Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another 'Look at me I actually did it' post.

Another 'Look at me I actually did it' post.

Hi everyone

Just wanted to share a breakthrough for me. I know i'm way behind compared to most of you.
    But last night I went out to a TG club for the first time in 9 years and left my flat (block of 6, well lit hallway, very public) for the first time ever while dressed and drove there and back.
    Big step for me, but oddly it just felt normal!

Well judging by your looks in that picture, you are quite passable, so I don't think you should mind the strangers. Congratulations by the way.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by becky77 View Post
    .... but oddly it just felt normal!
    THAT is the feeling I love. When you feel like that, you are confident and that translates to a more comfortable time out.

I know the feeling, I have started going out from my home lately too and I am a bit nervous until I get about a block away then I feel fine. I used to go to a hotel and change then go out but I guess I am getting past that. Unless you are worried about the neighbors you have nothing to fear. You look pretty convincing in your avatar.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Way to go, Becky! Congrats!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    Becky as pretty as you I would not worry. You have the look and if you have the attitude/confidence to go with it you will do just fine.
    Erica

Congrats Becky! Its a breathtaking experience isnt it?

So, let's hear about the details! Any interesting interactions? Did anyone try to hit on you? (I know I would hehe)

You are one of the cutest crossdressers on this forum! Time for the world to be amazed by your looks!

XOXO Penny

"A glass of wine anytime" rachaelsloane's Avatar
    Congrats on your outing. Next is to go to a mainstream club and what you'll find is that you'll have an even better time interacting and having great conversations with those you meet.
    " I love the life I live and I live the life I love"

Congrats glad you had fun . I like to think that there is no ahead, no behind, just where you want to be mental and for some physically.
    I think I feel more like Natalie than I do Kat. I think from this point I will go by Natalie.

Part of a recently ended relationship where a reason why it ended was my crossdressing.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Good for you and yes it feels normal for me too.

Anoter first time I love first times, I love fast times too.
    It will be as good when you do it again.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

aww yay! its so nice to be able to go out en femme! I have to make an hour drive to the closest TG friendly club. the 5 mile trip out of the small horrid little town I live in is always the hardest part. but arriving at the club and getting my skirt swaying makes it all worth it. love that "normal" feeling as well.

Emi ~.^

Yeah for you. I've recently made a new friend who is a non Op TS who lives fulltime and is encouraging me to go out with her on a shopping trip dressed. Really considering doing it!
    Namaste
    Live, love, laugh,

Donna

https://www.facebook.com/donna.jbrack

There is nothing like going out feeling and knowing it was meant to be. I've not had the opportunity to dress since Thursday and won't be able to dress until Monday lunchtime and boy am I having withdrawl symptoms of that feeling.

Maria

Good job, Becky! Don't worry, the more you do it, the more normal it will feel.

Alright Becky! You're so pretty, I bet you lit up all of Essex last night!

Way to go Becky! I am certain it was a giant step of many more to come... now don't even look back girlfriend!

congratulations on your outing. I've wanted to try a TG/CD friendly place for some time, but I don't know if I am ready for the interaction. I go out dressed often enough, but typically it is to run errands where I won't have to interact with anyone. I realize going out in public and interacting with the public are not that terribly different, but i still get nervous if I have to communicate with others. even in drab, i get nervous dealing with others outside of my comfort zone. and while dressed as a woman, i feel more confident... the nerves take over if i have to speak. did you go with a friend, or alone? how was the atmosphere? and, how did you feel when you were there.
    when in doubt, smile

Good for you...some day soon I will venture out in full femme!...until then I am just shall we say just doing UNDERCOVER! I trying to erect a FOUNDATION to build my women on!

Congrats! I'm glad it was easy for you!

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Congrats! Bet you had fun -- and having seen your pics, can't imagine you had any problems

Aspiring Member
    Good for you Becky hope you had fun.

Don't feel you are "way behind". This isn't a competition. This is a journey we each take, following our own path at our own pace.
    So happy that you had fun.
    I agree, it does feel so normal and that's an incredible feeling.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I'll add another congratulations! Hopefully it was a great experience and you can have plenty more fun and 'normal' chances to explore the workld.

-Bree

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    THAT is the feeling I love. When you feel like that, you are confident and that translates to a more comfortable time out.
    I definitely feel more confident as Becky, but then I have zero confidence as myself so that's not hard lol.

Quote Originally Posted by almostalady View Post
    I know the feeling, I have started going out from my home lately too and I am a bit nervous until I get about a block away then I feel fine. I used to go to a hotel and change then go out but I guess I am getting past that. Unless you are worried about the neighbors you have nothing to fear. You look pretty convincing in your avatar.
    I am worried about the neighbours to an extent, but I am reaching a point where I think, this is me deal with it or leave me alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Penny With_more View Post
    Congrats Becky! Its a breathtaking experience isnt it?

So, let's hear about the details! Any interesting interactions? Did anyone try to hit on you? (I know I would hehe)

You are one of the cutest crossdressers on this forum! Time for the world to be amazed by your looks!

XOXO Penny
    No one 'hit' on me, wasn't that sort of place and I kept myself to myself, I'm quite shy and I think I give off an unapproachable aura. Inside i'm smiling but I forget to tell my face that!

Quote Originally Posted by rachaelsloane View Post
    Congrats on your outing. Next is to go to a mainstream club and what you'll find is that you'll have an even better time interacting and having great conversations with those you meet.
    A mainstream club I would probably be humiliated but a LGBT club would be good next, all small steps.

Quote Originally Posted by DonnaSWLA View Post
    Yeah for you. I've recently made a new friend who is a non Op TS who lives fulltime and is encouraging me to go out with her on a shopping trip dressed. Really considering doing it!
    Funnily enough the person I met that night and got on really well with is a pre-op TS, we were so similar in so many ways it has completely unsettled me.

Quote Originally Posted by brandi.tgurl View Post
    congratulations on your outing. I've wanted to try a TG/CD friendly place for some time, but I don't know if I am ready for the interaction. I go out dressed often enough, but typically it is to run errands where I won't have to interact with anyone. I realize going out in public and interacting with the public are not that terribly different, but i still get nervous if I have to communicate with others. even in drab, i get nervous dealing with others outside of my comfort zone. and while dressed as a woman, i feel more confident... the nerves take over if i have to speak. did you go with a friend, or alone? how was the atmosphere? and, how did you feel when you were there.
    I went on my own. The atmosphere was good it's a great place to go if you want a safe venue go dressed and meet others, when I was there I was nervous but only because I am shy and not good with meeting others. As Becky and dressed it is totally natural and normal for me. I didn't have to interact with anyone so really I am yet to truly experience the being out and about bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl T View Post
    Don't feel you are "way behind". This isn't a competition. This is a journey we each take, following our own path at our own pace.
    So happy that you had fun.
    I agree, it does feel so normal and that's an incredible feeling.
    It is a journey, if only there was a map