Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What’s your excuse?

There is no "excuse", it simply is. I owe no one an explanation nor am I beholding to anyone.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

There's really no "per say" excuse I would suppose. I've simply always have been drawn toward women, femminity and the trappings of such ~ even as a pre-schooler. I just not only like women, girls, feminity, and all things feminine. I prefer the company of girls and women over men. I've never have been drawn toward masculinity, men, nor any things of such. However having been a child of the fifities, sixties and early seventies raised in the Deep South, (Alabama) and a ultra religious Southern Baptist Father and family ~ I felt the need to validate and prove my masculinity which I did by playing and excelling high school football. I was the defensive linebacker/end/nose guard from Hell that would terriorise, brutually punish quaterbacks and and running backs. My aim wasn't just to tackle them but to hurt them ~ to punish them. It was all an effort to hide my feminine side and to validate my masculineity ~ "Look! I'm not a sissy!"

After graduation from High School I joined the military. Not just the Army, the Navy, nor the Air Force but the United States Marine Corps. I excelled again in the physicallity of it all. Marksmanship, I honed my skills as a Marine. I would have made John Wayne proud! In looking back I was attempting to prove, validate, earn my masculintiy ~ as well as the approval of my Father. Which in hindsight was just a total waste of time effort, energy and time.

Acceptance and validation of one's self worth? Comes from within and not from withoiut.

I'm currently to date 0 for 2 in the long term relationship business ~ but I'm currently engaged to a woman who I told up front that I like, want, desire, need to express myself and my feminity. She said that she's OK with it, but from my internet reserearch I question and doubt her sencerity.

Born this way? I don't know? I've like most of us have researched the subject to ad infienitium?

I'm just tried of trying to find the "reason" that I am who and what I am ~ I just know that I am who and what I am.

At the end of the day? Anyone that's got a problem with it? That's what it is! They're problem!

Banned Read only
    11] I march to my own drummer and have since before first grade. It's always worked well for me.

Probably not really much of an excuse, I guess?

"We have met the enemy and they is us".

I really have no excuse for my cross dressing.
    Oh, I could go on about how I felt as a child or teen. How I never had many friends or how I never really fit into any clique.
    What I will say is that I enjoy writing fictional stories and my wife and I do this together. I had been doing research on this subject for some character background and happily fell back into the pink fog. That's what got me back into cross dressing.
    The side benefits have been wonderful and I am not looking back. My wife and I walk together on this journey and we love each other more deeply every day. The dressing I've been doing in front of her has become normal for us and each step brings us closer.
    What the future holds is anyone's guess? But I do know this, I am a more complete human being and a better person for it.
    Now I just need to improve our budget so I can get more clothing and develop my style more.

Quote Originally Posted by Frédérique View Post
    [COLOR="black"] ..I was burdened with a speech impediment as a child...
    Let me guess..... you never knew when to stop talking. Just kidding, Frederique. You take some ribbing for your lengthy posts, including from me, but at least they are worth reading.

Oh let's see -- I had three older sisters and boys clothes were scarce - lot of girl clothes, Sooooo...............................Debra

I know that you like to write posts that make people think. Personally, I have no 'excuse" and do not think that I need one. I like being here!
    Hugs, Carole

Excuses? OK. let's see...

-I can see over more of the crowd in heels.
    -On the other hand, ballet flats are more comfortable and easier to slip into than tie shoes
    -Only a skirt can show off my freshly shaved (and cute) legs.
    -A push up bra is the only way I know to create cleavage
    -My lips chap easily and the lipstick helps
    -The panties just fit better than tighty whities, and I sit to pee anyway
    -I hate ties, but scarfs are to die for
    -If you want to show off your boots, you need skinny jeans (or a pencil skirt)
    -The wig keeps my head warm
    -I had to get rid of the unibrow anyway, so why not have a nice arch in the eyebrows
    -The corset is merely a posture aid
    Last edited by Ericaxd; 02-27-2013 at 08:21 PM.

