Thread: Treat you like a girl while drab?

Come and talk with me ;) Briana90802's Avatar

Treat you like a girl while drab?

Has any one else had this happen? At work I find that girls talk to me like I'm a girl. They talk About their boyfriends, diets, their hair, their birth control, their periods, their girlie things and everything else that goes along with it. Of course i know why they talk to me about these things but they seem puzzled by it. And the worst part is is that I can't tell them why they talk to me this way.

Anyone else have this problem?
    Links must comply with our rules
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I don't do drab, but my GG friends sometimes forget that I'm not a good advisor on matters of yeast infections, and hot flashes. I'm flattered that they ask, and think of me as one of them, but the maxi pad in my purse is just decorative.-Celeste

I've had it happen, but also with guys too...people seem to tell me all kinds of stuff I don't really want to know... I'm just a good listener and I'm pretty quiet when I can't think of anything to say....and by default I get included and I'm too nice to object. Try adding some input and if you do it subtle enough no one will miss a beat, but too much and they will suddenly realize you are not 'supposed' to know about the subject.
    Chickie

Banned Read only
    Well **** me sideways. I always had a problem making friends with women, getting them to tell me their issues, instead of dating me. This was so frustrating. I'd never thought about it until this thread - seriously - but now that you say this, well ****, why didn't this ever occur to me? My goodness.

Yeah, Briana, I absolutely believe I've had this problem. Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Briana90802 View Post
    Anyone else have this problem?
    All my life. But I wouldn't call it a "problem."

- Diane

I think it is because you are there, have a less aggressive attitude and fit into their conversational life better than others.
    I have the same problem and I feel honoured that the girls confide in me.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Women do tend to confide in me more than other guys. Their intuition must guide them, even if it's not openly obvious who I am.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

It is not a problem! Enjoy your acceptance of being a good person to talk with!
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Quote Originally Posted by PaulaQ View Post
    Well **** me sideways. I always had a problem making friends with women, getting them to tell me their issues, instead of dating me. This was so frustrating. I'd never thought about it until this thread - seriously - but now that you say this, well ****, why didn't this ever occur to me? My goodness.

Yeah, Briana, I absolutely believe I've had this problem. Wow.
    Glad to year that I'm not alone.

Btw, I don't consider it a problem that they talk to me like I'm a girl, the problem lies in that I am unable to tell them why. "Hey, the reason you can talk to me so openly is because I'd love to be just like you and dress like you and etc... Because I love all things femme and wish I could tell you." *slap
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Has any one else had this happen? At work I find that girls talk to me like I'm a girl. They talk About their boyfriends, diets, their hair, their birth control, their periods, their girlie things and everything else that goes along with it. Of course i know why they talk to me about these things but they seem puzzled by it. And the worst part is is that I can't tell them why they talk to me this way. Anyone else have this problem?
    Never thought of it as a problem; I've been in female occupations for so long, it's just part of natural conversation. But no, they might not have any clue about you're crossdressing, you just might seem like a friendly guy they can bounce ideas off of. I've lived with that for what, 40 years now, and it's hard sometimes to keep from blurting out stuff about my wanting to wear girl stuff or even want to be a girl sometimes.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Quote Originally Posted by rogina garter View Post
    It is not a problem! Enjoy your acceptance of being a good person to talk with!
    I agree. I have some "girlfriends" at work and we talk about lots of things. I think a big part of it is that (stereotyping here) unlike a typical guy, I LISTEN to what they have to say.

Enjoy it!

Debby
    Debby

All my life I've heard, " . . . . you're just like one of us girls," from the ladies. They tell me it's because I appear to have a strong intuition and I seem to really listen. My wife calls the ladies at the office my "peeps" because we go on shopping trips together. So, yes, it's happened and I think it's good to be see as a good listener.

Banned Read only

Btw, I don't consider it a problem that they talk to me like I'm a girl, the problem lies in that I am unable to tell them why. "Hey, the reason you can talk to me so openly is because I'd love to be just like you and dress like you and etc... Because I love all things femme and wish I could tell you." *slap
    My mind is still blown by this realization! *brain explodes* Sorry.

At the time, I was lonely and frustrated. My CD desires were BURIED. The male part of my personality is really structured and orderly - like an apple store. But an angry apple store - imagine if apple made and iGun, what the stores that sold iGuns would be like. That's what it's like in here. Paula was crated up in a box that said "return, defective" in the back room of the store. I was sure I had this locked down.

But I guess they could see something in me that I couldn't. I had no trouble making friends with girls. I had tons of female friends. It was so incredibly frustrating to try to date someone and have them talk about their boyfriend troubles instead. I'm a good listener, and I cared, but I'll be honest, I cried a lot on the way home in frustration! In the end though, I've always liked having female friends. I still do - and hey, turns out I want to be one some of the time. Go figure.

I was never as honest with myself at your age - it's taken me 40 years to be honest with myself. I respect you a lot for this thread!

Why can't you just tell them? I always tell them but they can usually see that I'm a feminine male. The purse, capri pants, women's sandals and red toenails let them know that I'm playing for the girls team.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

The girls do the same to me also. I enjoy it and and glad to be included in the conversations,even if I can't relate to some of the topics. I would love to tell them that I am TS but that just would fly at this time.
    Sara

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie001 View Post
    Why can't you just tell them? I always tell them but they can usually see that I'm a feminine male. The purse, capri pants, women's sandals and red toenails let them know that I'm playing for the girls team.
    If only? I work as a server/waiter. Lots of males there. Besides there's a lot of drama there because they're all younger than me. I think one or two may already know, I mean what guy talks about their eyebrows and false lashes? Or knows more about bra fitting than a girl?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Wait, you talk about bra fitting and eyebrows? Yeah, I would say they most definitely know. What guy would know about bra fitting unless he's either a crossdresser or has a girlfriend/wife?
    I'm a guy who likes girls, I just like a little more about them than the average guy.