Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Does crossdressing make you less of a man ?

Quote Originally Posted by Lacyfem View Post
    Well I guess I'm like Jekell and Hyde. When I'm not dressed I'm all man and when dressed I'm all woman. Think this is true of most cds.
    I'm all man all the time, no matter what I wear.

Men are yuchhy....I don't want anything to do with that!
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

I agree with some of the other posts here - I feel like when I'm dressing I'm certainly doing my best to improve/increase my femininity however that doesn't lower or reduce my masculinity when I'm not dressing.

Very interesting topic...good thread!!

Not at all Nikki. I all man at work or with friends.But when I'm home well I feel all woman.
    Angie

As society defines manhood? Of course.

But I also think Crossdressing makes me more of a full human being. I really dont care for many of our society's social norms/rules anyway.

It actually makes you more of a man. You have to be strong to stand up against everyone that disapproves our lifestyle.

OMG!!! there are some who disapprove?
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Yes if it means less of a man defined by feminity-suppressed person, which implies more of a feminity-enhanced man.

Silver Member
    Society as it is right now will tell you you're less of a man, but they have it wrong, wrong wrong. I have discovered I am a more complete human being because of my crossdressing. My personality is a mix of both male and female (I usually say 60% female) and to deny either side is not healthy for me. My guess is that everyone in this forum is a mix of both in any proportion ranging from 10% to 99% femme and we're all beautiful people (speaking only my own case, it's just inner beauty)

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikki Rich
    Does crossdressing make you less of a man ?
    It makes me more of the man I want to be, meaning a more balanced individual. You can’t listen or subscribe to other people’s notions of what “being a man” entails. Most men are insecure, and they are on guard against any intrusions into their fortress of masculinity. Interesting men do not bother with such made-up nonsense. They (meaning we) take what they have and see what they can do with it. It takes courage to crossdress, drop the injurious vestiges of “male,” and become more of a man than any other man could possibly imagine. Just imagine your “self” and make it happen…

Beauty, and 'manliness', is in the eyes of the beholder. Sadly, this winds up meaning that to most women, we are 'less of a man'. That means it's not a big problem if you're interested in having sex with men, and expect to have a male life partner, because there are men out there who are interested in having sex with a reasonably attractive mtf crossdresser. But women? Very, very few. You're more likely to win the lottery than find a woman who is attracted to a mtf crossdresser.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Quote Originally Posted by IngeInCO View Post
    I'm all man all the time, no matter what I wear.
    That's funny.I don't see a man at all in your avitar

Quote Originally Posted by CarolynO View Post
    That's funny.I don't see a man at all in your avitar
    Yes, I agree. Looks like a pretty girl to me.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

It levels me out, otherwise I'm a raging ahole :-(

Of course it makes you less of a man.... But then again, that's the whole point!

I'd equate this to a question like "does eating a steak make you less of a vegetarian"

In a humorous way, my wife said, "Well, no, but having Tinkerbelle as your avatar might." (No insult actually intended)
    "I want you all to call me Loretta." - The Life of Brian

Yes, it makes me less of a man and more of a girl. Which is exactly the way I like it!! If only I could make it 100% girl and 0% man!!
    Lori

Banned Read only
    There's some great answers here, but I would expect no less from such a neat group of people.

So, my answer...

In the time that I have been crossdressing, my male persona, behaviors and interests have not changed that much at all. Such that you can see, anyway. What has changed internally is that I have just about given up the notion of having to make my masculinity bulletproof to the point where no one would question it. All my life I have invested an extraordinary amount of energy in this, but what I have finally realized is that it has NO POINT. Once I started to relax about that, a sense of relief comes not unlike outing yourself to someone. Basically you come to understand that some things can just be given up and you don't have to carry that burden anymore.

As men, we carry of lot of B/S that society has given us. Stuff like "Be a man.", "Don't cry.", "Don't act like a sissy." and many other similar verbal daggers. It can make us feel that any sort of tenderness and compassion just shouldn't happen. As I said, B/S.

