Thread: Dropping your female voice to male as a shocker... anyone do it?

Banned Read only
    Western Upstate NY, on a Lake Ontario city

Dropping your female voice to male as a shocker... anyone do it?

Just curious has anyone of us like me who is passable in all ways in public including female mastered
    voice has anyone ever drop it to male when leaving a SA or waitress with a "thank you hon, have a nice day" to get an "OMG its a guy!" Just for a giggle reaction!
    Last edited by Megan70; 02-21-2013 at 12:50 PM.

this is exactly why ill never be passable haha, i got a PBS Frontline-voice. No way of hiding that
    You can't fly with the eagles if you sleep with the pigeons.

If I could ever develop a female voice I would never give myself away by reverting to my male voice. I believe thats over 75% of presenting as a female when out and about if you're going to be around anybody.

This reminds me of that scene in "To Wong Foo, Thanks for everything, Julie Newmar" when the deputy is feeling up Patrick Swayze and gets told in Patrick's "Roadhouse" voice to take his hand off his balls. Or something to that effect. Haven't seen the movie in ages, but this reminded me of that.

Lol, it's all up to you and your sense of humor. If I saw it happen, I'd laugh. I have no passable fem voice, so I'll never get the chance to try.

Cheers,

Kalista

I'm a TGirl, yes it's true! I'm a TGirl, through and through.
    I love nylons and high heels, mini-skirts and shopping deals!
    I don't care what others say, life's too short, it's time to play.
    I'm a TGirl, yes it's true! I'm a TGirl, how 'bout you?

If they are that naive then they should be shocked. I now TS's who go way up when they answer the phone or meet someone then drop to "normal (which is just a softer version of their deeper voice) after a few minutes.

When I perform (sing) I don't even change and that shocks some just because they expect me to try and sing falsetto. But people like what I do so the shock goes away quickly
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

I'm not perfectly anything especially passable ..... not that I try.....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    I'm not perfectly anything especially passable ..... not that I try.....
    Oh yes you are Karen, don't sell yourself short. Believe!.
    Pictures got me fooled, bet the voice would too

Aspiring Member Tammy Nowakowski's Avatar
    Not that far yet to think about it
    not sure how to change my voice

Kind of did it, without realizing I was.

The first, and only, time I was out fully dressed was on Halloween 20 years ago. I didn't think I was passable at all, and didn't care since it was Halloween. I went into a store, people looked at me, but didn't laugh or say anything. I didn't know if they knew I was a guy or not. Walked up to the counter, and didn't try to change my voice, just talked in my very deep masculine voice. The girl behind the counter actually jumped when she heard my voice, and said "I thought you were a woman". The look and the reaction on her face was classic. I still tell that story 20 years later, because it was such a great reaction.

Never had any need to do that Hon. I always talk the same way en femme or en homme. Most people I know don't seem to notice it anyway.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Yes, I have done that. When out and about, I am generally presentable, but, by no means passable. But--guys, especially guys who are drinking, will see what they want to see. When one of these guys is hitting on me and not taking no for an answer, I drop the voice and give an emphatic "no". Have gotten some great deer-in-the-headlights looks.

Jodi

I've done it, yes...
    but there were some instances where i did it, and the tables were turned right back round on me, to where I was wearing the wide-eye look.
    I'll give two such examples:
    1) One of my early outings, my wife and I were at a dance club. We had returned to our table, and I headed up to to bar replenish our libations. As I'm waiting for the drinks, a felt a hand on the small of my back, and a guy sidles up next to me and asks "Share a drink?" He wasn't obnoxious, but might have been a bit tipsy.
    I cleared my throat and leaned toward him, and in my deepest voice (consider that my singing voice can reach low baritone) I said "I don't think you're quite my type."
    He laughed!! LAUGHED, I tell you!
    And then he said: "Nice try, but I alreay knew. Your wife tipped me off."
    And my expression was not all dissimilar from this: :O
    2) I go to a Halloween Party. Yawn, I know...
    I would not have done it like that, but I was caught last minute with NO costume at all, sooooo...Nikki came out for the occasion.
    This was the first time anyone that I knew had ever seen Nikki. By that I mean people I associate with in other parts of my half-professional/half-social interests; My Fellow Local Musicians (It was an annual Halloween Musician's bash invitational).
    So...My wife and I are there all of 30 seconds, when a guy a know well, and have performed on stage with (he will remain anonymous) approaches us, and says "Hi girls!" then at my wife "Are you going to introduce your friend?"
    I laughed. My wife laughed. He didn't laugh. He was waiting expectantly. HE DIDN'T RECOGNIZE ME! To confirm, my wife said "<his name>, this is Nikki, my date."
    He took my hand, kissed it, and said (looking around) "Did you bring <my real name> with you? I've been waiting to see his Les Paul up close."
    (sigh)
    I cleared my throat, and...
    "<his name>, it's me."
    To which, he laughed AGAIN, then replied: "Seriously, where is he, did he already come in, or is he getting his gear out of the car?"
    Once more, this was my expression: :O

