Thread: Cuz every girl's crazy bout a crossdressed man

Nondressing CDer ReluctantDebutant's Avatar

Smile Cuz every girl's crazy bout a crossdressed man

A few years ago a week before that snowy Halloween in the Northeastern US I thought I was caught by my roommate when he came home early. I was not. To try to save my in closet hobby I decided to go in drag for Halloween. That Saturday I needed to go out to the mall to pick up a few things to complete my outfit I needed to find a waist cincher and some hip and butt padding. I was worried about walking in heels up until then I only walked in them for a few feet here and there in my apartment I knew I would be spending all night walking in them in the city. I decided to wear the heels out to the mall to get practice. After little bit of psyching up in the car I crossed the Rubicon and walked to the mall in my 6 inch heels. No one noticed. I got to the lingerie store to find my last-minute items only to find nothing in my size.

As I was waiting at the counter to ask a SA a question the young woman ahead of me noticed my shoes and began a conversation with me. She seemed very impressed when I told her what I was doing and within less than a minute of meeting me asked me to go to her Halloween party. This was new for me I'm not usually the type of guy who attracts female attention at least not that quickly. But alas I had plans with my friends that night and I could not have gone to her party. My next stop was a beauty salon that did makeup and nails. I made an appointment earlier that week so they were ready for me. All the women in the salon came over to the watch or give me compliments as I got my nails done and they all needed a picture with me once the makeup and wig were on. Once my friends saw me they were completely surprised and that is when I found out that I was in no way caught earlier that week. We made it to the parking lot in the city and met the female half of our group. They were all completely surprised by my costume some thought I was an actual woman from afar. The girls walked and talked with me as we headed towards the bar and they sympathized and were impressed with how I walked in those heels.

At the bar I got out onto the dance floor with much less prodding than normal. I dance with the girls from our group and some girls from other groups. One woman dance with me a little bit more than the others and we had that awkward getting to know each other chat whilel shouting at each other across the music and noise of a crowded bar on a Halloween night. She very much like my costume and she said she enjoyed dancing with me throughout the night but unfortunately she was a bartender at another bar and had to go on shift. I ended up meeting a guy she knew, a regular, who told me that she really like me and that if she had not had to go on her shift she was going to ask me back to her place. Again I am not used to being the object of such quick female attraction. This guy also told me that he has a friend that lived in Miami and he goes out in drag every Halloween because it attracts women a lot.

Now as a cross dresser the default thought is almost always that cross-dressing repels women. But this was Halloween and if it is seen that your cross-dressing as a costume rather than an all year-round hobby the man who cross dresses is look at in a much different light. A cross-dresser is probably seen as bold and confident because that's what it takes for a man to wear women's clothing in public. There is probably some empathy going on such as the shared torture of walking in high heels. I don't know but I do think the confidense angle has a lot to do with it. Once I made the decision to go out that night in drag and pass that first hurdle there was nothing that night that would scare me.
    Last edited by ReluctantDebutant; 02-20-2013 at 08:28 PM. Reason: forgot to proof read, sorry

Wow - excellent story. I'd agree that the default thought is associated with repelling people away, especially women. Glad you had notone but two positive reactions!!!! I wonder if I can muster up the nerve to do it next Halloween....I wish!

Boy you must of had you Big Gurl pants on that night...So proud of You...My day will come soon!

I applaud and commend you on your feat. I only wish I would have that kind of gumption. Hopefully some day I will!

I hate to read threads like this. I can just imagine reading it 10 times then changing and heading for the store all dressed as
    Ugly as I am. Hehe

If you stand in a bar in drab, and tell a woman you like to dress up as a girl, she will go running out.
    If you stand there, all prettied up, they will flock around you.
    Those of you looking for an accepting partner should try it.-Celeste

MIDI warrior princess Amy Fakley's Avatar
    hah, that sounds awesome. But your post title ... now that song is stuck in my head! grrrr! :-)
    "Why shouldn't art be pretty? There are enough unpleasant things in the world." -Pierre-Auguste Renoir

Quote Originally Posted by tgirlceleste View Post
    If you stand in a bar in drab, and tell a woman you like to dress up as a girl, she will go running out.
    This is so true.
    If you declare what you are and have a cheerful disposition girls will gather and they all want to improve your looks.
    Do not be suggestive or sleazy at all otherwise the enthusiasm dries up.

This is what the OP has demonstrated. Because they were curious the women all made suggestions on how to improve the image.
    I made a comment in the piccies forum the other day about trying dresses on in a bridal salon.
    The place was quiet and the girls there were wanting to try on some of the less popular dresses and see how they looked.
    A customer came in and liked what I was wearing without knowing I was a man.
    I had a veil on. they proceeded to model me and the woman and her daughter eventually went for one of the dresses I was wearing.
    I went into hiding and disappeared for the time being.
    Yes make your project sound interesting and the girls will dress you up.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

That was my biggest surprise when I first went out dressed. I went to a gay bar that occasionaly had drag shows, expecting it to be safer. When i got there, I was surprised at how many girls wanted to talk and dance with me.......and yes more.......I have a bunch of female friends who I go out with regularly, most are shocked to find out how old I actually am......lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Follow me on Facebook
    http://facebook.com/ceri4certain

What a good story to read! Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Just makes me want to try this next Halloween and am glad to know that the girls were not offended by seeing you dressed.
    Di

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Yes, Halloween is a very special time!

This last one, I was actually mistaken for a female by a few vanilla folks. For the first and maybe the only time I ever will be!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

If you stand in a bar in drab, and tell a woman you like to dress up as a girl, she will go running out. If you stand there, all prettied up, they will flock around you. Those of you looking for an accepting partner should try it.-Celeste
    Doing it once for Halloween or over a short period of time for a job demonstrates the willingness to take on a role, and prove you can do it. Many famous actors did crossdressing roles and were lauded for their performances. But when the day was over, they went back to being 'normal' men, they didn't spend daily hours of time with make up, girls clothing, and working on changing their mannerisms, speech, voice, etc.. How many of those straight, famous actors spent any of the rest of their days in public dressed as, made up as, and behaving as women after that role was done? MANY? Nope. Bearing in mind that this is something we should know about, off the top of your head, other than maybe Dennis Rodman, how many do you think you can name without looking it up?
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Quote Originally Posted by Diversity View Post
    What a good story to read! Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Just makes me want to try this next Halloween and am glad to know that the girls were not offended by seeing you dressed.
    Di
    Trying this on Halloween is pointless (fun, granted) if you want to meet GG's, go to a bar on darts night, or trivia night, karaoke night. NOT a night you're expected to be 'in costume'.
    Show them your true colors. -Celeste

I always dress in drag for Halloween! But at this point people are used to seeing me n drag every weekend! Luv the story sounds like u had fun!
    Stay femme,

Katt

Cuz every girl's crazy bout a crossdressed man... (ZZ TOP!)

Banned Read only
    Love the thread title....

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceri Anne View Post
    That was my biggest surprise when I first went out dressed. I went to a gay bar that occasionaly had drag shows, expecting it to be safer. When i got there, I was surprised at how many girls wanted to talk and dance with me........
    Oddly enough, I've had the same, surprising experiences when I've gone out. I find that women often come up to me and engage me in conversation. And in a number of instances, they've been overtly "interested". I'm not in the market, but I find it incredibly surprising and quite flattering too!

All those years when I was single and going out dressed as a male. Who knew! If I could have my 20's back again, I'd take a whole different approach!

I had gone out dressed before this Halloween night. That night was a lot easier because it was going to be among strangers and I had used a very good cross-dresser makeup and transitioning service. And that night was also rather boring to be honest. I found that overcoming fear is always about the first step sometimes that first step can be sending a rather large check in to a cross-dressing make the service or quite literally the first step out of a car in your heels. But once that first step has been made it seems the fear quickly disappears and going out becomes easier and easier.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by ReluctantDebutant View Post
    And that night was also rather boring to be honest.
    I found this comment to be interesting. For those of us who are somewhat entrenched in the closet, when the opportunity comes to go out en femme, it can end up somewhat of a letdown. For a long time I thought I did not have the balls to go out en femme, even if not interacting with people. I did go out en femme and interact on Halloween twice, when I was young. As a old guy now, I really would not feel comfortable engaging the general public. Young cross dressers may be deemed as sweet, but, a sixty plus guy in a dress would not be readily accepted. Or so I think. Maybe I wrong any.

