Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What physical attribute or yours makes passing difficult?

What physical attribute or yours makes passing difficult?

My hands are too large. Cupping helps a little, but hiding them completely is best. Other than the size of my hands I think I could pass with the right makeup etc.

I'm 5' 8", have decent legs, face isn't too manly, but can almost palm a basketball!

Banned Read only
    Hands may be an issue but virtually all males have a jaw line issue. It is just plain different than a woman's. Now, throw in the adams apple, generally broader shoulders, shorter legs compared to body length (women are the opposite) and it is really an amalgamation of many attributes that give us away and hence why it is so difficult to "pass"

It is rarely a single attribute, but the summation of the many subtle male markers that gives most away. There are birds that quack like a duck, there are others that walk like a duck, and there are some that look like a duck, but unless all three characteristics are present, those birds are not misidentified as a duck upon causal inspection.

My nose is probably one of my most male characteristic, and the one thing I would have altered if I could only choose one (besides SRS which no one else sees while clothed, thus not involved with passing unless naked).

Passing beyond the casual glance stage is difficult for most cross dressers. There is no way to know how well you "pass" unless everyone you encounter is polled in a non-leading way.

Every time you come home, if you haven't been burned at the stake by angry villiagers, you've done fine. Short of Thai girls, not many pass any serious scrutiny. That being said...The world is a MUCH more accepting place than alot of the girls here give it credit for. I go out every single day, in a small town, or a nieghboring city, with NO problems what so ever. I do not pass, but I try to be all the woman I can. The key is being courteous, confident, always being a lady, and being assertive (modern women don't tolerate being pushed around.)-Celeste

Lets see...6'1"...large hands...big feet and linebacker shoulders. But I go out Fem away and enjoy myself..."passing"...thats for the young who can.

On Hiatus
    The fact that I have a "male insignia" tattooed on my neck. :P

Just kidding.

I dunno, I try not to think about it anymore >_>
    "None is more cruel and violent than the coward"
    -Italian economist and sociologist Vilfredo Pareto-

Too tall, upper arms too large, hands too large, jaw too square, deep voice, etc.

On the plus side, I have great legs, minimal Adam's apple, nice hazel eyes and a small(ish) nose.

Every GG agonizes about the imperfections they have. None of them give a moment's thought to "passing." They know that they're GGs and present that way confidently. I try to emulate that.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

On Hiatus
    I'm actually going to go with my eyebrows and my chin -- luckily, I can change one of those.

My jaw isn't terrible, but seems terrible in a certain light (i.e. my avatar), so I don't worry about THAT too much.
    "None is more cruel and violent than the coward"
    -Italian economist and sociologist Vilfredo Pareto-

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    I often go to Seattle restaurants on Thursdays with the girls from Emerald City. When the hostess greets me, I usually tell them "I'm looking for a couple of tall girls with big hands and deep voices". They always laugh.

In drab I pass for Bigfoot, any questions?

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    Every GG agonizes about the imperfections they have. None of them give a moment's thought to "passing." They know that they're GGs and present that way confidently. I try to emulate that.
    That is a brilliant observation and so true...my hands are also my least feminine aspect, although I find that a natural-looking manicure or press-on-nails helps to feminize them. You're so lucky to be short and pretty, accentuate the positive as the old song goes!

My arms are the thing. I can compensate with longer sleeves, big bracelets, and nice fingernails. Everything else is as good as I could ask for. I guess.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Not many Hon but, then again, I don't care about "passing" anyway. I just go out to have fun socializing and dancing and have no other agenda really.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

The non-GG next door.... Candice Mae's Avatar
    My hands, at work and my hobbies they really take a lot of abuse. I would also say my legs I built them up for hockey when I was younger, still look like tree trunks to me.

I'm really not a good judge, but I know that I am way less passable than I would like to be. My Adam's apple is small, my hands are not that large, maybe my jaw structure gives me away.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Everything about my eyes.

I would have to say my hands, and height, if i could get a good coverup on my face it would help, and the worst thing is my adam apple, owell what a girl to do, hugs,
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

Broad shoulders and I have a Tom Arnold big head.
    I think I feel more like Natalie than I do Kat. I think from this point I will go by Natalie.

Part of a recently ended relationship where a reason why it ended was my crossdressing.

Height mainly, 6'5" tall in my bare feet. My feet are a bit big for my height, but if I was 5'6" and everything else shrank in scale, they'd be acceptable, if still a bit large for my height. My hands are actually small for my size, no problem there. I'm somewhat challenged in the scalp hair department too, always had a high hairline, and now it's going on top. Jawline could be more feminine too, but it's not too bad. Back when I went out a lot, I often passed if I was sitting, and even on occasion when I was standing/walking, and I've been mistaken for female a few times even when dressed totally as a man, so I feel that if I could shrink a foot or so, I'd be passable in most situations.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

The "widow's peak" is a dead giveaway, but I hate wigs. My hands aren't huge, but my fingers are thick, and I'm constantly breaking fingernails.

Crazy thick eyebrows, quite tall and obviously the voice.

But then again, very few GG's are perfectly happy with all their features...confidence is more important that appearance alone, IMHO

Platinum Member
    Probably the biggest thing would be being born a male.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Gave up "passing" long ago....Now it is just me time.....I love being me....

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    I have yet attempted to pass my way into the real world. But I think besides hands, I would have to say my insecurity would give me away. I have never been a very confident person. So that is the first thing I would have to work on.
    Erica

I have giant shoulders and back because I lift. I also have really muscular legs but with nylons they actually look really good.