Banned Read only
    Lucky, lucky you, to be 100% passable and do the shock voice for a little chuckle.

There are times when I wish I could, but my voice is naturally softer so it is hard for me to sound masculine when talking. Sort of soft masculine is all I can muster. veronnie2

There are sometimes I would say if you got it flaunt it, I am not as attractive as you look in your avatar.
    I look presentable and at parties if someone is checking my cleavage for tit quantity/quality I will say in a lower voice,
    "Drop an olive down there and I dare you to retrieve it."
    Gee! some guys have really big eyes don't they.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I have never tried to have a female voice at all. I don't have a very deep manly voice to begin with so I just talk as I normally do. Besides I'm not fooling anyone anyways.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

That was funny to read Megan. Bet you're fun to hang with. LOL...

My best story about that happened at a bar/restaurant I hang out at, there was a very drunk guy milling around being pretty obnoxious, he zeroed in on me and tried talking to me (I couldn't pick up if he knew he was talking to a CD or not ) so kind of politely told him to move on, he then approached the lady who was running the Karaoke that night and was making her feel pretty uncomfortable, I could tell she was looking for a little help from back behind the bar, but they were pretty busy and didn't notice the problem, things got a little worse in that he wouldn't take a hint from her to leave her alone then he started trying to put his arms around her, I walked over and put myself between her and the man and said in my sweetest feminine voice " I think it's best you leave her be, sit down and finish your drink nice, then leave, I don't believe they will serve you again....." well then he tried putting his arms around me and said " well I am just out trying to have a good time, no one should stop me from trying to have some fun" so I leaned into his ear and whispered in my MAN voice, well I don't think it'd be took much fun for you when your friends see you get ushered outta here by a gurl! He put his head down and walked right out of the place. The lady came over and thanked me, then a few minutes later the owner came over with a drink for me and thanked me also, then he laughed after he asked me what I told him to make him bolt out of there like that, my money wasn't any good there for a little bit after that !

Steph has to win the gold medal here for most creative means to getting a drunk out of a bar with minimal encounters.
    I'm a guy who likes girls, I just like a little more about them than the average guy.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Annaliese2010 View Post
    That was funny to read Megan. Bet you're fun to hang with. LOL...
    You betcha I am,if we all lived in the same place there are dozens of "gurlz" here I'd love to hang with and bust... well.... tits

Quote Originally Posted by tiffanyjo89 View Post
    Steph has to win the gold medal here for most creative means to getting a drunk out of a bar with minimal encounters.
    I was just going to say the same thing... A GOLD Medal. Now let me buy YOU a drink theregirlfriend
    Last edited by Lorileah; 02-22-2013 at 06:13 PM. Reason: merged consecutive posts. try and merge posts with edit when you post so close together thanks

Banned Read only
    What would your reply be to them if THEY were to answer your "wrong voice" with their own "wrong voice"?

What if their reply to you was "I knew you were a man from the moment you walked in, I just thought I would be courteous by playing along".

Not sure why people are so sure they "passed" just because other people don't blurt out "THATS a MANNNNNNNN!" HOW do you think they might treat the next CDer they encounter?

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildaboutheels View Post
    Not sure why people are so sure they "passed" just because other people don't blurt out "THATS a MANNNNNNNN!" HOW do you think they might treat the next CDer they encounter?
    Its a joke damn it, lighten up and don't take it so seriously
    Just Having some fun with it as a shocker. No big Whoa.

OH Yesssssssssssss!!! I love to do that. I don't think I really pass that well, but I rarely have any real issues with people being rude, staring or saying stupid stuff. So anyway, as I'm checking out of a store or paying my tab at a restaurant/bar..I like to respond in my normal...or slightly lower toned voice. I think it just confirms their thinking...is this really a woman or a guy in a dress.

Paula,

I've done it accidentally a couple of times, but never intentionally. It does get attention!