Thread: So Nervous...Just called a Wig store and they are expecting me

So Nervous...Just called a Wig store and they are expecting me

She assured me I would not be made fun of and gave me her name so she could help me. She advised "this happens all of the time". So, I am headed there to face the biggest hurdle or step in bringing Kristyn alive to be well. They have make up as well and I sit in a hotel tonight. I may be all dolled up soon. We shall see. At least I will or should have the wig I need and deserve to frame face.

Fear, I swallow. Excitement outweighs Fright.

Kristyn
    I am an Artist working in all Mediums including Sexy

Just look forward to the excitement you will get when transformed into the girl you are inside Kristyn.

And I would like to hear about it so let us know how it went.

Anxiously awaiting the results of your appointment. I am trying to find the courage to do this also. Hope it's a wonderful experience for you.

You will have sooooo much fun.
    The minute you think of giving up think of the reason you held on for so long

A wig causes a major change in your appearance (and boosts your self confidence).

It sound like the sales person has done everything possible to minimize your fears. Just go for it, you will be fine and happy with the transformation !

Diane

It will be one of the most pleasurable experiences that you have. Calm the butterflies and have fun.

You did not say what city you were in. Once you get the face painted, dressed, and the wig on, you will be tempted to go out the door. Some of us could recommend friendly places to go once you get to that point.
    Last edited by DeeArel; 03-15-2013 at 08:17 PM.

Remember Kristyn they are in business to make money. It would do them no good at all to make you uncomfortable, you or any customer. They also know a good experience for you might mean a repeat customer......go have a good time!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Susan V. Adams

Gulp!!! I will follow in your stiletto pumps soon enough, sister. Thanks for blazing a trail; I can't wait to hear about it!

Just can't help myself! Brenda456's Avatar
    Sounds like fun! Hope you have a great time.

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    I wish I was in your spot. I would be nervous and excited. Hope you have fun, it is an awesome step you are taking. Congrats !!!
    Erica

I"m very excited for you and I can only imagine how nervous you must be. Sounds like its going to be a wonderful experience. Can't wait to know how it went. Enjoy.

Relax, take a deep breath. I have found wig store to be the most accepting places I have been. Once you get there and see that it's going to be alright you will be like a kid in a candy store. I was my first time. Don't be afraid to try on as many as it takes to find the right one for you as in most if not all cases they are not returnable.
    I believe therefore I can [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ladies, just returned to the car. Wow! Adrenaline still pumping. I bought 2 wigs and will take photos when I return to my room. Traffic ahead. I M in Austin, Tx. One of the most accepting areas in the world. I will write more here in a bit. Stay tuned...Very, Very Excited to get dressed.

Banned Read only
    Congrats Kristyn, you will feel love the feel and look and how the wigs transform you. I cried when I put mine on the first time.

If you need a recommendation in the DFW area, PM me, I know a very open minded store. I'm sure there are many though.

PS love your shoes.

Platinum Member
    It will be fine and fun. Just relax and be yourself.

I have tried my (2) new wigs on now and I am wearing my favorite longer brown with blonde highlights in the back. New style you see on GG's now. The bangs are pulled back into a braid. I bought a lighter color at the request of my wife. I am ok with it but it may need the curling iron for a little more shape. The store I was in didn't not have private rooms so I was too embarrassed to try on in the public. I asked my sales lady to help me with my round shaped face. The wigs are pretty good but really hard to say yes or no until I get some color on my face. I did not bring any make up with me and I did not buy any there even though we were looking at it. They did not have make up remover in the store because they were sold out. I figure if I stop tonight to apply make up, I will go to wal-greens or the like and pick up make up remover as well. I wish I had my fancy brush kit I bought before Christmas though. Oh, Well.

Once I accessorize and apply make-up, I really feel I will love this longer straight pulled back bangs look. I will attach photos of both, without my face, here in a minute. I should of bought a mannequin head(s) while there and may go back tomorrow and pick these up along with a short curly or mid curly wig. Very well priced and the hair feels a whole lot better than the wig I bought on line. It feels real, no kidding. Anyways, I sit here in a Lane Bryant Turquoise Top and a Black Skirt with Nude Thigh Highs and my Fergie Open Toed Pumps that are still new to my collection. Lane Bryant from the thrift store because I have gained 25 lbs in the last 5 months. I said it out loud so now I can go the other way. Still down 100 though. Now just 75 more. Rollercoaster...anyone wanna ride with me? Fat sux.

I appreciate anyone who has read this and got a chuckle or smile today and love those that have actually reached out on this big day in my life as Kristyn. Photos follow.....................

Big Hugs to Each and Everyone of you girls here in our little girly community. Us V. World

Kristyn

Kristen, congrats on the experience. Being fitted properly with a wig you can see on is a perfect way to buy. You also followed an important step of contacting first either by phone or e-mail will let you know how you will be treated. Most wig stores are very familiar with the cd community and love your dollars just as much. The few that don't welcome us will let you know and will usually be professional in their response. Looking forward to the photos.

I think the wig stores love us CDs because after trying on a few it's very improbable that there won't be a sale. cha-ching!

Aspiring Member
    Just be calm and confident. youll be fine.

-Donni-

i just barely walked into a wig store today! just asked the cashier if i could try one on, she helped me put it on, i said i liked it! the price hit me by surprise a bit though :/
    oh well, im glad to have a nice head of long hair now! not very used to making it look nice though, its never occurred to me that you actually have to comb them and clean them like normal hair! hehe
    getting close to full drag

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristyn Hill View Post
    I am ok with it but it may need the curling iron for a little more shape.
    If the wig is a synthetic fiber, then a curling iron is usually not a good idea, and I was told that it could ruin it. Human hair it should be fine, I think.

Having hair to swish around your face feels amazing.

I'm so glad you did this - it is really wonderful, isn't it? I'm happy for you!

Kristyn,
    It is not like the dentist.....
    It doesn't hurt a bit.
    It is also a fun time.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Ladies, It all went well, seamless transactions and I will be back again at the end of this week picking up a couple of more styles. Kristyn will have so many looks and cant wait to show ya. I love this place!

Cant wait to see the new looks. What fun it had to be

I cant wait to show everyone soon enough.