Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How I ended up wearing ladies boots to work

How I ended up wearing ladies boots to work

This is a story... it's not particularly grand, but hopefully the community here will appreciate it. I don't really have a question, I'm just sharing an experience that I've been wanting to tell people about.

Allow me to start at the end:

I'm currently wearing Ros Hommerson "Francine" (link; there's even a YouTube video) knee-high boots to work (and pretty much everywhere else).

Now, back to the beginning:

In guy mode, I'm typically of the opinion "I still have a perfectly good pair of shoes, why would I need another?" Thus, I have one pair of guy shoes. (In girl mode, I'm the complete opposite, but that's another story.)

Anyway, I bought these ladies boots online, because they looked great in the video, comfortable and "friendly". I even paid for express postage (it's painful waiting for online purchases to arrive!). When they arrived, I found that they fit well and they're quite a pleasure to wear. I even walked around outside in them, somewhat paranoid that everyone who walked by was noticing.

Not long after these boots had arrived, there was a snow storm. Having moved overseas recently, I'm not familiar with snow (it never snows where I'm from). My guy shoes were completely inadequate for the snow (which was knee-deep in places which hadn't been plowed). So, what choice did I have? I wore my ladies boots to work. They really did make it possible to walk in the snow, and I would have spent the whole day uncomfortable otherwise.

I kept my guy shoes with me at work, so I could switch whenever I wanted to. Over time, however, I found myself less and less willing to switch. I developed a kind of emotional attachment to these boots. After all, they did protect me from the snow when I needed it (and they're just lovely to wear!).

It's been over a month now, and these days I pretty much wear them exclusively. My guy shoes are left at the office, so when I'm back home, I don't actually have any non-female shoes.

Originally, I expected people would notice me wearing them, but nobody has said anything. I wear my "guy jeans" over the top, so they're not particularly obvious. Nowadays, I want people to notice them; I often sit so they're somewhat obvious. Unfortunately, nobody has yet said "Hey, are you wearing girls' shoes?"

- Becky

Boots tend to be a bit unisex. My fluffy boots I wear in the snow are utilitarian and no one bothers to mention that they are strange.
    They are practical warm and waterproof.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

My flat heeled slouch boots are female and I wear them everyday. Have 3 pair in three colors Tan,Navy,Bone.

It seems like flat-heeled boots are a good choice to wear if you want to "get away" with wearing female shoes in guy mode without drawing too much attention to oneself.

Recently, I've been attracted to these boots with hidden wedge heels (and, similarly, fashion sneakers with hidden wedge heels). I've bought some online, and now have to wait until they arrive. Hopefully they're suitable to wear around in guy mode.

- Becky

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Nobody seems to notice my boots as being womens and I wear them a lot.Jeans in or out not a word has been said.

If you want them to notice then tuck your pant legs in them like in the video. I'm sure they will notice then. Atleast you are getting moneys worth. Enjoy!!!!
    Life is too short not to be happy!

Look a little like my farm muck boots. I like a little heel with my boots, more female looking.
    To Dream of the Person you want to be Is to Waste the Person you are. unknown

And like the song: What doesn't kill you, can't hurt you.

Well, I don't know about anything else, but I've been looking for a pair of boots like this, and they come in my size!!
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

I think it is awesome when people just naturally wear womens clothes while in guy mode! congrats on getting comfortable with it

Flat heel boots are not particularly feminine and therefore most folks probably think that they are some type of exotic men's boot. If you want to take it to the next level, purchase a pair of women's boots with a 2 to 3 inch block heel and wear them to work. After all, don't you want people to notice that you are wearing women's boots?
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

Banned Read only
    i wear womens clothes often in guy mode, just womens jeans nikies, uggs I WANT THE ADIDADS so many womens shoes today, look uni much cooler looking. however, I really miss being in heels, my wig all dolled up. itys been a few weeks. IM DUE THIS WEEKEND I WILL

Banned Read only
    i think now adays, work is the bect place to start little by little. if people do say anything smart its still SEXUAL HARASSAMENT. dosent matter if its gay jokes, or just choice of clothes. obviously, dont want the foreman pass a brick comming in 100 percent dressed. This may be different for TG that has already transioned as they legally are the opposite sex now which will be totally natural. TG people should not have to fell the have to move to a new city to start all over but I would move anyhow if i did transition, no matter how supporting people may be.

