Thread: Worries about going to C/D and trans meeting.... Needing some advice

Worries about going to C/D and trans meeting.... Needing some advice

It has been a while since I have posted here. Been meaning to get more active but haven't found time to hardly do anything. Since last post many things have changed for me and plan on making another post about these changes.

Right now I am facing something that is coming up this weekend. I live in Rural Kentucky and about 2 hours away in Lexington there is monthly meetings for cross dressers, transgender, etc etc. Seems to be very professional and in a good setting. They have meetings then go out on the town together.

I talked to my fiancé about going (she fully supports me with being a cross dresser). She agreed and thought it was a good idea. We might get to finally meet some like minded people within this area (other than each other we have no friends. We don't fit in at all here. Remember two hours country drive from Lexington). They have once a month meetings so I checked calendar yesterday and it is THIS Saturday night.

I am really nervous about going... I don't plan on dressing up for the event though wish had courage to do so. I never have talked to anyone other than my fiancé about my cross dressing and I don't even know how I would do with someone fully dressed with me knowing they are in same boat as I am. I fear the vast majority will be going through transitioning something I really don't relate to as I am pretty happy being a guy in a dress (making me odd person out). I would love to hear/learn about it but I am bit afraid I am going to be only person there who is happy as a guy nice a dress.

I also worry that I am going to feel a bit of culture shock personally. I have only in my life only seen one other cross dresser. Even though I am a cross dresser it will be different being around so many at once.

While my fiancé is accepting of all this it is also new to her too. She wants to come along and I want her to come along. I am afraid though this could have negative consequences within our relationship in terms of my personal (now almost 24/7) cross dressing. While she obviously does accept me to the extreme she has things I am yet to try that she said she may not like. A "I'll have to see it to actually see how I feel about this but try it so I can see" mindset.

The few reservations she had about the couple of things I have tried she ended up being fine with. Think only two left on her list left is a wig and shaving my legs. I already shave my feet and ankles so don't think she will care when finally do shave my legs. Also I don't need a wig since got nice long hair anyway to work with (and she helps me fix it up lol). I am worried though that this may somehow set up more restrictions and that is something I would like as few as possible of (as I am sure we all would like to enjoy). I feel this could be completely unfounded fear though.

So wondering if anyone has any advice/experience or anything that might have been in my position. I am thinking I "should" go and like I said a lot of positives may come out of it. Then again I am afraid I am going to just sit there like an idiot saying nothing. I also could wait a month and prepare myself. These meetings have been going on for I know for years so they aren't going anywhere. I figure I'll be as nervous though in a month about it as I am now...

So not sure what I should do... Any suggestions?

I assume you are talking about the TransKy group? They are really nice and very accepting. I have been to a number of their meetings (will not make this one cuz of family stuff). Some of the girls change at the meeting place, then change back before the leave. They typically go to a nicer chain restaurant which has been accepting every time I have been there.

I hope you are able to go to the meeting. You will have a ball. If you have any questions you can PM me.

Robyn

Quote Originally Posted by Robynts View Post
    I assume you are talking about the TransKy group? They are really nice and very accepting. I have been to a number of their meetings (will not make this one cuz of family stuff). Some of the girls change at the meeting place, then change back before the leave. They typically go to a nicer chain restaurant which has been accepting every time I have been there.

I hope you are able to go to the meeting. You will have a ball. If you have any questions you can PM me.

Robyn
    Either perfect timing or small world eh! I am indeed going to send you a PM. I want to go but as you can tell by my post I am worried O.o

Put on some big girl panties and go out and meet others! Tell us how it went afterwards...
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

How many lives to we have? one?
    What's it the meaning of this life? experiance, learn and grow?

My wife tell me to wax my legs only in winter and I try not to wear the wig in front of her or the kids more than once a week.

OK I would recommend going, probably in normal clothes, see if the scene works for you, if it does then dress up for the next one, and if it's not your scene leave early.

Either way, take your SO out for dinner on the way home and buy her some flowers and remind her how much you love her.

I went to my first meeting here in Florida last September with a fine group in Orlando. I was very nervous about the thing. I mean really, really nervous. I was alone so I had no SO to support me. I did get the courage up and rented a room at the hotel very close to the meeting room. I went there and changed and walked the 50 yards or so to the meeting room, where people saw me dressed for the first time in my life.

It was wonderful! It was one of the best times I have ever had in my life. I joined this group, and go every month now. I go out with them to places to eat, and shopping too. I liked it so much I joined another group closer to home for me and now go to a meeting every two weeks. It is scary at first just because you are deep in the closet, but once you are around the other girls and see that they are just people, normal people, who have an interest you can share, you will start to get a lot more comfortable. I highly recommend going, and going dressed if possible because if you go in drab you will wish you had dressed. It is nice to be accepted and these groups will accept you.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

If you are able, get a motel room and change before the meeting. I do this for our meetings and Girls' Nights Out. I wasn't sure what to expect at my first meeting, but all the girls were wonderful. I had such a good time then, that the meetings/GNO's are now an important part of my life. As the saying goes, "Try it; you'll like it!"

