Thread: A funny little comment I heard from a GG

Makeup addict!

A funny little comment I heard from a GG

I was hanging out with some friends the other day and my friends says to me that the thing she loves about being tall is she doesn't have to wear heels. She said that they are just a hassle and you can't walk in them that well. Some of the other girls agreed with her. Being a six foot person that loves to put on the stilettos when I'm in a dress, I found that comment to be interesting.

What do you think? Do you find the perspective of GG's fascinating compared to us crossdressers?

Quote Originally Posted by Brittany CD View Post
    What do you think? Do you find the perspective of GG's fascinating compared to us crossdressers?
    I am unsure what your premise is. Based upon your friend's comment, are you making an assumption that tall GG's do not "have" to wear heels, and are grateful that they need not do so? Are you likewise also assuming that shorter GG's "have" to wear heels because they are not tall? If you like wearing heels, that's awesome for you and whoever else enjoys wearing heels!! But I think it is probably due more to personal preference and taste than anything, GG or otherwise . . . .

Makeup addict!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anne2345 View Post
    I am unsure what your premise is. Based upon your friend's comment, are you making an assumption that tall GG's do not "have" to wear heels, and are grateful that they need not do so? Are you likewise also assuming that shorter GG's "have" to wear heels because they are not tall? If you like wearing heels, that's awesome for you and whoever else enjoys wearing heels!! But I think it is probably due more to personal preference and taste than anything, GG or otherwise . . . .
    Not really, but a lot of people on the forum love heels so much but it seems many women aren't as fond

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I've dated a couple over 6' GGs. Both wore flats all the time. Both explained that had image problems back in high school with being taller than their dates/boyfriends. And, it still bothered them!

Altho I was 5' 10" back then, I encouraged them to wear heels because they both looked spectacular to me. I never cared if they were taller. Of course, in high school I was taller than all my dates and girlfriends. Probably why it wasn't an issue for me, but was for them?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I love being kind of short..... 5'6" (167.5 cm) tall actually. The shoe selection at retail is infinitely better than if I was really tall.

I think it's more of a comfort issue. Most people who has spent an extended time in a pair of high heels are relieved to finally give their feet a break and take them off! (notice I said MOST people)
    Transtronaut

You must first find yourself before you can discover your future-

I think we concentrate more on the glamor of dressing where a GG has to experience the practicalities of day to day life.
    I see the glamorous side of heels but they do give your feet a bit of a workout, and that is an understatement.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Ok well i love heels 5 inch or higher, love walking in them wearing them etc.... My wife hates heels and she is only 5 4 they hurt her feet she cant walk in them etc... it is all about preferance and comfort i guess, i found the more you wear them the easier it is. Just my thoughts.. oh yeah i am 5 10 with out heels.

Platinum Member
    I asked my wife. Other than tennis, she wears nothing short of 3 inch heels. She feels they make her legs look better and longer. I can't argue with that!

Most GGs I know that do wear heels put them on just as they leave te house, and take them off 1st. thing home. Other than a few SA's that I see wear heels all day, they seem pretty rare these days. Most GGs really need a reason to wear heels.
    Guys on the other hand, will wear heels because- it's monday...they go so well with my bathrobe....they're not just for breakfast anymore...6 foot 4 just isn't tall enough.
    I wore heels ALL DAY today. I was working, and would have been much more comfortable in flats. Why did I wear them? Because I could-Celeste

I must be more girl than I have ever thought as I put heels on last and take them off as soon as I enter my apartment, usually.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

I find the perception of GGs about heels to be grounded to the realities of every day life. Many cross dressers especially those fairly closeted do not have to wear heels all day or while on their feet for extended periods. Most cross dressers are not grounded to the realities of everyday life in heels, but are immersed in a world disconnected from it. There are probably analogous situations concerning dresses and panty hose.

I work part time in an office environment with mainly women, and the dress code is business casual or better. Most wear flats because they are more comfortable while a few wear heels on occasion. I wear heels on occasion when I know I am going to be working at my desk most of the day and know I will be going directly home after work. I wear flats most of the time for comfort reasons. There are a lot of cute flats if you pull your attention away from heels on occasion. I keep a pair of flats in my car for emergencies and for the days when I want to take off my heels ASAP. About two weeks ago, someone complimented someone else about their heels. That started a conversion about how heels look great, but after 3-4 hours they start to hurt. Dresses and skirts at the office are uncommon, partially due to the cooler weather in Northern California at this time of the year. I have worn a skirt with tights twice in the past 3 months and the rest of the time it has been dress pants. Skirts and dresses especially with heels are not the most practical attire if you are active at work.

