Thread: More progress with the wife-sort of

More progress with the wife-sort of

I guess it's been over a month since my wife and I had the talk. At the time she said she didn't want to see it or talk about about it. Well we have discussed things many times and she goes out to play so I can play which is nice. At the beginning she would text me about 20 minutes she would be home. The last two times it has been about 5 minutes. Of course I have been still downstairs dressed. So the first time I go up and get changed and go to bed. Last night I start doing that and she says I got you something. No it wasn't something fem it was just doughnuts. So I'm sitting at the kitchen table with her dressed with fake nails painted red , make up and jewelry and 5-1/2 inch heels and short skirt with a nice zerbra top. She seems polite in her words but is critical. I think the first thing she says you make an ugly girl. I would spot you right away out there. then she says your blue eye make up is too much. In my defense I was playing and expiermenting and trying something new and was not expecting this situation. Then she says,oh you like caddy jewelry.I had on some nice fake diamond crystal dangling earings and some stretch diamond rings on, it was four rings. Some might be offended by the conversation but i did take it in stride as positive first step in that she invited me in while dressed. I might not like what she said but I chose to take it as constructive critism and I know deep down it will take a many more encounters to get use to seeing me made up. I don't push but letting her choose when to see me this way. She did not have a disgusted face at all, which was a plus. She has seen pictures and even made suggestions on which to use on another site.She helped me pick out 3 new wigs too. It is all her choice when to participate. So after the beating up I give her a kiss with my lipstick on and say goodnight as she is on her computer and I go up and clean up and put my babydoll nightgown on and go to bed. Not the best of steps but progress.
    Life is too short not to be happy!

Kathy, that is progress.
    As long as you present reasonably well and not too much like Shrek in a dress you will make inroads.
    I agree do not be tempted to hang around when caught like this, just go and quietly change.
    If you are asked why and she doesn't seem to mind you can push the envelope ever so gently next time.
    You are doing right in taking things in their stride as any angst can kill the situation instantly.
    I say, be a good girl and do as you are told,remember you are the naughty one.
    Good for you as far as progress and slow acceptance goes.
    I await further reports of PROGRESS.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathy4ever View Post
    ....... So I'm sitting at the kitchen table with her dressed with fake nails painted red , make up and jewelry and 5-1/2 inch heels and short skirt with a nice zerbra top. She seems polite in her words but is critical. I think the first thing she says you make an ugly girl. I would spot you right away out there. .......
    I think the mistake many crossdressers make is overdoing the makeup and clothes, especially the heels. Does she wear 5 1/2" heels herself? Fake nails painted red? I suspect not. Short skirt? Possibly not.

Look at your wife. Look at her wardrobe. Dress like she dresses. Dress your age and dress for the situation. Same for makeup, do it like she does it.

Now that you no longer look like a hooker, she may be more accepting. At least you have a place to start.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

I agree, but like I said I was expiermenting and trying something new and not expecting what happened last night. Heels are another matter. I have to practice and break them in so I keep wearing different heights and types. I have about 12 now and they all need broken in. This pair i haven't tried in about two weeks as my feet were sore from my adventure out in my high heel boots. The last time I tried them on i was about to fall. this time I was doing good with tehm.
    Quote Originally Posted by linda allen View Post
    I think the mistake many crossdressers make is overdoing the makeup and clothes, especially the heels. Does she wear 5 1/2" heels herself? Fake nails painted red? I suspect not. Short skirt? Possibly not.

Look at your wife. Look at her wardrobe. Dress like she dresses. Dress your age and dress for the situation. Same for makeup, do it like she does it.