Banned Read only
    Here's my list o' excuses I've used over the years:
    1. I was raised mostly by women, I watched them dress when I was really little - I remember stuff from WAY younger than most people do, and it imprinted on me. (lol, there may actually be something to this.)
    2. I spent years hospitalized as a child. All that trauma made me this way!
    3. Because of #2 above, I've always wanted to have nice legs. Women have nice legs - so I guess I wanna be one!
    4. I've always had a thing for legs, hosiery and shoes. What could be better than wearing it myself?
    5. It's just a little kinky fetish, like only wanting to sleep with someone who's wearing heels. Only, uh, I wear the heels...
    6. The devil made me do it! (Pretty sure this is wrong)
    7. Booze made me do it! (lies.)
    8. Drugs made me do it! (also lies)
    9. I was born this way! (I don't actually think so, this happened for me later, although I was still young.)
    10. I'm just curious about what it's like to be a girl.
    11. People picked on me in school, and I created another personality to keep me company.
    12. Sex-change operations were pretty new and pretty rare when I was a kid, and big news. Kids I knew talked about this stuff, as kids will talk about anything they think they aren't supposed to talk about, and I developed an unhealthy fascination with it. (What If *I'M* one?!?!?!!)

I'm sure I have a ton of other rationalizations, but those are the ones that came to mind readily. I can rationalize anything. I have a good reason for that, though, relating to my childhood.

I have no excuses for the way I am running my life. I am what I am.
    We do not need discipline to be kind, just an open heart.

No excuses for me. But I am putting the pieces together as to why. In the end it just feels right.

Excuse? No excuses necessary. I didn't really pick this, I just wound up this way due to an unfortunate series of events. And, I've learned that I'm going to have to live with being a crossdresser/TG/whatever. So, why not here? It's really the only place where most other people, if not understand each other, at least accept that we're kind of dealing with the same thing.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Banned Read only
    Lol! I have no excuse.

I think I inherited it from my dad who dressed he never knew I knew.
    Angie

I won't make excuses for Who I am. I was born with this feminine aspect of my being and now that I have come to terms with it and myself I refuse to make an excuse about it. I'm proud of the person I am in all situations.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Frédérique
    The rest is HISTORY!!!
    Make that HERSTORY

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott
    Let me guess..... you never knew when to stop talking.
    Quite the opposite. Fear of speaking painted me into a corner, and the therapists tried to extricate me. I resisted, and I withdrew to my corner. This happened, and it was highly traumatic. Unfortunately, every aspect of life, even the urge to crossdress, demands a certain amount of contact with others. Over time, I’ve learned to live with my disability, but it did give rise to my crossdressing – it set me apart from others, so I stayed there, set up shop, and imagined myself as a girl. Since I made tasty lemonade from the lemons I inherited, I should wear pretty yellow dresses all the time, don't you think?

The Devil makes me do it.

It looks like the word reason would get more results than excuse lol. But I took the word excuse to be in jest. Was it things that happened in my childhood or was I born this way? I'm not sure.

I didn't play with my sister's dolls but I was attracted to her clothes. Panties were the first attraction that became a fetish. Throughout my child/adult development - every time I tried on another garment I got excited. There were also a few wigs to try on as a young adult that changed the way I looked at myself (in the mirror that is). That's my excuse or reason in a nut shell.

Banned Read only
    I yam who I yam.....my "excuse" was because I like how it feels when I'm dressed. I guess it got started with how pantyhose felt on my legs when I was a kid. From there, I worked it's way in to wearing skirts and heels while driving home from work. From there it moved in to wearing dresses, bras, panties, etc. The final stage was buying wigs and now makeup. The circle of life is complete I guess

Not really excuses, but anyways . . .

I was always shy and quiet, more at home reading or drawing than playing sports

I was the target of bullies from the first day of school on

There was always something 'special' about female clothing and footwear. The closest I have ever come to explaining it is that females have such a variety of clothing to choose from . . . so many styles, colors, and fabrics that it just boggles the mind sometimes