Thread: The anti-purge

The anti-purge

Every so often, I tell myself (I first wrote 'persuade myself,' but that doesn't happen) that I should stop, get rid of everything, and put all this behind me. We know that's impossible.

What I've realized of late is that what I do when I begin thinking that way is buy something new. And it just feels so good and looks so good, I say, "Now why would I stop doing this?" It's who I am, and an outward manifestation of the inner me.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

Platinum Member

Retal Therapy Always Works !!

Hi Erica, It's like I always say, "It's who I am & It's what I do" .

Rule #1. Never purge!!

Rule #2. If you ever feel the need to purge , See rule #1 again.
    Last edited by BLUE ORCHID; 03-01-2013 at 08:36 AM.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Being miserly and a realist, I would never entertain purging.
    Now hoarding....That's different.
    I have all this retro stuff I should put on E Bay but it is so gorgeous I am loath to sell it.
    Retro means stuff I wore years ago. It was modern then.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

"I should stop, get rid of everything, and put all this behind me. We know that's impossible." This is the key to your statement as have purged so many times over the years but do now know it's impossible to stop as it's who I am.

East of Seattle somewhere between the pass and Idaho
    The cure for the urge to purge is a new pair of heels.

I don't think that any one of us has Never had the urge to purge.
    The cure for that is to accept yourself for who you are and revel in the diversity that this brings to you and what it allows you to contribute to others because of the wide range with which you view people.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    If we all purged and quit everytime we "thought" we should there wouldnt be any members left here. The only thing good about purging is a wardrobe update. So if you feel like purging stop at Goodwill on your way to Kohls
    Erica

I have had the "purge urge" but couldn't bring myself to do it. This is who I am and look at that beautiful blouse/skirt/heels. Going to shop just makes me want to dress more.

The hundreds of pounds I've wasted purging in the early years and regretted it - my purging days are long gone.

Maria

OMG, if I could only get back the things I purged in the past. I haven't had "the urge to purge" in quite a while....I'll never give up my things again!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Susan V. Adams

No More

Every time I get the urge to purge I think of my favorite faux blck leather miniskirt I got rid of any say Nevermore!

Traci

I like this idea. My natural ( almost supernatural) cheapness has kept me from purging but I definitely couldn't throw away anything I just bought. (especially if its cute/hot)

Silver Member
    I do purge clothes that need to be gone. Faded tops don't look good on anyone. My wife is on me to do as she and our daughters do and get rid of things that you should never have purchased, worn beyond looking good, no longer fit, don't look good on you, that style is never comming back, and all the other reasons.

I donate them with their clothes to a women's shelter who sells the discards that aren't wearable or saleable as rag scraps. I've been told that some of my things went to the rag ben. At least they got something for them. I'm not someone who runs around in the ragged t-shirt even in guy mode.