Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What physical attribute or yours makes passing difficult?

probably that it looks like I put on my makeup with my two left feet!
    regent,

I would say my face. The rest of me does not look that bad dressed up. I really do have a couple of dresses, that I will wear once in a while.

I like the honest answers and also the humor. My back and deltoid muscles are also rather big and muscular looking even though I don't do body building exercises. The upper arms look better covered too.

I don't mind my hands, I'm skinny and no muscles even though I did sport in my teens. I have wasp waist naturally so I am okay in that sense. What I hate the most, and I really hate it, is my chin. Its not like its very big, its just the shape, its not round enough its flat on the tip. I hate it. First thing I'll modify when I get the money for sure.

I'm not saying I don't have manly characteristics but I minimize them by my approach to things. While my hands(and feet) are small(or so I'm told) for a guy, I still make my movements "talk" for me. I use enhancers for hips and breasts when I go out but as I said my approach and body language enhance my female presentation. Also using slightly larger blouses and dresses to minimize broader shoulders, etc. In any case, when I move and dance, it definitely does not scream out "guy" to others.That realization would only come on much closer inspection.It is an art of illusion after all.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Probably my jaw line.
    5'8" 140 lbs, narrow shoulders, no adams apple to speak of, slim body line, hairless legs and good cleavage is all I have to work on.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I've always had a big problem with my nose. But my face in general seems to be masculinizing as I get older, even though I'm getting better at feminizing. Genetics will win the battle unfortunately.

Lets see, Other then my face, My beer belly, Broad shoulders, Hairy arms ect.
    I just look like a guy, good thing I don't go out or try to pass. I would be a huge failure.

But a good test for a make over artist. If they could make me look pretty
    they can do anything.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

The lack of an hour glass figure makes passing difficult.
    We do not need discipline to be kind, just an open heart.

It would have to be my Adam's Apple.

I have a huge upper body due to walking on crutches for over 30yrs. Large hands and arms with giant shoulders are not very lady like. No passing for me, so I say in the house.:-)
    Cary

I am lucky that most of my physical attributes are not particularly masculine. I have a big head (no jokes please) so to compensate I always wear a wig with a fringe to cover the forehead.

Maria

My butt-----------I don't have one, would desperatly like a female bottom.........................Debra

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrosia View Post
    The lack of an hour glass figure makes passing difficult.
    I'm guessing that around 70% of the female population of the US feel the same way! You're in good company.

Passing problem

For me at 6'/2' it is my height.

I would have to say my voice.

My upper body and face. Deep voice doesn't help either.

I've gotten pretty good at dressing for my body type and the hip pads help alot, I don't have a visiable adam's apple and my face looks like my mother's. On the other hand I am 6'1" 230lbs, I just remind myself that there are big girls out there.

Quote Originally Posted by tgirlceleste View Post
    Every time you come home, if you haven't been burned at the stake by angry villiagers, you've done fine. Short of Thai girls, not many pass any serious scrutiny. That being said...The world is a MUCH more accepting place than alot of the girls here give it credit for. I go out every single day, in a small town, or a nieghboring city, with NO problems what so ever. I do not pass, but I try to be all the woman I can. The key is being courteous, confident, always being a lady, and being assertive (modern women don't tolerate being pushed around.)-Celeste
    I am out all the time and Celeste sums it up quite well as I see it.I make new friends in the mainstream world regularly ,as a "T something".More and more GGs find it cool to have a "T" as a friend,regardless of our imperfections...
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

My facial features, nose is big and so are ears.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Allesha

Quote Originally Posted by AltairaMorbius View Post
    In drab I pass for Bigfoot, any questions?
    +1. Sure, I know there are probably female sasquatches out there, but that's not what I'm really wanting to look like either.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

During my last visit to wallyworld, I too must say that most of the GGs and GMs don't 'pass' for the mainstream media version of their own gender. Then there's the Big Ang. I sweat I had to look her up to see if she was GG or GM. Big head, hair style not age appropriate, ginormus breasts, thick neck, lips out of proportion with her face, nose that doesn't fit her face and a really deep voice. I'm thinking she gets "sir'd" now and then.

With that being said, I do the best I can with what I've got, try to look good and then head on out the door. No, I'm not the perfect size, shape, etc that the media says a lady of my age should look like, but then most of the world isn't. So just do your best, I mean come on people, flip flops and sweats is not what you wear to the store, and head on out. 95% of the time, most people don't care. That's how it works when you have the IDC 'tude... with style that is....

Renne.....

Avatar: not me (I wish!) racquelr's Avatar
    For me, I'd have to go with my face, especially my nose.
    I actually have hips/butt/legs that are more feminine than masculine.

Geez, where to begin? Jawline, nose, eyebrows, VOICE, hands, upper arms... But I really try to do just as Eryn so expertly put below.

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post

Every GG agonizes about the imperfections they have. None of them give a moment's thought to "passing." They know that they're GGs and present that way confidently. I try to emulate that.
    Some of the giveaways can be disguised like sweaters or jackets to cover the big arms, speaking softly, or practicing makeup. But the best things I've noticed to cover up whatever you think the flaws might be are a nice big smile and a great attitude. Good luck all!

-Bree

i got one of thos voices to soft for a guy to deep for a girl..............just cant win