Thread: The 25th Dress

The 25th Dress

I bought a new dress on Thursday and then on Friday picked up another dress from a seamstress that I was having altered. As I was putting them in my closet I counted 24 dresses.

I was thinking that I should get something fun and special for my 25th dress. I have a beautiful evening down, a few LBDs, summer dresses, casual and dresses perfect for the office.

Any suggestions, girls? Something fun? Glamorous? Adventures? Links would be appreciated!!

Love, Hannah
    www.hannahmcknight.org

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    (Amy gently nudges Hannah towards HolyClothing.com)

There are a lot of unusual and very pretty dresses here to choose from. You've seen me wear one of them. I have two. There are many more to choose from, and I'm sure you could find something that would look fabulous!

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

How about a wedding dress?
    Life is too short not to be happy!

Those ARE beautiful dresses Amy, thanks for sharing!
    And Kathy, I've thought about a wedding dress..my ultimate fantasy is to be a bridesmaid...

Love, Hannah
    www.hannahmcknight.org

sunshine? yes, please! :) rachelgirlnw1's Avatar
    Are you sure this isn't a Katherine Heigl movie??

Wow Hannah, I love your blog! Great story about the polka dot dress and especially followed by your cute and flirty photos. Love it!

I wish I had some good advice. Given the season, maybe a cute (and flirty!) summer dress? I'm sure whatever you choose, you'll look dynamite! Have fun!!

rachel

I would go with the wedding dress. It is not just the dress, its the whole buying process. Finding the right dress, getting measured, and final fitting, then shoes, jewlery, and everything that goes with it. Then have a photo shoot.

Rachel, thanks for the kind words about my blog. I am glad you like it and I am glad you like the pictures!

And Diane, you're making the wedding dress experience sound soooo fun. I will have to seriously consider that...

Love, Hannah
    www.hannahmcknight.org

I am at a loss to suggest anything but from what I have seen on the blogs etc. there are a lot of nice dresses out there.
    I would hate to choose.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I have to agree with Rachel with her views on your blog - you just gained a new follower in me!

Are there any particular looks you've always wanted to try but never got around to going for? For me, I love metal music and I've always wanted to try something along the lines of what the lead singers from bands like nightwish might wear, so big boots, perhaps a leather jacket... etc. I think it'd be really fun trying to put some sort of gothic outfit together like that - it's on my bucket list for some time in the future!

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Emily Barton View Post
    I love metal music and I've always wanted to try something along the lines of what the lead singers from bands like nightwish might wear, so big boots, perhaps a leather jacket... etc. I think it'd be really fun trying to put some sort of gothic outfit together like that - it's on my bucket list for some time in the future!
    Which lead singer did you have in mind, Emily? Tarja tends to wear longer, very operatic dresses, and still does on her solo tours. Anette wore cuter, sexier outfits; the one time I saw her live, she wore a short skirt with striped tights, though she's sometimes gone for a more gothic look. Floor goes for the "metal chick" look, short leather dresses with some chrome ornamentation. Oh, all three look great, of course, they just have distinct styles to them.

It's occurred to me that the black HolyClothing Alyssa dress I got for my "witch" costume would also make perfect attire for a concert; with slightly-different makeup style and that dress, Amy can be a lovely Goth girl. You know, Within Temptation is supposed to be touring next year...maybe they'll come to Denver?

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah Gotta View Post
    I bought a new dress on Thursday and then on Friday picked up another dress from a seamstress that I was having altered. As I was putting them in my closet I counted 24 dresses........
    I have overloaded my closet with skirts and blouses plus five or six dresses. I have a hard time getting them on and off the closet rod. I though about counting them but haven't yet. When my wife and I get bored, we sometimes go clothes shopping. This has to stop!
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda