Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Does crossdressing make you less of a man ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Does crossdressing make you less of a man ?

It's a simple question right ? I personally don't feel it makes me any less a man. What defines us as a man ? Besides our plumbing. Women can do anything we can do , so what's so special about us ? I drive a dump truck and I work with women that can drive just as good if not better than most of the men I work with. Just some food for thought and curios to see what y'all think.
    Hugs , Nikki Rich

Living and dressing female makes me feel whole. I don't care if it makes me less of a man, people will think whatever feeds their prejudices. I have to live my life as I see fit as long as I don't harm anyone else.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Quote Originally Posted by ArleneRaquel View Post
    Living and dressing female makes me feel whole. I don't care if it makes me less of a man, people will think whatever feeds their prejudices. I have to live my life as I see fit as long as I don't harm anyone else.
    Amen. The way that I see it is that crossdressing makes me more of a woman and that is a good thing.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

I think it really depends on the type of the reason why you CD. Some will do it try to be another persona. If you are doing this you are doing everything to reduce your masculinity. I just think of the thing that I am proud of in male mode, I try to tuck back and hide when I am in Kat mode. However, I don't think that this makes my male side less masculine. I treat the two sides separatley.
    I think I feel more like Natalie than I do Kat. I think from this point I will go by Natalie.

Part of a recently ended relationship where a reason why it ended was my crossdressing.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by katlee View Post
    I treat the two sides separatley.
    Well, I think that's what I'm doing too - but you know, when I think about it, I wonder if that's really the case?

Hi,

What if your not a man to start with, does the clothes have a bearing then ,if i wear male clothes does that change any thing about who i am as a person, So take away the clothes what then does that change the part of you that is the core person, of who you are,

If i wear a sack as in sack cloth & ash's I maybe humiliated & thought of as... weird , i am any way... so no it does not change who i am,

For males i dont see a change in the person or makes you any less of a male,

...noeleena...

for me cross-dressing has made me more of a man then I ever thought of after so many years of struggle I am glad I am who I am
    WHEN IN STRESS WEAR A DRESS
    BE HAPPY WITH YOURSELF IT ALL YOU GOT

I feel its made me a better person in general

My belief is that it makes me a better, more whole person. For years I was the rough, gruff type of macho man that suppressed these thoughts and feelings. 25 years in the Army. I was a Paratrooper, a Drill Sergeant. On the civilian side a respected business executive. There is only one person on Earth that knows about this, my wife. Married 12 years and we have 3 beautiful children together. I am an excellent, loving husband, father, and provider. I respect, no revere women greatly, especially my wife. I am far more a man--even though I thoroughly enjoy shaving my legs, wearing sheer hose with stiletto pumps, dresses, skirts, etc.--than many insecure macho types that treat women like excrement and think that makes them more manly.

That's just what I want it to do.I wish while I'm dressed real breasts,curves,vagina,alabaster skin,silky hair and overall physique would appear and my maleness underneath would disappear.

I don't think it makes my husband any less of a man. He makes me feel safe he provides for me and makes me feel like a princess every day.
    11/15/12 ride or die

Quote Originally Posted by KatieGG View Post
    I don't think it makes my husband any less of a man. He makes me feel safe he provides for me and makes me feel like a princess every day.
    I wish there were more gg's out there like U.

no, it does not make feel less of a man if anything it makes me think like a woman and I can understand them in certain situations.

It takes a real man to have the courage to crossdress.......lol. As a CD and not Transgender or TS, I've stated I embrace both sides of my personality, masculine and feminine. There are typical male behaviors.....hunting, fishing, building and fixing cars that "define" parts of manhood, but just as I am a great cook, I know women who really enjoy and are good at those activities also. Some of them are very girly girls also, not just tom boys. Danica Patric comes to mind this week. I believe being CD makes me a better man, since I don't have the need to hide my femine traits I can be more open when in male mode, I am not threatened by showing my feelings, talking and such. Boys are taught to suck it up, hide your pain and feelings, present as macho..........I've grown past that to accept others, and share the real me. I've actually become more confident since I started dressing regularly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Follow me on Facebook
    http://facebook.com/ceri4certain

Banned Read only
    I think for the longest time my cross dressing was perplexing to my wife. My personalty that attracted her really has not changed at all over forty plus years. My cross dressing was not a premarital secret. It developed along the way. I did nothing to try to compensate for my cross dressing. I did not become boorish. I did not become a "man's man" to conceal my cross dressing. I worked hard all my life. I supported my family. Everyone went to college on my dime. I served my time in the military doing the ultimate 'manly' things. What's between my legs has not defined me.

Quote Originally Posted by KatieGG View Post

My husband is more of a man now than when he was denying who he really was.
    He is a man and a CDer and he is a lot happier with himself.
    He knows who he is and that is a caring father a considerate friend and a compassionate husband.
    He can still be a grumpy git on occasions but can't we all!!!
    He makes me feel safe and loved and that is who he is a CD man.

I think this is a case of having the cart before the horse.

Not unless crossdressing makes you less of a woman as well.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

OMG!!! there are some who disapprove?
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Yes if it means less of a man defined by feminity-suppressed person, which implies more of a feminity-enhanced man.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibumi View Post
    My belief is that it makes me a better, more whole person. For years I was the rough, gruff type of macho man that suppressed these thoughts and feelings. 25 years in the Army. I was a Paratrooper, a Drill Sergeant. On the civilian side a respected business executive. There is only one person on Earth that knows about this, my wife. Married 12 years and we have 3 beautiful children together. I am an excellent, loving husband, father, and provider. I respect, no revere women greatly, especially my wife. I am far more a man--even though I thoroughly enjoy shaving my legs, wearing sheer hose with stiletto pumps, dresses, skirts, etc.--than many insecure macho types that treat women like excrement and think that makes them more manly.
    I couldn't agree more.

Quote Originally Posted by Natalie Wood View Post
    I couldn't agree more.
    Quote Originally Posted by IngeInCO View Post
    I'm all man all the time, no matter what I wear.

I agree with all three of these individual's. Getting my inner girlie on does not make me more of a man nor does it make me less. BTW Women can do almost anything a man can do. The things that women can't do or perhaps not does as well or feats of strength. That is just physiology nothing more. When it comes to the mind neither is better then the other.

Cheers
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

lover of hosiery wantstocrossdress's Avatar

i'm like that and it still puzzles me at times how the machoest of of some men opt to dress up en femme whatever their reason is.

it makes me feel more understanding to women and how much time and effort they put in to make themselves lovely. i understand why they hate wearing pantyhose because of how it feels and its bothersome to put on. i understand why they take so much time to put makeup on, why fixing their hair takes several minutes, and why they get bored with their clothes (i wanna get a new dress too!)

What exactly is meant by "less of" a man, anyway? I still have the same hardware, so to speak, and I still enjoy the same manly activities whether I am dressed or not... I just also happen to enjoy being girly and doing girly things to an equal, but separate, degree. Would playing a wizard in a roleplaying game make you "less of" a business executive (or whatever) in real life?

A question with the same logic might be: Does being a man make you less feminine?
    "Art is not what you see, but what you make others see." - Edgar Degas

Amen Shibumi. I dont think how i dress, act or look should define me as a Man. i've known many "Manly" men who were downright despiclable - disrespectful, deceitful, dishonest and just downright mean. If thats what it means to be a man then i dont want any part of it.