Thread: Wig-fitting on Wed...a little nervous.

Wig-fitting on Wed...a little nervous.

I am going for a fitting at a wig store in two days...I will get up about 7am with two hours to transform. My wife and I are both going about 30 mins away in broad daylight!!! I'm a little nervous to say the least but I am going to take extra time with my make-up and will cover my eye brows and replace them with feminine arches. I will follow this with some pretty sunglasses...I hope no one sees us...he he...

Wish me strength,

Miss Jessica

Don't worry, they probably have many customers like us. I go to a wig shop/ boutique in a college town. The ladies are all wonderful and very helpful. I've bought several wigs there, and when I walk in, they greet me by name. It should be a good experience.

Leah
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Going to a wig store? Dressed? You're WAY braver than I, Jessica!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Just go and have fun........damn the torpedoes, full speed ahead! Relax, find one that expresses how you see yourself, or wish to see yourself. I am silver haired now, but was a natural brunette growing up. I went with a brunette wig of the style that I most admired on GGs and it worked pretty well for me. Good luck.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Follow me on Facebook
    http://facebook.com/ceri4certain

you have your wife going with??...piece of cake

I'm sooooo jealous...in a good way!! Look forward to hear how it went...oh the possibilities with wigs...

Trust me Jessica, this is the best way for buying your perfect wig. This is the only way I buy mine. Every time I go it turns into another great experience!

Babette
    Someone else's imagination is a terrible thing to waste.

Sounds like a lot of fun to me. There is nothing to be nervous about have a great time. I was wondering how do you cover your eyebrows thought that sounds like a good idea

A vast majority of wig shop owners are completely aware and oftentimes quite happy and helpful with the trans community...dressed or in drab. Have fun.

I wish you well for your first time wig fitting.
    They get easier after this.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

The only way to get a good wig and it's fun - I had a Lady Gaga moment last Saturday in the wig shop - not the best time to buy, but the blond is so crazy cute.
    Enjoy

Don't worry, Jessica, it will be a great experience. Have fun!

Carol
    My name is Carol.

Try on every wig in the shop... it will be a blast! I've done it in male mode and they were accepting saying males get female wigs all the time...rock bands, plays, tv show... if you are going dressed, even better.
    Chickie

Southern California - San Gabriel Valley - Covina
    Congrats on your decision to go in full makeup. When shopping for a wig, the all around BEST way to do It is in person AND your fem face on. I've gone to wig years ago in boy mode and vs now going with my makeup on. It is almost impossible to pick the right wig without makeup! They all look so great in the pictures and on the mannequin heads. But only a handful actually look good on once you start tyring them on. Once you finally sit down and the first goes on, you'll be totally fine. And make sure you open to trying different styles! You made an AWESOME first step in getting all made up, so be sure to take total advantage while you are there. It's going to be fun for you! Way to go girl!

Good luck...you will love the experience.
    There's nothing like being fitted for something like a wig, especially since you are going dressed.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Hello All,

Got to dress up this morning and was at a wig store in the next town over at 10 AM! I was so nervous that my wife had to drive and she even offered to stop and get me a airplane bottle of bourbon...I declined. The owner of the shop was extremely friendly and she didn't even blink when my wife and I walked in. She fitted me with about five wigs and after much deliberation, I decided on just one.

I have to admit that I looked the best I ever have as I walked out! My wife and the owner both seconded this! I almost forget that it was me looking back as I checked the passenger side vanity mirror on the way home. What an experience going out for the first time fully dressed in the daytime

Miss Jessica

Well, we said it would be great! Glad you had a good experience and hope to see you in the photo gallery soon!

Leah
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.

wow, you are lucky and I bet you look amazing
    I am an Artist working in all Mediums including Sexy

Jessica,

I'm so glad it worked well for you and your wife. My wife did almost exactly the same thing for me and I was on Cloud Nine for the longest time. What a feeling. I hope you get to enjoy your new hair often and get to have may more wonderful experiences in the future.

-Bree