This winter I have been wearing two of my pair's of women's low-heeled boots. One pair zips up the back and the other on the inside. I love them and no one has said anything. My pants cover them most of the time. Most people don't pay that much attention anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie001 View Post
    Flat heel boots are not particularly feminine and therefore most folks probably think that they are some type of exotic men's boot.
    I guess you're right. This is what girls wear around here (not many wear heels, I'm afraid) -- that, or these fashion gumboots which, I think, look somewhat silly.

If you want to take it to the next level, purchase a pair of women's boots with a 2 to 3 inch block heel and wear them to work. After all, don't you want people to notice that you are wearing women's boots?
    Well... yes and no. It is a workplace after all. I certainly wouldn't want everyone to notice, but I wouldn't mind an occasional "Umm... what's this then?".

- Becky

Quote Originally Posted by jsunic_1978 View Post
    i think now adays, work is the bect place to start little by little. if people do say anything smart its still SEXUAL HARASSAMENT. dosent matter if its gay jokes, or just choice of clothes. obviously, dont want the foreman pass a brick comming in 100 percent dressed. This may be different for TG that has already transioned as they legally are the opposite sex now which will be totally natural. TG people should not have to fell the have to move to a new city to start all over but I would move anyhow if i did transition, no matter how supporting people may be.
    In my area (academia), there's firm policies against discrimination. However, these policies tend to focus on well-known or accepted minority groups; I'm not sure how much "I like to dress up like a girl" counts as a minority group. Moreover, they would also be quite hard to enforce: e.g. what happens when I ask for a letter of recommendation? (In my experience, the applicant usually does not get to see the letter of recommendation.)

That being said, I think the vast majority of people here wouldn't actually care whether or not I dress like a girl.

- Becky

Check out http://www.hhplace.org and read about men that wear women's shoes to work and all other places when dressed as men. It is no different than women wearing men's shoes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca Watson View Post
    In my area (academia), there's firm policies against discrimination. However, these policies tend to focus on well-known or accepted minority groups; I'm not sure how much "I like to dress up like a girl" counts as a minority group. Moreover, they would also be quite hard to enforce: e.g. what happens when I ask for a letter of recommendation? (In my experience, the applicant usually does not get to see the letter of recommendation.)

That being said, I think the vast majority of people here wouldn't actually care whether or not I dress like a girl.

- Becky
    Becky,

We are just talking about you wearing women's boots to work, not completely dressing as a girl. It is not really a big deal. Also, the umbrella that you fall under is "transgender". Even though I just present as a feminine male incorporating some women's items but not attempting to pass as a girl, I am classified by the psychological community as being transgendered and have that fact documented in my medical records. That way if anythings happens, I will have proof that I fall under the TG umbrella. Apparently all CDs and males that wear any female clothing fall under the TG umbrella whether they accept it or not.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

I think in North America we are used to seeing European guys wear feamle looking boots and using handbags so everyone is probably just thinking its an unusual fashion... If you never saw snow before then they think you had no idea you were buying woman's boots... because you didn't know there was a difference in the first place.
    Chickie

Hi there from another Becky

About 5 years ago, maybe a little longer, I bought 2 pairs of female boots from a UK store called Evans, one pair in brown, the other in black. They're low-heel strappy & buckle type boots, not knee-high but mid-calf. I wear them constantly in any company. Only one person has ever commented, my SO's niece. She saw the ankle strap & buckle (you know?) and said she really liked my boots and asked how 'high' they were. I showed her she said "cool" and asked where I got them. I simply said . . . online.

They're actually the boots I was wearing when I first met my SO (my now wife) she thought they were great, but has never made the connection with my CDing (even though she knows). She just thought they were a great pair of boots! I'll have to see if I can find a pic & add it to the message.