So, it may well be that some of us feel less than a man sometimes. If that works for you, fine. Don't let anyone tell you any different. Conversely, don't say that you think you are not less of a man because that's what you think you should say...

Ms Laura tell your wife she's too funny , I really love the diversity of this group , as a I originally said I don't think I'm less of a man than I've e ever been. I now just allowing a side of me show that's always been there , I've come to realize that trying to supress this part of me makes me a asshole which does more damage to my relationship with my wife than crossdresseing could ever do. I've been out to my wife about 4 months now , so we are still navigating these uncharted waters.
    Hugs , Nikki Rich

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikki Rich View Post
    It's a simple question right ? I personally don't feel it makes me any less a man. What defines us as a man ? Besides our plumbing. Women can do anything we can do , so what's so special about us ? I drive a dump truck and I work with women that can drive just as good if not better than most of the men I work with. Just some food for thought and curios to see what y'all think.
    In my opinion, yes it does. Both in the eyes of others and in regards to ourselves. The majority, if not all, of the members of this site for example will refer to each other using a female pronoun, and there are many threads which discuss not only our desire to look like women, but also expressing how we want to feel like women. And when dressing in public, numerous members talk about how enjoyable it is for them to be treated as a woman.

In regards to others, our dressing will result in questions about our masculinity and, much to the annoyance of the straight cd's, our sexuality. While one shouldn't necessarily confuse the idea of being masculine with the the notion of being a man, as masculinity and femininity are a little more fluid than our actual gender stipulates, they are nevertheless terms which work as signifiers in terms of how others view us, and indeed how we present ourselves. An effeminate man may not necessarily be gay, but just like many crossdressers have experienced, it will result in others questioning their sexual orientation. For some, such questions are justified by the answer given - that is, some crossdressers are gay, just as some effeminate men are.

But I digress. Personally, I do regard myself as less of a man. I am effeminate, I am gay, and I do crossdress. It doesn't bother me in the slightest that others would regard me as less of a man than an "average Joe", because that's exactly how I regard myself. For other cd's however, it may be as simple as turning on and off a switch - when they present themselves as male, to others they wouldn't be regarded as any less of a man than any other man. But there nevertheless remains a part of them (which is a part that makes up their whole) which does align more to the notion of femininity, the idea of being a woman, and that part (which makes up their whole) is far removed from what being a man encompasses. And it's on that level that I believe your question should be addressed. Not the job we do, or the truck we drive. Anybody, be they male or female can do jobs that are traditionally/socially more commonly associated with the opposite gender. It's from inside ourselves where your question should be answered. When you dress, do you feel like a man, or desire to feel like a woman? At the risk of being presumptious, I would say the latter. And the clothes, the make-up, the external presentation of ourselves when dressing is simply a means in order for us to be able to embrace our feminine side.

Shania Twain once sang "Man. I feel like a woman" Sums it up for me.
    Somtimes the light's all shining on me, Other times I can barely see.
    Lately it's occured to me.....What a long strange trip it has been.
    Truckin by the Grateful Dead

Banned Read only
    Less of a Man??....................What is a Man??

There are many things in life we don't understand and crossdressing is just one of those many things. It doesn't change what I feel in my heart just softens the blows I recieve from the world and its rigid society.

Banned Read only
    Oh My Gawd, we're all getting in touch with our FEELINGS. We are NOT supposed to do that. Says so right here, on Page 9 Paragraphs 18 and 19, in the Guy's All-Star Shoe Band Guy's Handbook.

Read'em and weep. Whoops. We aren't supposed to do that either...

Banned Read only
    "Upstate" NY USA.... Site of the first crash of the "Vin Fiz"
    Yes, it make one less of a man in the stereotypical sense. After all, we love these strictly female sensations
    However, the question should be if it make you less of a person which is of course no.

ABSOLUTELY NOT! It makes me somewhat angry when people say it does. When I told my mother about it, my wife was with me. She said, even though I dress, I'm still all man, except for this little part of me.