Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone on this forum found any substitute ??????

Has anyone on this forum found any substitute ??????

This is an extremely intelligent and thoughtful forum, and the collected experience of the membership provides a wealth of information.

That said- Has anyone here found a solitary-self-controlled activity that they can say gives the escapism from stress and intense sensual pleasure of crossdressing ??

It is obvious that mainstream society does NOT think much of TGs, and many of us probably would stop if there were something available to switch too (if only for the sake of significant others).

From what I've seen, this doesn't "go away "

Hugs,

Flo

unless the SO had you signed a NON_CONPETE clause it was for richer and poorer, sickness and health till death do you part!
    Last edited by Sandra; 03-07-2013 at 03:51 PM. Reason: No need to quote the post read the rules about quoting posts

I would have to say a big NOPE. If I had that other thing I would probably not be on this forum.

Re: substitutes. There is always sex, drugs, overeating, bodybuilding, skydiving, motor racing, mountain climbing, exploring, professional sports, intense scholarship, etc., etc. For some people making money is enough.

I tried drug addiction and alcoholism but that didn't work out too good. YMMV.

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    I find hunting, fishing, just being out in the woods alone and away from people is a close second.

Quote Originally Posted by flogo920 View Post
    It is obvious that mainstream society does NOT think much of TGs, and many of us probably would stop if there were something available to switch too (if only for the sake of significant others).

From what I've seen, this doesn't "go away "

Hugs,

Flo
    Flo your two sentences quoted seem to contradict each other.
    I doubt if many would stop because as you said it does not go away.
    We may temper our activities in front of our SO's but we would go underground.
    Finding another hobby to replace it would not be an option.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Hunting isn't to sensual but if you are dressed enfemme its a bit better.
    Shooting sports I do because I like the smell of hot oil and gunpowder.

I agree with Jessica, being alone is a close second.
    Stephanie

Yes I have..... though not solitary.... playing ice hockey just beats the daylights out of doing anything else..... given the choice between the two I will strap on the skates and go hit the puck around every time..... anyone can dress like a girl but to put in the winning goal in OT with a slap shot from the point through the 5 hole...... is an amazing feeling......
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

The haze Marijunna induces can help out, takes your mind off of your problems. I was an everyday smoker for three years and it was a positive experince. It's not anywhere close to being as damaging as alcohol can be and when you need to quit its quite easy. I stopped 9 months ago and haven't relapsed or even had an uncontrolable desire to relapse. Granted I do have a reason (I'm going into the Airforce) that has helped me to maintain.
    A Southern Belle of the 21st century.

Flickr link for the interested, http://www.flickr.com/people/ashleemara/

"To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance." -Oscar Wilde

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by flogo920
    This is an extremely intelligent and thoughtful forum, and the collected experience of the membership provides a wealth of information. That said- Has anyone here found a solitary-self-controlled activity that they can say gives the escapism from stress and intense sensual pleasure of crossdressing ?? It is obvious that mainstream society does NOT think much of TGs, and many of us probably would stop if there were something available to switch too (if only for the sake of significant others). From what I've seen, this doesn't "go away"
    Yes, I’ve “found” something, or it found me – creating ART. I was an artist long before I started wearing skirts, and making artwork is definitely solitary (no collaborators) and self-controlled (it’s completely up to me), it allows me to escape from stress (what stress?), and, trust me, art IS intense sensual pleasure – I think frolicking in a world of beautiful colors, curvaceous lines, and emotions laid bare for all to see would make any hedonist feel right at home. Nowadays I often crossdress while I create my artworks, in fact crossdressing IS an art form, and I’m a living, breathing work of art – of course, not everyone will like what they see, will they?

Please don’t assume that ALL MtF crossdressers are transgender, OK? Some of us dress purely for pleasure (see above), and there is no gender questioning going on under the frocks and frills. In my case, crossdressing is an offshoot of an already super-heated hedonistic persona. The latter is the thing that never goes away, and it encourages me to dress-up on a regular basis. In other words, crossdressing is endlessly pleasurable, so I do it as part of my ongoing pursuit of happiness

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    to put in the winning goal in OT with a slap shot from the point through the 5 hole...... is an amazing feeling......
    unless you are the goalie. (Stated from a former "'tender")

Why does one have to preclude the other? Just because you enjoy one thing does not mean you have to rank it above or below another (sort of why Baskin Robbins is in business...right?) I sing and if tomorrow I was signed to a contract, you would see the first TS recording star. This isn't an either/or proposition
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Music. I play, sing, alone or with others. I learn it, study it, love to improvise it. I recently heard from a jazz documentary that Jazz improvisation is physical, mental, emotional and spiritual all at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    unless you are the goalie. (Stated from a former "'tender")

Why does one have to preclude the other? Just because you enjoy one thing does not mean you have to rank it above or below another (sort of why Baskin Robbins is in business...right?) I sing and if tomorrow I was signed to a contract, you would see the first TS recording star. This isn't an either/or proposition
    I played net for a season.... and I sucked! lol. and since you get to wear girdles and garter belts and stockings playing hockey its like combining them!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I find that counted cross stitch embroidery satisfies my need to be feminine almost as much as dressing. Plus, you get something to show for it. You end up with all sorts of things: pretty pictures to hang on the walls, birth and wedding announcements, toys for your children and/or grandchildren, and lots of other stuff. You can also decorate your man clothes with little butterflies and flowers to take the edge off when you must dress in drab.

Right now I'm writing this on my iPhone which has a pink cover with a flower embroidered on the back. I did the embroidery myself. If I get a derogatory comment about it, which happens often, I proudly tell the person that I did the embroidery to emulate my grandmother who was a champion embroiderer. That always shuts them up. (It also happens to be true.)

If you like it then there is nothing like it.... Maybe mdma is a close second

Banned Read only
    Western Upstate NY, on a Lake Ontario city
    I work a seasonal job as a costumed living historian interpreting history of that day in a restored 19th century village and dress in authentic mens clothes from 1850. I'm the 19th century printer.I Wear high top britches with suspenders(braces) a vest (waistcoat) and puffy arm drop shoulderpleated front mens blouse with high 3 button cuffs. I feel sexy as hell in that 'perod clothing'and feel very masculine and wish I could go back in time to that era, Have no thought at all about CDing, it blocks them out.

Last year on the way home from work at the village I stopped at or local giant super market and when going through the line the young man cashier said 'my you look dapper today'. Now that is a different kind of compliments we in femme mode never hear. It swelled my head.
    Last edited by Megan70; 03-07-2013 at 05:38 PM.

I don't know about the sensual pleasure bit necessarily lol, but there have been various things that snap me away from the deep sense of loss or wrongness I sometimes get when unable to crossdress for a while. Art, reading and music are the main ones for sure
    Bi-Gendered, Goth/Metal Fan, Atheist, Artist and British

Quote Originally Posted by Dee3 View Post
    Music. I play, sing, alone or with others. I learn it, study it, love to improvise it. I recently heard from a jazz documentary that Jazz improvisation is physical, mental, emotional and spiritual all at once.
    yep same here, I produce trance music, it's an activity I do whilst wearing my favorite dress.

No, it doesn't go away.
    But it depends on why you are crossdressing, and for each of us, that can be different. When I'm in a stable relationship, I don't crossdress. Stress, and alienation from a S.O. is what kicks it off; when that lasts long enough, the desire to crossdress becomes overwhelming. No S.O.? I'm dressed as a girl every day. I'm affection starved, for me one of the most stressful situations possible.

Basically, you have to figure out what it is that drives you to crossdress, and if you can address that, you'll find your answer.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Quote Originally Posted by sometimes_miss View Post

Basically, you have to figure out what it is that drives you to crossdress, and if you can address that, you'll find your answer.
    I have figured it out. I want to be a woman. If I address that it will go away?
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Silver Member
    a substitute that give the same instense sensual pleasure and stress relief? No, I haven't
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    It may NOT go away. And, even tho other activities may be "2nd best", u must find things that take your mind off dressing. Especially CDs that live alone and/or have lots of alone time.

I'm not certain the forum counts as "time away from CDing"? But, at times like now, I'd be hard pressed to sign off here in order to become Sherry!

I also find a compelling sports contest on TV to be a good distraction. Like, the Lakers scoring 20 points in a row to come back and win last nite. Or, the Ducks shutting out Phoenix 1 zip! I'd rather be playing, too, Karren. But sadly, can't!

Also, I find traveling to be a great diversion. New people, places, customs, food, and routines keep my mind off dressing.
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Not necessarily in any preference but a few things that take my mind off dressing
    Paintball, there's always a chance that your clothes will rip while stalking the other team
    Bikes, 150+ mph is a rush like no other
    Sparring, nothing like kicking the snot or getting the snot kicked out of you
    Hockey, its hockey, speed, grace and a checking league
    Sex, der, while dressed would be fun, but who's going to turn down any sex with your spouse?!?
    CODBLOPS2, just 1 more level then ill do something productive! 4 levels later... Just 1 more level
    Skyrim, just one more quest...