Something like this . . . (but real leather & better quality!!)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Womens-Ladie...104472&sr=8-10

or maybe a hybrid of these too http://www.amazon.co.uk/Manfield-Wom...105193&sr=8-49
    Last edited by Rebecca_Annette; 03-12-2013 at 11:26 AM. Reason: insert link to image

Aspiring Member
    Here is my 2 cents worth: if you like your boots and wear them quite frequently, buy another pair immediately! They fit, they're accepted, they are comfortable and most of all you love them. Buy another pair before they are discontinued by the manufacturer and you are forced to try and find another pair with similar qualities.

Speaking from the point of view from a former distance runner; once you find a good training shoe buy more because in 6 months the shoe will have a different last, different toe box, different lacing system and feel completely different.

Buy now and enjoy the boots for several years to come.

Also, the umbrella that you fall under is "transgender".
    Curious. I hadn't thought of this before. I suppose parts of the definitions at Wikipedia apply to me. I'm not sure what to think of this.

- Becky

Quote Originally Posted by Annie D View Post
    Here is my 2 cents worth: if you like your boots and wear them quite frequently, buy another pair immediately! They fit, they're accepted, they are comfortable and most of all you love them. Buy another pair before they are discontinued by the manufacturer and you are forced to try and find another pair with similar qualities.

Speaking from the point of view from a former distance runner; once you find a good training shoe buy more because in 6 months the shoe will have a different last, different toe box, different lacing system and feel completely different.

Buy now and enjoy the boots for several years to come.
    Hmmm... not a bad idea! However, I have a feeling that my wife, when we're reunited after this year, will not be particularly happy about all this. She'll probably just throw them out (she did this to another pair of shoes I had, although, they were high heels). And I'm unwilling to hide anything from my wife. So I think, in my circumstances, it'll probably be a waste of money. It's hard to predict though, she might be okay with these boots because they're not overly feminine.

- Becky

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca Watson View Post
    Hmmm... not a bad idea! However, I have a feeling that my wife, when we're reunited after this year, will not be particularly happy about all this. She'll probably just throw them out (she did this to another pair of shoes I had, although, they were high heels). And I'm unwilling to hide anything from my wife. So I think, in my circumstances, it'll probably be a waste of money. It's hard to predict though, she might be okay with these boots because they're not overly feminine.

- Becky
    You should start throwing-out any shoes that your wife owns that are not really feminine. I'm sure that she has some.

You should start throwing-out any shoes that your wife owns that are not really feminine. I'm sure that she has some.
    Haha!! There's certainly some I "forget" to put back in their original place (or "accidentally" bump under the couch) when I'm doing the vacuuming.

- Becky

Aspiring Member
    Why don't you tell her? Explain that you found a pair of boots that you enjoy wearing and how comfortable they are and then just ask what she would think about buying another pair before they are discontinued? If you have photo capabilities on your cell phone, take a picture of them while wearing a pair of your work pants. She may or may not recognize them as a feminine style but at least you will be upfront and honest with her. What is the worst thing she could say? If the answer is no, then you are exactly where you are now and if she says that it is okay, then you have a green light to decide whether to purchase another pair. You will just regret not asking; avoid the regret and ask. Wouldn't you do the same thing if the two of you were out shopping and you found something that you wanted to buy? Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by jsunic_1978 View Post
    i think now adays, work is the bect place to start little by little. if .........
    Your job is the last place you should test the boundaries. You need your job. You need the money for a place to live, food to eat, and clothes to wear. You also need it to fund a retirement when you're too old to work or otherwise unable to work. Your job may be your source of health insurance.

Even if you don't get fired, you may be passed over for promotions or just find an unfriendly atmosphere. You may think there are laws to protect against this, but no law can make people like you and there are other ways to get rid of you if the company wants to for whatever reason. Loosing your job can make a serious difference in your life, now, and in the future. My job, which I had for 32 years allowed me to retire at age 61 with a comfortable retirement income and plenty of expensive "toys". If I had screwed around and lost it early on, I would probably still be working in a minimum wage job and living in a cheap apartment.

If you're looking for a safe place to crossdress, do it in private, or do it in public but not where you work.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda