Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Does crossdressing make you less of a man ?

Does crossdressing make you less of a man ?

It's a simple question right ? I personally don't feel it makes me any less a man. What defines us as a man ? Besides our plumbing. Women can do anything we can do , so what's so special about us ? I drive a dump truck and I work with women that can drive just as good if not better than most of the men I work with. Just some food for thought and curios to see what y'all think.
    Hugs , Nikki Rich

Living and dressing female makes me feel whole. I don't care if it makes me less of a man, people will think whatever feeds their prejudices. I have to live my life as I see fit as long as I don't harm anyone else.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Quote Originally Posted by ArleneRaquel View Post
    Living and dressing female makes me feel whole. I don't care if it makes me less of a man, people will think whatever feeds their prejudices. I have to live my life as I see fit as long as I don't harm anyone else.
    Amen. The way that I see it is that crossdressing makes me more of a woman and that is a good thing.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

for me cross-dressing has made me more of a man then I ever thought of after so many years of struggle I am glad I am who I am
    WHEN IN STRESS WEAR A DRESS
    BE HAPPY WITH YOURSELF IT ALL YOU GOT

I feel its made me a better person in general

My belief is that it makes me a better, more whole person. For years I was the rough, gruff type of macho man that suppressed these thoughts and feelings. 25 years in the Army. I was a Paratrooper, a Drill Sergeant. On the civilian side a respected business executive. There is only one person on Earth that knows about this, my wife. Married 12 years and we have 3 beautiful children together. I am an excellent, loving husband, father, and provider. I respect, no revere women greatly, especially my wife. I am far more a man--even though I thoroughly enjoy shaving my legs, wearing sheer hose with stiletto pumps, dresses, skirts, etc.--than many insecure macho types that treat women like excrement and think that makes them more manly.

That's just what I want it to do.I wish while I'm dressed real breasts,curves,vagina,alabaster skin,silky hair and overall physique would appear and my maleness underneath would disappear.

I don't think it makes my husband any less of a man. He makes me feel safe he provides for me and makes me feel like a princess every day.
    11/15/12 ride or die

On Hiatus
    I hope it does for me >_> <_<
    "None is more cruel and violent than the coward"
    -Italian economist and sociologist Vilfredo Pareto-

No less a man but certainly more woman.
    Have been for years.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

With any hope Yes! Seriously though, is it less of a man to be more gentile, more careing, more in touch with your emotions, or even closer to your wife? I've been a man long enough. It's time to be the woman that's traped inside. Expectations for men are just too primitive. I'm much happier as a woman and feel complete. I do everthing that any husband and father would do only I'm able to be a much better person when I'm able to be the woman inside.

Makeup addict!
    Not at all. Nothing about me is feminine and most people view me as masculine. I just happen to like women's clothes

I don't feel less of a man.....I feel more whole as a person.

Maybe so, however I could care less. It does make me whole as a person, which is all that matters to me.

Gold Member
    Yes, I am afraid so. One night your equipment might fall off when you are asleep.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

My GF certainly doesn't think it makes me less of a man.
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikki Rich View Post
    Does crossdressing make you less of a man ?
    I sure hope so! My goal is to be more like a woman in how I am in a general sense, that includes how I think and act in boy mode too as well as girl mode. I want to less like the men I know.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Quote Originally Posted by KatieGG View Post
    I don't think it makes my husband any less of a man. He makes me feel safe he provides for me and makes me feel like a princess every day.
    I wish there were more gg's out there like U.

no, it does not make feel less of a man if anything it makes me think like a woman and I can understand them in certain situations.

It takes a real man to have the courage to crossdress.......lol. As a CD and not Transgender or TS, I've stated I embrace both sides of my personality, masculine and feminine. There are typical male behaviors.....hunting, fishing, building and fixing cars that "define" parts of manhood, but just as I am a great cook, I know women who really enjoy and are good at those activities also. Some of them are very girly girls also, not just tom boys. Danica Patric comes to mind this week. I believe being CD makes me a better man, since I don't have the need to hide my femine traits I can be more open when in male mode, I am not threatened by showing my feelings, talking and such. Boys are taught to suck it up, hide your pain and feelings, present as macho..........I've grown past that to accept others, and share the real me. I've actually become more confident since I started dressing regularly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Follow me on Facebook
    http://facebook.com/ceri4certain

Visually, and self-definitive? Yeah...It does. But I thought that was the point. LOL!
    :P

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    Less of a man? No. When I deconstruct back to drab mode, I'm the same man I was. But I do hope that crossdressing does make me more of a woman. Ultimately, I'd like to be able to handle myself in either role, and use the experiences of both halves of my soul to enhance my total self.

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Does dressing make me less of a man? NO!

Being less of a man, period, makes me less of a man!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I second ArleneRaquel's reply, as it is how I feel also. Being a CD'r does not make me any less of a man, as I have not changed in being a man, I have just come to terms with an added dimension of who I really am, and am able to express this dimension with a degree of comfort and conviction. I feel much more at peace and a much more balanced person in all.
    Di

Does crossdressing make you less of a man?
    I certainly hope so!

When I'm dressed I'm not a man. Getting that thought out of my head makes it easier to interact with society with confidence. I'm just me, and they will have to accept me as I am. A large, non-beautiful GG doesn't worry about passing. She just does it. I try to follow that path.

Now, when I am not dressed I can be as manly as is required by the circumstances. I have decades of experience in acting manly and it's no trick at all.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]