Now that you no longer look like a hooker, she may be more accepting. At least you have a place to start.
    I really don't consider it being caught. She knows and told me run up as she was leaving. I think she is trying to process it more and get use to it herself. Not saying she will ever be a fan but she did invite me in. I will report good or bad as it progresses. Hopefully next time I will less eye shaow on next time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    Kathy, that is progress.
    As long as you present reasonably well and not too much like Shrek in a dress you will make inroads.
    I agree do not be tempted to hang around when caught like this, just go and quietly change.
    If you are asked why and she doesn't seem to mind you can push the envelope ever so gently next time.
    You are doing right in taking things in their stride as any angst can kill the situation instantly.
    I say, be a good girl and do as you are told,remember you are the naughty one.
    Good for you as far as progress and slow acceptance goes.
    I await further reports of PROGRESS.
    Last edited by Sandra; 03-12-2013 at 09:34 AM. Reason: merged consecutive posts, please sue the multiquote function as mulitposting is not allowed

Platinum Member
    Hi Kathy, The ball is in her court now just don't overwhelm her I think that she will come around slowly.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Kathy, Accept the gift that she is somewhat accepting. Take it slow at her speed. For the most part my wife is an absolute no, but occasionally we get to talk about it. Love her and let her know that SHE is the most important person in your life and that Kathy comes second to her.
    Hugs
    Traci Melissa Knight

To thine own self be true
    When the student is ready, the teacher will appear

Banned Read only
    First, that IS progress. And second, take her advice! That criticism is the best thing for you. Blue eyeshadow?! She's right.

Well the plus is she is acknowledging you. I would slow down, dress like her as stated before. Good luck in your journey to spousal acceptance, its a long road.

You must have incredible charm, or a way with words. More acceptance than I have with my wife--by a long shot. Yeah, she will point out the tall heels and blue eyeshadow, naturally. Most women do not do that. However crossdressers do...that's the fun of it. Right? Sure you could wear old jeans and Uggs boots--skip the makeup--you be passable in my town. But why?
    I shopped a thrift store with a sister of mine and we were both overdressed in a major way. I asked the clerk if we were overdressed for thrift store shopping. "No, of course not!" She is always nice to me. Sweet girl.

As long as you are talking to each other it is progress

So true and others thank you. So I jokingly said to my ey wife who did not come to bed last night due to sinus troubles i thought I scared you away.. She laughed and so no. So not as bad as i thought.
    Quote Originally Posted by bridget thronton View Post
    As long as you are talking to each other it is progress

Banned Read only
    I'd say you are making progress if your aim is to have her accept cross dressing. If your ultimate goal is to freely dress around her, then making there are baby steps being taken. I think too many are always thinking of the wife accepting the husband. How about the angle of whether the wife is progressing in allowing herself to see you. Part of the issue is whether the man's behavior is outside societal norms and expectations. And, part of the issue is whether the woman's behavior of accepting her husband is outside societal norms and expectations.

You have had a discourse with your wife concerning these issues while en femme. I'd consider that progress for both spouses.

Platinum Member
    Seemed like a very positive interaction to me. Considering where you were a short time ago, it's great progress. Take her suggestions to heart...after all, she's been a woman for a lot longer than you and has had years to cultivate an eye for style and fit. Also, I'd rather be referred to as an Unattractive woman than a man dressed as a woman. It's a small but meaningful difference in my mind.

Your very lucky she is coming around. Keep it going very easy hun.
    Angie

Aspiring Member
    Yes, that is progress. Just keep in mind what the actor said to his agent. "I don't care what they say about me, as long as they're talking about me."

the first thing she says you make an ugly girl. I would spot you right away out there.
    ...and there you are; sitting there eating the donuts she just brought to you taking her best attempts at humiliating you in stride.

I wish you and your marriage well!
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

Yeah wondering if she was trying to do that. All seems good. She just gave me a kiss as I am wearing leggings and long blue sparkle sweater top. No negatives this time. Just a relaxing kinda day as I have a cold. As others said dress like her. It is kinda her taste.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikiarata View Post
    ...and there you are; sitting there eating the donuts she just brought to you taking her best attempts at humiliating you in stride.

I wish you and your marriage well!