As for the room, I stay over and hit the malls the next day, en femme, of course!

Leah
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.

Thanks everyone for the replies I appreciate it!

I just actually read this and the replies to my fiance (someday she might join the forum who knows!) before posting this and I think we are going to give it a shot. It sounds like it could be fun, and it is true you only live once. Regardless how it goes I suppose it will go down as a life experience at the very least

I just hope my fiance isn't the only one there that is a S/O or some form of support. I don't want her to feel the odd person out.

I will make sure give an update on how things go. Right now we plan on only attending the meeting and seeing how that goes then perhaps attending after meeting dinner the next month. Small steps I guess you could say.

Hope all goes well

Good Luck! I think you'll do just fine. I actually went to my very first meeting here locally last Saturday. It was also my first time in public dressed as me as well. Everyone there was very welcoming and I felt very comfortable being there. Finally being outside of my home as me, what increasingly feels like the real me, was an amazing feeling too!

Enjoy yourself, everything will be fine!

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    You could consider taking clothes with you, and then if you feel comfortable, changing into them.

You will be fine CD-Blue. And your GF also. That has been my experience.
    My suggestion is to take a suitcase with a few essential items. That way, if you are there for a few minutes and decide you are comfortable with it--change clothes in a borrowed room or get your own room. If not sure--at least you have the option.
    To save time you could underdress, of course. Pantyhose under your boy clothes small bra under your shirt and no forms--until you decide to insert the silicone. And then...

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I'll be there @ yes as Robyn said we are a nice bunch.

I think its a good idea to go in drab the first time, just for your comfort. You may even take a bag to change into once you get there if you feel inclined. Having your fiance with I believe will be a good thing for both of you. I'm sure you will see some who look incredible, and some who don't. You will most likely meet those who are in various stages of transition, and others like you (and me) who have no desire to transition or do HRT. I think it will surprise you how comfortable you become and how quickly, and also how your fiance will see people of all stages and backgrounds and realize that not everyone wants to transition, many are happy as they are, like you. It should be reassuring for both of you, not to mention going out will be a ton of fun. Go for it. I've never had a bad experience meeting others, and an established group setting is the best way to do it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Follow me on Facebook
    http://facebook.com/ceri4certain

Banned Spammer
    Ceri is right on all counts.
    Its up to you as how you wish to be dressed I went dressed the first time and I was glad I did it.
    Some are transitioning and some are CD's, lots are younger couples learning to deal with it.
    We have a few trans men and one mother and her MtF trans daughter.All are really sweet people.
    Some come in drab and its OK.We are a no pressure group just there to help each other out.

Quick update:

I just took trip to Walmart with my fiance. After talking about it we are for sure going to be going. At her suggestion, we picked up some hair dye, nail polish, and some other goodies. We plan on attending completely matching each other than I am about a foot and a half taller than her! I find it pretty cute and hopefully going to have a good time!

Now that my friends is some support! <lucky guy>

Banned Spammer
    She sounds great lucky you!!

I would tell you to go and to do so dressed so you can have the experience we all dream of when we first realize our "dream" of going out and meeting others.
    The other thing I would suggest is that you and your gf talk. Remember, if this is a CD,TS meeting you will find others from all over the spectrum of our world. Not everyone will look like you, dress like you, act like you. That being said you both may find that they are more like you in other ways than you ever thought. My wife found that "they were just regular people" when we first went.
    Yes it is a bit of a culture shock at first, but you will most likely find yourself adapting and relaxing into the group rather easily. It was more of a relief to me when I did it the first time, not estrangement. No one besides my wife had ever seen me dressed and it was so "normal" being with others who felt like me for the first time in my life. There was an instant "sisterhood" feeling and I loved knowing for certain that at last I was not alone.

Go, enjoy yourself, shave those legs and spread your wings. If you hesitate then you may never do it. There is no reason to wait another month "to prepare yourself". You will talk, you will share, you will know yourself even more.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Banned Spammer
    Cheryl said it well I agree come dressed if you can you will be amazed what a great feeling it is to be accepted and be with people just like you.
    It truly helped me to open up and realize I was not alone.
    Above all we respect each other and have a good time.
    Our group is very much like chatting here we help each other.

I have seen no negative replies here yet.
    Yes, yes, go dressed, if you are not comfortable wear your trousers, see what others wear and go appropriately dressed next time.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

You should do what is comfortable to you. Having your girlfriend is more than I can say very helpfull. I just went to one two weeks ago all by myself. Maybe I'm dumb but I was not nervous at all. I didn't know anyone but by the end of the night I had made a couple of new friends.Not sure of the group you are meeting up with but i think if go dressed you will have a real good time. Wish you luck and enjoy yourself.
    Life is too short not to be happy!