Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Watching TV shows for a reason

Aspiring Member

Watching TV shows for a reason

I was kind of wondering if any you watch certain TV shows and primarily focus on what the women are wearing.

Lately I have found my self looking forward to watching Let's Make a Deal, The Price is Right and The Weather Channel just so I can check out what the girls are wearing.

Tiffany on LMD always wears something nice and I wish I could have a lot of the dresses she wears. Only problem with some of them is that they are strapless and I need a bra for my forms. I also noticed that she primarily wears neutral/tan heels, and yes, contrary to a lot of opinions in another thread, most of the time they are toeless or strappy.

On TPR, Amber, Manuella, and Rachael always looks good. Even being pregnant, Rachael wears some real nice dresses, and looks good doing it. Once again, as with Tiffany, they often wear toe-less or strappy heels. Man I wish I had some of their outfits (only if the Price is Right).

And, believe it or not, the one show I really look forward to watching is The Weather Channel. The female fore-casters wear the outfits I like the most, mainly because they are everyday type outfits.

I don't limit my fashion watching to just these three shows. I am constantly critiquing in my head the outfits worn by females on any show that may be on. I get many good ideas for types of dresses I want to find, just wish I could find them in a 24 and at a good price.

Fox news, Ladies on there always wear colorful short dresses
    Chelle

The talk is one of my favorites

For me, it's always about my girls on the Today Show.

I always check out the ladies makeup, hairstyles, and clothes on TV. The nice thing about it is they don't get annoyed at you for staring.

Great question, Renee....
    I do like TWC ladies, they are professional, and dressed very nice.
    The ladies on Fox set the standard for HD, and love their dresses, makeup, and heels.
    That's hard to keep up with as a CD...
    [SIZE="3"]Amy[/SIZE]

Dancing with the stars, the dancing is ok but the outfits and shoes are great.
    The minute you think of giving up think of the reason you held on for so long

Pretty much the only reason I ever watched most TV shows was for the women and their wardrobe. Designing Women is a perfect example of a show that I only watched to see classily dressed women in hosiery and heels. Dallas, Dynasty, and a few sitcoms that featured leggy ladies did it for me. I even used to watch the Mexican soaps (telenovelas) just for the female eye-candy. Of course, I always told my wife (who is Hispanic) that I merely watch them to learn the language better, but for some reason she never believed me.
    "Masquerading as a man with a reason, my charade is the event of the season" ('Carry On Wayward Son' by Kansas)

Try Fox News. They dress GREAT.
    joank
    Southern California

If I remember right women contestants on Let's Make a Deal are dressed like farm animals and the one on The Prices is Right are dressed like crap..... I watch TV to be entertained.... and its getting more and more difficult to find something entertaining there...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I find the shows on H2 more interesting than anything else they have out there. Particularly the one about Ancient Aliens. Still trying to find the link that proves Karren and I were abducted though. Keep watching the skies I guess.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I try to check out shows that will have people wearing fairly nice clothes.. my favorite right now is "Made in Jersey". All the women are dressed and I swear they all wear heels.... love it....

Here's a few screen shots... from the public domain.

Renne.....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate Simmons View Post
    Still trying to find the link that proves Karren and I were abducted though. Keep watching the skies I guess.
    No need to find a link. It is quite obvious to us.

I am convinced that TV has been a major influence in pointing a great many of us toward the CD way of life!

And for that, I am grateful.

Aloha, sisters,

Christy

I too like to watch the Fox Network. I watch it for its contents mainly but I do check out the many neat dresses the women wear. Very seldom do I not see the women in dresses.

Awhile back there was a woman on 'Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader' that had on one of the most scrumptious outfits imaginable. They kept showing shots of her from behind. Indescribable!

No, I don't watch anything for that purpose, but I certainly do notice when someone is wearing something I find attractive.
    Right now I enjoy watching "Faceoff" and the bonus is McKenzie Westmore as hostess and all the wonderful outfits she wears.
    Last edited by Cheryl T; 02-22-2013 at 01:34 PM.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I like to watch "Selling New York" or "Selling LA" on HGTV, the women on those shows look like they're selling something but may be not real estate. I envision myself sometimes as that somewhat classy older real estate lady...Jaymee

I watch beauty pagents, victoria's secret shows, cheerleading competitions and anything with swimming involved to see what the girls are wearing....or not wearing. Hooters yearly pagents are always a good show. Oh, and you can turn the sound off on all of them, and replace with some nice disco music; the beat usually matches their stride.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I watch Elvis Presley movies,Beach Blanket Blanket Bingo, and other chick flicks to see what the girls aren't wearing.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Anything with Dana Delany in it, weather it was desperate housewives or now body of proof. She always is dressed to perfection and wearing the most awsome heels.

Same as Dana I watch "body of evidence" with Dana Delany. She is very hot and always wears the best heels.

Surprised no one mentioned Downton Abbey. Love the clothes all the girls wear.

Tracy

Banned Read only
    Western Upstate NY, on a Lake Ontario city
    For those of us older mature ladies in our 50's and 60's if you really want to go backwards to classy woman watch old reruns of the Lawerence Welk Show(although the music,[ i.e. the accordian] sucks) for the 60's we were teenagers then but it was the era of prom type petticotted dresses,shirtwaist dresses, business suits, gloves hoisery(always) high heels, boufant hair, 60's style eyemakeuop. Think Donna Reed , Harriett Nelson,My Little Margie. Wow those fashions were really feminine in those days. I long for their return but sadly time marches on and it will never happen. Bummer. But watch Lawrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaymees22 View Post
    I like to watch "Selling New York" or "Selling LA" on HGTV, the women on those shows look like they're selling something but may be not real estate. I envision myself sometimes as that somewhat classy older real estate lady...Jaymee
    I love those too!
    Kirstie (Location, Location, Location) & Sofie (The Unsellables) Allsopp always look good on their respective shows as well.
    I LOVE shiny black tights and control top pantyhose with reinforced toes!!

Quote Originally Posted by IwishIwasTracy View Post
    Surprised no one mentioned Downton Abbey. Love the clothes all the girls wear.

Tracy
    Love that show. I watch it every week primarily to see what the girls will be wearing. Although they don't look terribly comfortable I would love to have any one of those dresses. I also like the satin gloves they wear to dinner.