Anyway I digressed. When I go out for a stroll en femme in the evening, it feels so natural to be en femme, that it is boring. I may as well stroll the street dressed as a man. It the same feeling when I'm doing my en home cross dressing. I get dolled up a la 1950-1960's June Cleaver look with a pretty dress, heels, hosiery, undergarments and wig, and, feel totally natural that I forget I'm appearing en femme.

Maybe it's the progression of age and self acceptance. A lot of free time as a retiree.

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    Oddly enough, I've had the same, surprising experiences when I've gone out. I find that women often come up to me and engage me in conversation. And in a number of instances, they've been overtly "interested". I'm not in the market, but I find it incredibly surprising and quite flattering too!

All those years when I was single and going out dressed as a male. Who knew! If I could have my 20's back again, I'd take a whole different approach!
    I've had the same experiences. When I was single, I always sucked at going to bars as a guy. When I started going to bars as a girl (or at least as a guy in a skirt), I met an absolute TON of women. It was pretty awesome...it's a shame I didn't figure it out until I was about 25...I missed quite a few fun years.
    "There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. "

- Anais Nin

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    When I go out for a stroll en femme in the evening, it feels so natural to be en femme, that it is boring. I may as well stroll the street dressed as a man. It the same feeling when I'm doing my en home cross dressing. I get dolled up a la 1950-1960's June Cleaver look with a pretty dress, heels, hosiery, undergarments and wig, and, feel totally natural that I forget I'm appearing en femme.

Maybe it's the progression of age and self acceptance. A lot of free time as a retiree.
    I gained a different take on this boring sense. For me I find Cross-dressing to derive pleasure from focusing inwards on the self, the clothes, the fantasy. To be out and about requires one to focus on their surroundings or to engage in an activity requires one to focus on that activity. Being out makes me loose focus on being dressed which makes it as you point out feeling no more special then men's clothing. I also noticed this during that Holloween. I forgot about the clothes and just had fun with my friends.

This maybe another lesson for closeted crossdressers, going out may not always be necessary to heighten the fun.
    Last edited by ReluctantDebutant; 02-21-2013 at 06:36 PM. Reason: typo

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Annaliese2010 View Post
    Cuz every girl's crazy bout a crossdressed man... (ZZ TOP!)
    You can't just drop that one line, Annaliese! We need some more lyrics to go with that! Let's see...

Breast forms, new shoes,
    And I don't know where I am goin' to,
    Silk dress, lined eyes,
    I don't need a reason why-y-y,
    They come runnin' just as fast as they can,
    'Cause every girl crazy 'bout a crossdressed man!

Someone else is going to have to do the guitar parts, that's not my instrument.

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Interesting... I had never really put much thought into it but I think you are on to something. I've only gone out dressed once on Halloween with friends who don't know about my feminine side, and I had girls all over me. I had three girls feel my pantyhose-covered legs and one insisted that I reveal whether I was wearing panties under my hose. She kept lifting my skirt to see which I must say was a little unnerving. Oddly, I felt a bit violated (but I did show her my panties.) I'm sure I outed myself with my breast forms after both women and a few men copped a feel. At that point, I really didn't care.

Follow your dream.
    Very true!!!

Back in the day when I used to go out on "gurls" night I would get lots of female attention. I was (and still am) married and faithful so I behaved myself but if I was single I have zero doubt that it would've been easy to find an open minded woman.

If you are well dressed, confident and not acting like a sleezy perv, you will attract female attention.
    ;-)

I love the attention I get from GG's when I am crossdressed, and it does not matter what time of the year. and yes they do get handsy with me, and I love it, and I have fun with it. It is so amazing