Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lacing Corsetts

Lacing Corsetts

So, I've been thinking about getting a corset for a while now. But, I will have no help in lacing it up, so I thought I should get a front lacing one. I have watched many a video on the proper way to lace a back lacing corset, and I just don't think in can do it. I have a hard time zipping up a dress myself, or even a skirt sometimes. Not that I am "that" big (size 18), I just have a hard time getting my arms to do anything well behind my back.

But, I can't seem to find a good waist reducing corset that is front laced. Their are many costume, or lingerie types, that are front lacing, but not the "training" type. So, is lacing these back ones as hard as I think it will be? Or, does someone have a link to a front lacing one that is strong for waist reduction?

I loosen the laces, fasten the front and then tighten and tie the laces like a shoe. Good luck
    I think I feel more like Natalie than I do Kat. I think from this point I will go by Natalie.

Part of a recently ended relationship where a reason why it ended was my crossdressing.

Flip it around lace it in front, losses it just a bit, suck in air hold breath slide it around back, avoid being stabbed by metal bones or bending them out of shape, repull together, tie, hope no one comes knocking at the door cause its gonna take a few to get off :-)

If you get it all set up, you can slip it on and tighten it but pull the laces around to the front and tie them there (front). Here's a video, but imagine the tie in front.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuYmc3VvZM0
    Stephanie

They do sell front lacing corsets but they don't have the same reduction. From what I read that might be best.

Quote Originally Posted by stephNE View Post
    If you get it all set up, you can slip it on and tighten it but pull the laces around to the front and tie them there (front). Here's a video, but imagine the tie in front.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuYmc3VvZM0
    Some consider it hearasy to tie it in front, but that's just the way that I do it. I'd hate to tie it in back, have the laces get tangled up, and have to have someone come over to help me get out of it!
    If I had any idea that therapy, hair removal, hair transplants, doctors and medications were so expensive I would have planned to be rich first.

Don't worry about it, you will learn how to lace from the back. It just takes practice. Get something with a front clasp though so you can keep the laces almost done up and still put on/take off the corset quickly.
    Chickie

I only own one corset so I'm no expert but the one I bought from the Glamor Boutique laces in back an is very easy to get on and off. First completely loosen all the laces and clip the metal hooks in front. Then take the laces which are looped together in the back middle of the corset and hang them over a door knob and lean forward. Pull the bottom laces tight first and then the top. Now cross them across your back around to the front and tie in front. Never tie in back for obvious reasons. Reverse these steps to remove. Enjoy yourself.
    formerly blonde member

Platinum Member
    Hi Sandi, You can do it, hook the ends over an open door knob and slowly walk away
    while pulling the laces with your fingers.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Thank god my wife LOVES to lace me into my corsets (I have three). I don't think there is any way I could lace myself in nearly as tightly as she does. But clearly there are people here who do it. BTW, if I could only own one item it would be one of my corsets.

Quote Originally Posted by TNRobin View Post
    Some consider it hearasy to tie it in front, but that's just the way that I do it.
    Are you saying that you have a traditional back lacing, but you just tie it in front ( wear backwards)? Or, are you saying you have one designed to tie in front?

I wear tightlace corsets most of the time I now own 5 different corsets Back lacing is not difficult after a little practice. Its better to buy a made to measure corset. Its worth the extra cost for the good comfortable fit. Axfords in the UK sell a corset to fit the male figure. and the small male hips. First you must put the corset on before eating or drinking. Loosen the back ties fully Then clip the front closed A bit difficult at first Then reach behinf and pull tight the two lace end loops with two fingers
    Again a little awkward at first. Then after the two ends of the laces are about a foot long. Loop them around an object such as a door know and lean forward till the corset tightens even more so you then can tie the ends like shoe laces. Its best if possible wear a cotton chemise or slip under the corset. After about a half and hour retighten the laces even more and wear for about 3 hours. The corset should be worn several hours every day. After a week or two the corset will bend to the shape of your body and you will be able to wear the corset longer and more comfortable. Eventually try to wear it 24/7 only taking it off to bathe . While wearing a corset you must sit down by bending you knees and keep your back straight> You will then appear and act like a lady and walk like a lady does in small steps You will not loose weight while wearing a corset 24/7 However you will not be able to eat big meals so you do loose a bit of weight about your belly> Three og my corsets are long under bust a with 6 clips in front ,plus a waspie with only 4 clips. The longer corsets are best so your will cove your groin and help hide your genitals. The upper part of the chemise will be ideal to put falsies in. At first it takes about 3/4 of and hour to put the corset on> After a while with practice it only takes about 3 minutes or so ! Afer a month or so the corset will really feel comfortable despite the restrictions of tightlacing. I now feel naked if I am not wearing some sort of foundation garment> If you have garters attached put the stockings on before you laceup You then will be able to clip the garters by only bending at the knees, Corsets are a wonderful garment A ladies best friend and so feminine. You can wear a corset under your drab 24/7 though when you go out a cost should be worn and the belt tight. Wearing a corset 6 weeks or more 24/7 9s real corset training , Even better if you have a partner lace you up and tie it tight so I cannot undo the laces. I( bought 4 of the corsets my self. But my wife bought a long over bust corset that reaches down almost to my knees. I can only hobble wear it and my wife laces me up really tight and locks me in a Neosteel male chastity belt It is inescapable and I can only wear it for a few hours its so uncomfortable But my wife knows this so I end up wearing it for most of the day So toileting is impossible and really frustratingly uncomfortable. I really love my corsets Except for the later they are most comfortable despite the restrictions Cost a bit but they last for a couple of years or more after wearing a corset for a few months you should really buy a smaller size. Have fun

I just reach around behind me and pull it tight then tie a bow.... it takes a little practice but it's really not difficult...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I rarely wear mine but when I do I look trim, taut and terrific.
    Usually with a long evening gown.
    It rearranges my body nicely.
    Breathe in everyone.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I use a bungie attached to a doorknob so the laces can't slip off and the bungie takes up the slack better.

