Thread: Feeling different about myself

Feeling different about myself

Since i have joined this forum i have changed a little in the way i feel about myself and i am paying more attention to myself, such as i am looking after my nails, bathing longer taking more time to make myself feel better, looking after my skin more, shaving closer, paying more attention to the mirror, and i am wondering if joining the forum makes it easier or breaks some of the bonds that hold me, or maybe made just more aware ? i am not changing my life but just the little things that i enjoy doing i am doing more, which is making my happier, and just wondering if anyone else has had the same result as i have since joining this forum or being more open ?

I think what happens to you by being a member is you get more accepting of who you are because of reading about and talking to all the other girls like us.
    You feel more normal and accepting of the girl in you and treat Naomi better.

There is an important side to this forum and that is helping all of us to be more accepting of who we are.

Are you happier now?
    Last edited by suzy1; 02-24-2013 at 04:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by suzy1 View Post
    I think what happens to you by being a member is you get more excepting of who you are because of reading about and talking to all the other girls like us.

There is an important side to this forum and that is helping all of us to be more excepting of who we are.

Are you happier now?
    Suzy is right on the mark. Since I have joined here and started participating I have felt so much more at peace with myself and enjoy who I am far more than I ever have. I've also made some changes, like shaving my arms, working out, tanning and many new clothes and wig purchases. The pink fog has found me and I am enjoying it and feeling good about myself.

I am also feeling like coming out to a few people like my mom because my fears are evaporating day by day. Love this place.

Cheers,

Kalists

I'm a TGirl, yes it's true! I'm a TGirl, through and through.
    I love nylons and high heels, mini-skirts and shopping deals!
    I don't care what others say, life's too short, it's time to play.
    I'm a TGirl, yes it's true! I'm a TGirl, how 'bout you?

Hi,

For many of us women we are more awere of our selfs of cause this goes back to my youth, it was not so much the clothes as such though was a part of it , being in uniform millitry was a good training ground look after your feet body & genarel apperance as well yet even before that i was allways tidy & hated being messy, & being clean, my hands were importaint,

That does not say i did not get dirty i did because of the work i did,
    To day is no different i like my clothes to be clean & look after myself ,I know of many men who were not so as i was , though some can scrub up pretty good when they wont to.

With forums like this i get the impression most will look after them selfs far better now because of dressing so they wont to look smart & smell nice not like a few guy's on our job's , being made awere of how different it is , you look after one's self does change the attitudes of how men see them self's so yes its a good thing & i know most women like it as well ,

I come with a building background so did see a lot & i could tell a few story's,

You could say im a bit fussy .

...noeleena...

i take the time, usually, to primp more too. in addition to watching what i eat, shaving, bathing habits, and even mani/pedis; i've taken to using feminine lotions, soaps, and even deodorant in my daily routines.
    when in doubt, smile

Yes, I've always been neat, but now I really spend a lot more time shaving, showering and getting ready. I'm also using moisturizers on my face and legs. It all makes me feel better and being here it doesn't feel abnormal to talk about it or do it. Hugs Jaymee

Platinum Member
    Hi Naomi, It's great to have so many like minded friends that we can compare notes and help us be better ladies.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

It think that Suzy nailed it pretty good here,

For me the forum has made me feel more comfortable with myself, I have learned that this is
    who I am and have learned tio accept it. I like dressing up in fine womens clothes and that
    is OK. I am not hurting anyone, and this forum has allowed me to get to my happy place.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Quote Originally Posted by suzy1 View Post
    I think what happens to you by being a member is you get more accepting of who you are because of reading about and talking to all the other girls like us.

There is an important side to this forum and that is helping all of us to be more accepting of who we are.

Are you happier now?
    yes i am much happier, it shows at home also, well it does for me anyhow, i think also not only am i happier about myself i look upon women alot different now, because i accept there is alot of girl in me, i kinda observe more, look how they style there hair etc. so its opened myself up a bit more and also to others because i have been accepted here. which seems strange now i think on it, accepted, thats pretty much the big thing with people being accepted, if only the world was a nicer place
    Last edited by Naomi Newman; 02-24-2013 at 08:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Naomi Newman View Post
    Since i have joined this forum i have changed a little in the way i feel about myself and i am paying more attention to myself, such as i am looking after my nails, bathing longer taking more time to make myself feel better, looking after my skin more, shaving closer, paying more attention to the mirror, and i am wondering if joining the forum makes it easier or breaks some of the bonds that hold me, or maybe made just more aware
    I think both things -- the forum and the grooming attention -- stem from a better acceptance of yourself. You joined the forum because you were ready to admit something to yourself, or to others; and you take better care of yourself because you're happier with yourself now that you've accepted and admitted.

I've experienced a similar transformation in how I care for myself. For years, "shampoo" was a bar of soap, "haircut" meant dicing every hair on my head down to half an inch, "lotion" was something I only needed when I had a rash, and "skin care" meant not staying out in the sun too long. Now, I spend a lot more time tending to my body because I finally care about how I look. The time is worth it.
    Ali Edwards

Transgender Science ~ Blogging with WrodPress ~ Tweeting on Twitter

"I am half-sick of shadows," said / The Lady of Shalott.

Not since joining the forum, but certainly since I came out to my wife and found her completely accepting and helpful.
    I most assuredly take better care of myself. I eat better and watch my weight, I take better care of my skin, I exercise more and I also take much better care of my wardrobe.
    A side benefit is that I take much better care of my wife as well and am much more helpful around the house...you know, women's work and all that...lol
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

When I tried to live my life as a man I really did not take care of my body. Yes I did keep clean but that was about it. I overate, wore clothes that were...well just clothes. I cut my hair maybe once every six months.

Since embracing my female side I take a lot of care. I exfoliate, use nice body washes, epillate almost my entire body, use lotions, pluck my lip and eyebrows, and pay attention to how I look even in man mode.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

IMHO it goes back to the very basics (think childhood).. Girls are taught to care about their appearance way more than boys. Think about diet; girls want to "look good" to attract a mate while boys are considered "growing boys" . Girls have known that moisturizers are a good idea to aid/protect their skin (which is neither masculine nor feminine). I could go on, but on the age spectrum you don't see many women with a "beer gut" . Part of what happens is that you learn to care about yourself.....period.

Diane

I like to think that this forum can help one to raise their esteem about themselves.
    So many feel rejected and dejected it is nice to help.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I just Love being a Gurl! bobbimo's Avatar
    Naomi, thats exactly right.
    in my past life it took me five minutes to go from sleep to heading out the door!
    When I first came out to my wife, weight loss was high on my agenda so that I could fit into all those very pretty dresses. I lost about 30 lbs and was ecstatic about how I looked. Loved it. Discovered that I could smile too!.
    Now, even if I am in boy mode I still spend a lot more time 'primping'. pluck a few hairs, use skin care products, buy better shampoo and conditioners.
    And you are right about this forum too.
    If there is anything you are worried about or want to explore, there are a million girls out here to help and build up your confidence too.
    Bobbi
    Aint nothin gonna happen that aint supposed too!

Hi,Naomi. It's the same with me. The woman inside me has wanted to come out for years,but I fought her and denied her because I thought I had to. I just recently joined the forum myself. Since then I feel accepted and have come to accept and love the woman I've become. And,yes,I find I take much better care of myself.