas, I ask you how effective (or damaging) the logic is that "THEY do it, so what harm is it if WE do it too?" Does it seem to be helping both men and women, or does it bring both down in a somewhat vindictive manner?

But, do correct me if I am wrong.
    Last edited by Shananigans; 02-23-2013 at 06:28 PM.
    "Today a young man [...] realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively...there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”-Bill Hicks
    “What freedom men and women could have, were they not constantly tricked and trapped and enslaved and tortured by their sexuality! The only drawback in that freedom is that without it one would not be a human. One would be a monster.” East of Eden by Steinbeck

As a middle aged GG/SO, I can tell you breasts are overrated. That's not to say I'm impressed with the shape mine have taken on of late, but it's interesting to me the attention my husband pays to his own. It totally transforms his personality when dressing, as if to say "Voila! NOW I'm a woman with these dble ff's", yet he is not a 'boob lover' on women & seems to care less (or maybe he's just been telling me that to make me feel better!). Huh, I wonder if other CDs are the same? Is there a correlation between what they find attractive on women/wives & what they strive for in their own dressing or are CDs aiming for the hyper female only for their own imageing? And where does this 'target image' come from? If you don't expect such curves & lushiousness from the 'real women' in your life, what makes you think that's what you need to achieve in your own styling to be feminine? Alas, now men know the pressure!

I love having breasts, but I don't think that they need to be double Ds like some people seem to think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Shananigans View Post
    Furthermore, judgement on body parts, money, or personality traits is certainly a system that we use to choose potential partners.
    So, which should we be looking at? Guys looking for a partner based on their looks, or this above? The above seems worse to me.....that's where I am going. This thread is pointless. It will be split and we all know it. Glad you admit you are sexist. I do get tired of seeing fingers pointed at the males on the site when there are other issues at work. Sometimes, we just gotta speak up.
    "If you think you can or can't, you're right" -Henry Ford