Thread: Not again!

Not again!

Oh good grief.....I'm not sure what is going on but it seems I'm losing interest in CD'ing. Is it an age thing, or am I too lazy or tired, or is my attitude changing. I just don't, "feel it" the way I used to. Makes me a bit sad too....anybody else experiencing or has experienced these things? I need to know.

It happens take some time, you will be back in the saddle in no time
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Lori is right the urge will return. HUGZ !
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

It happens hun. Until the past few weeks I hadn't felt the desire to dress for months.

Savannah

You didn't step away from CD'ing ....you're here, typing this post.
    Yes, you may have gotten tired of CD'ing, but you will not entirely forget it.

I think the stories of the rest of us are so intriguing, that you must come back at some point.

There are many moments in my life, that being or dressing like a girl is just not important to me.

In my case it got far worse as I age. I'm now retired and have no excuses why not dress up. Wife has known since before the wedding 27 years ago and though she is not enthusiastic about it she isn't against it.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Mark Twain

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    You may lose the urge to dress, but the fact of being CD cannot go away. For whatever reason, since Sept. I only felt like dressing for my Christmas picture. Never lost the feeling of who i was, but until last week, did not dress. can't stay away now. It is really hard to know how individual concerns can play on our actions, and everyone is different, so go with the flow knowing you are here to stay.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

Sounds like a mood swing, or a reality check. Chances are that this is a temporary feeling and/or state of mind which will disappear over time and you'll soon be wanting to CD again. In answer to your question, yes, it has happened to me. Now I am just going to go with the tide...
    As the saying goes, "At the lowest ebb, comes the changing of the tide." (these may not be the exact words, but they're close enough, if you 'get my drift' . Couldn't help myself).
    Di

Yes, have felt like this for a while... Since Christmas. Not really sure what's going on.. Just can't connect in the same way as I used to with that part of me. Totally get the sadness. Hope it passes for you soon. J

If you are an older person like twenty four to twenty six, maybe you have been very active lately and are now tired and in a flat spot.... You may feel this way.
    If you have just found a girlfriend the horrormones kick in and kick all your your CD ideas to death.
    This also occurs after a breakup. Yes your attitude does change until you settle down again and those horrormones settle down and start doing their thing again.
    I think most of others on this forum have experienced this condition at one time or another.
    Rest assured "The condition will return"
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

The urges come in waves. It's perfectly normal, and I experience this as well as MANY MANY others here. Don't fret too much, It'll come back sometime...with a vengeance!

Hang in there. Like the common cold, it'll return, always does. Find something else to do in the meanwhile. Take a walk through the catalogues/magazines/malls/live theatres for some fun. Try woubleu woubleu woubleu dot dots dot come Works for me.

Banned Read only
    I think one needs to try to figure out what cross dressing brings to their life. That's totally different than figuring out why one cross dresses. If you dress to relieve stress, and, that stimuli is gone, maybe the need to seek relief in dressing has been diminished. There could also be some other stress reliever that has come into play.

I found when I retired job stress relief disappeared. Being able to dress fairly often has allowed me to dress whenever I want, but, if there is something else to do, I do it. I do find, since I can dress often, if I am doing things around the home or backyard, I do it en femme.

My only suggestion I have is to accept your decreased interest, temporary or long term, and, not force the issue.

I just Love being a Gurl! bobbimo's Avatar
    Have no fear!
    It will be back!
    Enjoy the boy moment and get dirty, dig a hole, break a nail. The opportunities are endless, and you'll love getting pretty when your all done.
    Bobbi
    Aint nothin gonna happen that aint supposed too!

I have gone throu streaks myself on and off for years but have always come back to it ,The longest i go now is a couple of days mostly because of the shift work i do .Also from what i know and what the ladies here have said it will be baaaack !!
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

This is one of the reasons I rejoined Crossdressers.com forum...support and understanding. Trust me, I have plenty to do as always...can't hardly sit still. I think what it is that may have put me into non-dressing funk is that I would like to dress with like minded folks. Have a small party, be girls, etc. Getting in touch with that side with like-minded individuals and have fun. I suppose being in a rather remote rural area doesn't help but I am close to a couple of places but nobody to go with. Strength in numbers. Plus the fact that I will have a hard time passing as well. But once again, thanks for all the good words, truly they do help!!!

Everything changes. At each inflection point, you never know where things will go. For everyone it is different. No one can predict how things will go for you. Maybe it will come back or maybe it won't. Just enjoy the change for now and see where it takes you. Take advantage of the opportunity and find new hobbies. You may never come back to crossdressing but you just might find something much more enjoyable and even beneficial to society.
    "We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think." - The Buddha

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    Life happens and our feminine selves are not easy mistresses, to be honest! Tina is a lot of work and falls in the category of "high maintenance" by anyone's definition. When life is already challenging it's hard to climb yet another mountain when a large Manhattan seems like the right thing to have an evening with! But all things change...it is the only constant in the Universe!

Sometimes I am just too tired to get dressed as a lady. It is not that I don't like it anymore I just don't want to go to all the trouble. Just do what you like. If you don't feel like dressing then do something else, when you want to do it again then go ahead. There is not a schedule we have to keep.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Platinum Member
    Hi Adrienna, If you feel like Crosdressing is over for you just box up all your CDing things
    and put them away don't ever think about purging.

Because you will be back Crosdressing is like the Mafia, You just can't quit!!
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!