Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My Wife Wants Me To Dress Drag For A Party. Should I?

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    Also, as a Drag Queen, you won't be "one of the girls." You're the entertainment and if you can have fun in that role then things will go swimmingly.
    I second this point - you aren't going as a CD with others who are CDing, sounds like you're being asked to go more as entertainment for others...not a bad thing if you have that in you. I'm not sure if i do or not...good luck...

Do it ! I say so even the fact is I haven't built up the courage yet myself. Maybe someday.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Do it! Go on and indulge! It sounds like a fun time to me!

Platinum Member
    Hi Arimythe, What are you waiting for, An engraved invitation or something ??

Go now and hurry up and get dresses to the Nines.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

LOL! I am thoroughly convinced. I was over thinking it, and I'm just going to enjoy this opportunity if the party happens.
    Ali Edwards

Transgender Science ~ Blogging with WrodPress ~ Tweeting on Twitter

"I am half-sick of shadows," said / The Lady of Shalott.

Banned Read only
    Western Upstate NY, on a Lake Ontario city
    Guess the decisons' made, Case Closed... end of Story... ENJOY Aria
    Last edited by Megan70; 02-23-2013 at 11:31 PM.

Why not? I'm sure you'll both have fun!

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    What an amazing opportunity! I'll join the chorus of those saying "yea!"

Friends welcome
    You have not learned yet? NEVER say no to wife.
    A little bit of powder and paint,
    can make me look like what I ain't

Aspiring Member
    Just go with it, sounds a wonderful safe envirnonment for a bit of fun

Do it. Do it. Do it. But, don't do it as your fem self. Camp it up really good, the big hair, the heavy makeup, etc. But, all in all. Just have fun. Oh yeah. We want to see pictures.
    Hugs,

Teddie

Yes, go for it. I have done it in the past - dressed en femme for fancy dress. Love it when the GGs realise that under all the layers, you have femme lingerie and stockings. Maybe, just maybe, they know how much it means to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddie View Post
    Do it. Do it. Do it. But, don't do it as your fem self. Camp it up really good, the big hair, the heavy makeup, etc.
    Agreed. Drag is performance and entertainment, not emulation. I'll be aiming for comedy with side of innuendo.

Oh yeah. We want to see pictures.
    Most definitely.
    Ali Edwards

Definitely go for it ! Will some people talk...... probably.... for about 5 minutes..... until they find something (or someone) else to talk about !! ? !

Diane

If my wife asked me to dress up in drag and go to a party with her girl friends (First it wont happen) but if it did I would jump on it I have met them all and I would love the follow up conversations I believe it would be all good! Plus over the top feminine finery a drag queen uniform if you will would be so fun and at their request wow! as for drag queen its an act, some enjoy, gay or staright its the level of make up and feminine swagger! All for fun and entertainment. Every time I dress up I have fun so do it, enjoy it, own it! I think the follow up converastions will be the funnest. I think your wife is great by the way, So many of us wish we were in a relationship where we could share all of our selves with complete openness (is that a word?)! Do it tell us all about it!

If your wife wants to you to do it and you want to do it then by all means, enjoy yourself. :-)
    Let us know how it turns out!
    ~Amanda

I know I would not do this

You know you will be seen as the entertainment which is correct in the circumstances.

I am not sure your friends will see the serious side of dressing should you take it further in the future
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

I'd concur with the others about enjoying a potentially wonderful night of letting your hair down with an accepting audience. Strut your stuff.
    I, personally, would have the wife declare an (?over-the-top fem?) dress code such that you are not the only person dressed to the nines. And provides a reasonable expectation, that all participants will be looking thier best. Should reduce any expectation of you being there for entertainment only. Shared misery, don't ya know.
    Last edited by MarcyRex; 02-24-2013 at 11:28 AM.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariamythe View Post
    If I do drag now, then in the future one or more of these women finds out I'm a crossdresser, they might conflate the two and assume I'm really some sort of flaming queen.
    You mean you're not?

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly Preston View Post
    I know I would not do this

You know you will be seen as the entertainment which is correct in the circumstances.

I am not sure your friends will see the serious side of dressing should you take it further in the future
    That had been my concern in the OP. But now that I think about it, I think people will believe what they want no matter what.
    Ali Edwards

I would do it...great opportunity to get a makeover by a makeup artist. Could be some work pulling together a costume and if you are expected to put on a show etc.. but, then again, I imagine it would be a hit just being part of the party!
    Chickie

Only you retain the sole right to anwer that question. 'Should' carries tremendous weight insofar as a self-posed query. I wonder if a party-costume request warrants such a desire for affirmation among peers?

Banned Read only
    I think you should go for it! If your wife announces that she has convinced you to be a 'drag queen' for the event, then let her suggest the other women make suggestions and assist in selecting your wardrobe. The sooner your wife announces her request and your acceptance, the more time there is available to "practice" walking in heels.

I am assuming the women will want to watch the episode, so I would not expect you to be "prancing" around during the entire episode. If it's your intent to provide entertainment, you're going to need to develop an act. Better start planning.