Thread: Guilt....

Banned Read only

Guilt....

I look back and feel guilty about wearing mom's things, although only a couple of items and a tiny bit of make-up.

Do you feel guilty about something and if so, what?

Guilt? I am married, a CD and love being with men who love CDs. What do I have to be guilty about?

Banned Read only
    if its on any topic, I feel guilty of leaving my first wife for no other reason than leaving my kids. It was a miserable marriage but I love those kids. I just couldn't continue in a lifeless marriage. They are both in their 20's now and my older son still wont talk with me. To make matters worse, I moved to Colorado the minute I could leave the state Fl. I hated the lifestyle in Fl and needed mountains. I miss them every day but not my ex-wife. I've since re-married and had two more kids but I still miss my other babies every day.

As far as guilt for dressing, I got over that years ago. I used to feel guilty that I dressed up to release a sexual urge but these days, I dress because it makes me feel really good and I no longer dress fem for a sexual release but for a way to truly relax and feel good about myself. I believe I look good even though I don't believe I'm passable at all.

I overcame any guilt complexes years ago.
    Life is good these days.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by heathr1 View Post
    I look back and feel guilty about wearing mom's things, although only a couple of items and a tiny bit of make-up.
    Guilt is common in our community, especially for those who are still highly closeted. I used to have guilt about wearing some of my mom's clothes, but then I began to look at it this way: my mother loves me, and when I was growing up she would sacrifice anything to see me happy and healthy. She's the kind of woman who would "give you the shirt off her back" if you needed it. Well, I *did* need the shirt off her back! Or at least the dress in her closet. I don't think she'd begrudge it of me.
    Ali Edwards

Transgender Science ~ Blogging with WrodPress ~ Tweeting on Twitter

"I am half-sick of shadows," said / The Lady of Shalott.

Guilt.
    1. The fact or state of having done wrong or committed an offence.
    2. (Law) responsibility for a criminal or moral offence deserving punishment or a penalty.
    3. Remorse or self-reproach caused by feeling that one is responsible for a wrong or offence.
    4. Archaic sin or crime.

Is CDing covered by any of the descriptions here? Logically the answer has to be no.

We are sometimes our own worst enemies.
    Last edited by suzy1; 02-28-2013 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by suzy1 View Post
    Guilt.
    1. The fact or state of having done wrong or committed an offence.
    2. (Law) responsibility for a criminal or moral offence deserving punishment or a penalty.
    3. Remorse or self-reproach caused by feeling that one is responsible for a wrong or offence.
    4. Archaic sin or crime.

Is CDing covered by any of the descriptions here? Logically the answer has to be no.

We are sometimes our own worst enemies.
    I'm going to play devil's advocate here and point out that definition 3 makes reference to "feeling that one is responsible for a wrong or offence". Feelings are emotions and therefore exempt from application of logic. Thus, CDing may, depending on your feelings, be covered by the description you provide.

And yes, I have felt guilty from time-to-time over my crossdressing. However, I no longer do.

Never felt the guilt of experimenting with mom's clothes when I was young. Don't even feel guilty being a CD'r and having come out of the closet. Guilt isn't the right word. I just feel somewhat frustrated that society doesn't allow and accept everyone for their differences and their preferences in being able to travel their journeys as unique individuals. We all should live and let live.
    Di

...and so you should (about using her makeup)! But, not about having the desire to CD. A lot of people do...figure out a way to enjoy it.
    Chickie

I wish I had bought Microsoft in 1986.

I think guilt is intrinsic to being a CD. We spend the first part of our lives being told what we do is wrong in many things.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Dressing up as a teenager, I honestly hadn't thought about this in years, but after the gratification was done I felt an intense kind of shame/guilt/self loathing and couldn't re-masculate fast enough. I was raised in a religious, military family who, you may be surprised, are ultra conservative, so the climate for a hormonally charged bi-sexual teenage boy was difficult at best. While I'm on the subject, and this one is more light-hearted, as punishment for constant misbehaviour at the local public high school I was sent to an all boys 'rugby' school. That didn't go how my parents had hoped, and with a hint of a smile I feel the slightest guilt, that some footy players (in my experience anyway) have closeted feelings that are only released on the field, an effeminate musician type amongst them is a terrible enabler ;-)
    I guess the more I think about it, the more I have to feel guilty about...
    Sorry teenage me, ur ok the way you are.
    Sorry parents, u did your best but we come from different worlds
    Sorry any straight guys out there lumbered with awkward memories of drunken encounters with me at parties..
    Wow, I need a drink lol

I have pretty much cleared the air with my Mother over things and I do believe we are even.

But one wrong I will never be able to right - our neighbors went away for a few weeks and I was to feed their dog and water the flowers, nothing unusual. However, in order to perform these minor tasks I was given a house key and every chance I got I 'borrowed' a pair of heels from her closet and wore them around the house . . . and outside to water the flowers. The shoes with wider heels were not an issue, but the pairs with slender heels tended to sink into the ground. I thought nothing of this until I was putting a pair of her shoes back and saw that the heels had become all scratched and marked up. Nothing was ever said about it, though I knew that "Belinda' noticed the damage and probably figured out what had happened.

She passed away when i was in my twenties so, for what it is worth, I am sorry '2nd Mom'.

Just can't help myself! Brenda456's Avatar
    Guilt is a way of life. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Brenda456 View Post
    Guilt is a way of life. . .
    Don't be silly. Guilt is a self induced emotion. You can lose it as fast as gain it.

Over the years I have more things I regret and feel guilty about than I care to think about,but dressing isn't one of them.I never did.The only thing I regret is supressing her for so long and not doing it sooner.If it isn't causing trouble at home,then it isn't hurting anyone.No need for guilt.Just enjoy,girl. Barbara

Banned Read only
    Screw guilt.

It's not helpful.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Yes, I've got enuff guilt to pass around to all those that have rid themselves of it! But, I AM getting better!

I used to ALWAYS be guilt ridden after I finished my dressing sessions with a happy ending. I seem to have gotten rid of that feeling. Now, I feel guilty as soon as I BEGIN to dress! That IS an improvement, rite?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I love being the girl I am. I have absolutely no guilt for trying on her things.. it was a phase.. all girls go through it.

I used to feel guilty about all that and more until I realized I was only trying to discover and be myself. Once I accepted me the guilt went away.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !