Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How important is it?

How important is it?

Just how important is dressing to you? Is it just something you do or is it a real part of you that you take ownership of? For myself, it is a vehicle I have utilized to outwardly express my inner feelings and being able to do that makes me happy. I'm wondering how others feel about this.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

It's not required to do per se'. I don't fiend, but my anxiety ratchets up pretty quickly if I don't. I also tend to overcompensate my male side the longer I go. I can go a week or two 100% guy mode if I'm working, about 4 if I'm on vacation with the family. Before all of this starts.
    So I would say pretty important for my sense of balance.

Whether we are driven to dress by a strong internal feminine identity or dress because it's sexually exciting, there is a powerful compulsion to dress. So I would say that yes, it is important.

Extremely important. While i dress as a man at work and am ok with that, i change into something feminine as soon as i get home. Dressing feminine is a fundamental part of who i am.

It's most certainly a part of me that requires expression.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Dressing is extremely important to me. It really might be the perfect hobby obsession!

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    Ohh this could be a tough one for alot of us. For me dressing is a way to outwardly express my feminine side. Do I have to, no. Do I want to, yes. But wether I am dressed in male or female attire does not change who I am. Now the question, I am I male or female. At times I believe I am a mix of both.
    Erica

Aspiring Member
    I think about it way too much. I dress way too much. It has become a very big part of my life. So it must be very important to me.

I would give a similar reply to Nicole as to the reasons, and it is important to dress.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Aspiring Member
    To be completely honest, it's as important a part of my life as anything else. Even when I'm engaged in any number of other necessary or fun activities, the thoughts are always there. If it's deprived for any extended period of time, the drumbeat just gets louder until I have to find the time and opportunity. How it is addressed, after decades of dealing with it on pretty much the front burner, takes many more forms today than it did earlier, a lot of them the kind of daily maintenance that GGs do, and I seem to be spending more and more time in a state of plausibly deniable androgyny. In my mid-60s, living in my home town where many people know for many reasons, I just kind of let it take its course and follow the ebbs and flows of the compulsion.

No way would I purge or try to will myself to just not do it; it's a permanent and important part of me.

I fear that I must dress everyday, in fact I would feel "naked" wearing male garb, except where it is necessry. I must drees feminine or so I feel that my "inner voice" is telling me.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

For me it's a big part of who I am I spend way to much time looking at styles make up and all things fem it's really a compulsion and in some ways an obsession there is no way I could go without dressing up fully so it's very important to me and my well being.

Aspiring Member
    It is important for me to dress, just wish I could find an understanding woman who wouldn't mind that I enjoy dressing as a woman.

I find dressing to be a release of the anxiety I feel when I have not been able to express a part of my feminine side, which I am now discovering. I find a peacefulness in dressing and a thrill in every opportunity I get. In answer to your question, it is important to me and continue to explore this inner spirit which has now awakened.
    Di

Aspiring Member
    I dress whenever I can because, well, I can and it's my being or nature for lack of a better way to describe it. I just feel I am a woman. I don't always get all dolled up including makeup unless I'm in the mood, just like a woman going out for a special occasion. Most of the time I dress casual like any woman would going shopping at Walmart. I dress for comfort, and women's clothing gives me that comfort. Imagine a woman forced to wear clunky male clothing and cotton briefs! Yuk!

Cheryl
    Last edited by Cheryl Ann Owens; 04-28-2013 at 07:19 PM.

It is very important. I find that, like many have already stated, I have a lot of anxiety if I go too long without it.
    But it's better than anything I have found to make me feel at peace. Plus, it's mostly harmless.
    Mostly.
    When I can keep from getting cranky and over-analytic about it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Emily

We're the ones who start little fires, yet they burn out
    But when they're on the rise, we can't help but shine

And when the wave approaches, take our ashes to the ocean
    Who cares if hell awaits? We're having drinks at heaven's gate

"Modern Jesus" Portugal (The Man)

It's not just something I do. It is a very big part of the me inside.And I thank God my wife knows and lets me be me if I'm a he or a she at the moment.
    Angie

Ya know, some women put on baggy sweats, some men hang out in boxers and a T-shirt, I dress en-femme. Its just what I do to get comforable. For some reason, I even sleep better en-femme(uincluding my bra and forms) than I do drab.
    And, yes, it is a very im portant part of who I am.

I enjoy every moment Sharon gets. I have been trying to exercise my stomach a little flatter with 55 minute ab routine and 50 minutes on the treadmill all in my living room, shorts, sports bra, bra and forms. I also sleep better while being Sharon.

Platinum Member
    Hi Kate, It's just who I am and It's what I do it's as much a part of me as any thing male is a part of me.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar
    Important as breathing.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Its very important to me too.

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate Simmons
    Just how important is dressing to you?
    Important, but not as important as other things. At this point in time I can take it or leave it – I’ve done enough to satisfy my curiosity, but I do my share. Dressing and not dressing are the same space when you really don’t have to do it. Meanwhile, I can still THINK like a crossdresser, but the “landscape” has definitely changed…

It is just a part of me. I do it because it is the only way I have found to make me look like a girl. That is all I want is to look like I am inside.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

I am in male clothes I guess, about 98% of the time, doing blue collar, physical work, and helping my difficult 92 year old father. I would like to dress more, but usually am too tired. It is a lot of work getting dolled up! I can live without dressing, but, i would think about it a lot, and have more stress and anxiety than i already have, which is lots! My toxic family of origin makes sure of that. The hell never ends.