Cross the laces in back and pull around in front. Left comes around my rite side, rite goes left. They titen MUCH EASIER that way!

Gradually work the laces titer down from the top to the middle behind me. Then, bottom up to the middle. Repeat until I can't breathe. Ha ha!

I never tie the laces. I wrap them around each other like I'm tying a bow in front of me. With one extra wrap. Then, pull them around me again back to front and tuck the lace ends under the bottom of my corset if the laces r short. If long, I tuck them down the cleavage area on the top of the corset. They never come loose, rarely show thru my tite things, and come off easily.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I just reach around behind me and pull it tight then tie a bow.... it takes a little practice but it's really not difficult...
    K
    Karen is 100% correct. Corset laces are made to be very easy to pull tight. The hard part is tying a knot behind your back. That just takes practice.

BTW if you tie a rear tie corset by bringing the laces to the front to tie will shorten the life of your corset especially if you have any brocade on it. The tension and abrasion of the laces on the brocade will tear it.

You can just wear your corset backwards if you cannot tie a knot. You will lose some reduction but 70% of something is better than 100% of nothing.

Tighten the corset gradually in the beginning. Pull fairly tight then wait five minutes and do it again. You will be amazed at how much more tightening you can get. I use this technique to go from a 32 inch waist to a 26 inch waist. Check out my corset magic post to see how its done.

Hugs,

Kathy Leigh

Queen of the Faery Realms Bethany_Anne_Fae's Avatar
    If the laces are made of the right material, and the grommetts are set properly, you CAN lace yourself into a corset quit easily. I have two custom made victorian corsets with super long laces that slide easily through the grommett holes. I put it on and simply pull. I'll have to ask my seamstress what type of lacing she uses cause on both of mine its the same and its a dream to put on.
    (Formerly known everywhere as Lady Zarabeth

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    I use a bungie attached to a doorknob so the laces can't slip off and the bungie takes up the slack better.
    Cross the laces in back and pull around in front. Left comes around my rite side, rite goes left. They titen MUCH EASIER that way!
    Gradually work the laces titer down from the top to the middle behind me. Then, bottom up to the middle. Repeat until I can't breathe. Ha ha!
    Wha, what? Bungie is attached to pulley system which is rigged to a...

One wonders why Karren has not designed a pulley system for the laces much like that designed to **** a crossbow.... The doorknob thing works well especially as one ages and reaching behind becomes more difficult.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennialy View Post
    Wha, what? Bungie is attached to pulley system which is rigged to a...
    No pulleys, gears, or tricky moves, Jenn. Tying a bungie to the door knob makes corsetting easier.

If u ever had a lace slip off your doorknob and had to start lacing your corset all over from the beginning, u'd understand what I mean!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

It took me sometime to get it down and now I have know problem, take a rope and practice tying it behind your back I think, you will be happier with a back lace if you can get this down. Good luck.

Okay - was going to start my own thread but I'll ask: when wearing a little more form fitting than average dress or top how best to hide all the lacing? Doesn't it show through most thing s and give away te fact that you're wearing a corset? I want to be able to wear a nice evening gown(sob- no low backs with corsets) but not give away from the lumps and bumps that I'm wearing a foundation garment that iI'll bet 5% of women own but 75% of crossdressers do.

Thanks
    Darla

I wouldn't worry about not being able to lace up your own corset until you actually try it. I was worried about the same thing but after some practice its super easy. Good luck!

I purchased a corset long ago and thought it didnt fit so I just stopped wearing it.

Then I decided to buy a new one and wanted to know the exact size to buy. Thats when I read more and realized it wasnt that it didnt fit. Its just that I had to loosen the damn ties on my own (yeah I know...DUH!)

So thats all you have to do. Get a corset in your general size. Then when you get it try it on and lace it according to your comfort level. Also Crossdresser.com has corsets they claim are designed for the "born male" body-type. I havent tried one because they're too expensive. My corset comes from Fredericks. I think some are even on sale now. It fits me tightly but thats the point right?

Fredericks has the corsets that lace at the back and hook in the front. That way you can adjust to your size and it looks just fine from the front.

GOOD LUCK!

Quote Originally Posted by Darla View Post
    Okay - was going to start my own thread but I'll ask: when wearing a little more form fitting than average dress or top how best to hide all the lacing? Doesn't it show through most thing s and give away te fact that you're wearing a corset? I want to be able to wear a nice evening gown(sob- no low backs with corsets) but not give away from the lumps and bumps that I'm wearing a foundation garment that iI'll bet 5% of women own but 75% of crossdressers do.

Thanks
    Darla
    They make lacing guards for corsets or I have seen the corset laced In such a way that you tie it on the bottom then tuck it underneath

www.staylace.com has lots of useful information about corset