Thread: Ready for St. Patrick's Day?

Ready for St. Patrick's Day?

It isn't exactly a dress up holiday and St. Patrick may not have been a "live and let live" kinda guy, but it can add a little color, and perhaps a dash of femininity, to our lives.

I'm planning on attending a women's group celebration that will be complete with a bagpiper.

What are your plans?

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Nice,very Irish
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Allesha

I bought a new pair of green panties for St. Patrick's Day.

my toe nails are already green. so i guess im ready then. It sucks that i have to work tomorrow.

Aspiring Member Tammy Nowakowski's Avatar
    love that green on your nails

I've got three strings of shiny green beads and a dark green renny shirt to wear! I'll be wearing lime green panties too. Oh yeah, my nails are painted lime green now too!

I have a green wig I am going to air again, used it last St Pat's day.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I'll be playing and singing Irish music at a bar/restaurant. Green tie and male mode..

My plan is to stay home where it is safe Total Amateur night out there. Thus, I don't need green
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Will stay home. Not a night person anymore. Do miss the corned beef and cabbage though.

Gorgeous nails, Persephone!

If you're really Irish, you don't need to wear green!

We're celebrating by going out for pizza!

Eryn go bra!
    Last edited by Eryn; 03-16-2013 at 05:02 PM.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post

Eryn go bra!
    Well, my women's group is off to a St. Patrick's Day celebration tomorrow, complete with a bagpiper (Yes, there are Irish bagpipes known as Uilleann pipes [click here, includes audio]). So I will be doin' a bit of the wearin' o' the green, along with some other colors.

I love the Eryn go bra! I was thinking of that phrase, with the more traditional spelling, just a few minutes ago before logging on!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post

Pizza is exactly what I had today.
    I'm sure St Patrick himself would have enjoyed it.

I shared eggplant parmesian with my spouse, along with corned beef and cabbage soft tacos.

Hugs,
    Persephone.

Staying in where I won't risk getting hit by the crazy amount of drunks out today :-)

a bag piper wearing a KILT?

here is my st.patty's day dress!
    Attached Images Attached Images

My plans?

You can add me to the list of "stay at home and play it safe" girls. Too many rowdy, drunken rednecks around these parts to go out on the roads.

Have fun and be safe with whatever you girls do.

Quote Originally Posted by nhlighthouse View Post
    a bag piper wearing a KILT?
    Yep, we had Scotch bagpipers rather than Irish ones - 4 bagpipers and two drummers. In addition to March, the place celebrates St. Patrick's Day on the 17th of every month throughout the year with special food and drinks and a kilted bagpiper. Not that much stranger than their corned beef and cabbage soft tacos and corned beef and cabbage nachos. Welcome to California!

About 30 women from our group (the others are all GGs) and a couple of husbands attended.

Hugs,
    Persephone.