One of my co-workers is about 5'2" and she wears flats most of the time. She wears heels when she has to attend a more formal event, but usually changes out of them when returning to the office. The executive director is 5'9" (same as my height) and she wears heels most of the time. When you get to wear heels when you want to, you become more selective about it, thus comfort and practicality tends to take over.

When I met my wife (way back in the 1970's) she rarely wore bras. It has take me years to convince her how beautiful she looks in a nice lacey bra. She always puts one on when she is leaving the house. But when she comes home from work, the first thing she does if pull it off. I love seeing them and wearing them. I would have one on 24-7 if I could. I can't imagine life without bras.
    Stephanie

Not really, but a lot of people on the forum love heels so much but it seems many women aren't as fond
    some people like grapes, others don't. I know many "tall" women who wear heels. My GF was 5'7" and never (except when she was working out) anything flat and the minimum was 2".
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Celeste,
    You crack me up. I find the same reasons to wear heels. I wore some all yesterday and I was jsut hanging out at home.
    Joan
    joank
    Southern California

Actually, I find the perspective of CDs fascinating compared to the GGs they are trying to emulate. And it's not just heels.

Hope you don't mind my two cents worth...
    Honey, the Amazon is Jealous, find me a woman who doesn't like to look at sexy shoes even if she is tall.The problem is too many short men - I worked with a 5'11" gg and wore flats 80% of the time but she admitted it was being too tall in them to wear everywhere, but had a few pair for special occasions. I am sure you will hear from other gg" their take on femininity never includes high heels". But it depends on the occasion-

I'm a tall girl (5'10"), and I love heels... No one HAS to wear heels...I mean, there's no label on shoe boxes that says, "You must be This short to wear."

Obviously, women are wearing heels. Have you been to the shoe department? Do you think companies make products that don't sell just for funnsies? Women wear heels.

But, your location is greatly going to dictate what you see people wearing around you. If you go to work, come home, and get online where you begin declaring that you never see women in heels...then, perhaps, you Need to get out more. I'm jus' sayin'...I don't know where you live...maybe with a lot of snow...maybe a lot of gravel...I don't know...but, most women wear heels.

Now, you also must understand that most women have jobs. And, workplaces have dress codes...usually, the codes on shoes aren't all that much fun. And, personally, I'm not going to spend good money on ugly heels...if I'm going to wear heels, I am going to wear cute heels.

So, yeah, I spend most of the day in pretty ugly shoes (you like that oxymoron?)...but, I'd rather not have blood and guts (and other things) on my fancy shoes. I could probably get away with wearing a really lame, closed-toed heel in my scrubs (and, look like a freak)...but, I'll pass.

However, I try to get out...I go to bars, parties, clubs...and, I wear heels...and, so is every other girl.

So, in summary, the heel-to-height ratio is really at a personal discretion. And, finally, if you feel like women just aren't wearing heels, look at your lifestyle and environment. If you're at home or work all day and never go out, I'm sure this is true for you. But, someone is wearing those heels that you see all over every store ever...and, like 99% of them aren't men lol. So, if you're lamenting the lack of heels you see, get off the computer, step out of the house, and proceed to any of your nearest "night life locations."

But, that's just my real talk...I mean nothing but love...but, come on, y'all...seriously.
    Last edited by Shananigans; 03-07-2013 at 04:06 PM.
    "Today a young man [...] realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration...that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively...there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves. Here's Tom with the Weather.”-Bill Hicks
    “What freedom men and women could have, were they not constantly tricked and trapped and enslaved and tortured by their sexuality! The only drawback in that freedom is that without it one would not be a human. One would be a monster.” East of Eden by Steinbeck

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I can understand why they don't care for heels.
    I don't wear them often either.Just happen to be wearing boots with 3 in heels today because my jeans are long.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Tracii G; 03-07-2013 at 05:19 PM.

In my youth (when the heck was that?) I dated a lovely 6' girl. I was barely 6' and she would often wear 2-3" heels and it made her that much more attractive. Of course, when we went hiking or skiing, heels were not part of her wardrobe, or mine either!
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.