Thread: Does anyone look back on their posts?

Banned Read only

Does anyone look back on their posts?

For grins, I looked at my intro to the site. A clear anguish and guilt laced introduction. Jan 22, 2011. I ended up coming out to my wife just over a month later! I wonder if it was cause and effect. I do believe that joining this site caused me to admit who I was and that I wasn't a freak. And I can state unequivocally, this site and even more so, Mandy, gave me the strength to out myself. A crazy two short years.

Have you looked back?
    Last edited by Jenniferathome; 03-19-2013 at 12:44 PM.

I have and noticed that I tended to post during certain times of the year. It seems I post alot around anniversaries of certain events in my life, in other words, alot of stress equals alot of posts/dressing.

No, but it's a good idea on a rainy day. However I do want to take this oppotunity to compliment you. Since you have been at this Forum your posts, in my opinion, seemj to be right on topic especially when some members come up with new descriptions of what shade of CD they have decided they must be. Of course many will disagree with our observations, but to me it's similar to saying that the sky (on a cloudless, fogless and smogless day) is really purple because "I decided it is". Keep up the good work.
    Julie

Yes I do. Finding out that writing down my feelings has awakened me. I appreciate the feedback from my thoughts too.

I've looked back and I'm grateful for all the support. I go back just for reference and its shocking. I miss the stage I was at last summer... I haven't fully dressed or have gone out since...
    Done crying.

ive only been here a week, and this website has helped me feel soooo much better about myself, i actually have come pretty far in that time

Yes I do. I've grown quite a bit by being here and referring to earlier posts reminds me of how far I've come.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Jennifer,
    I think I have mentioned to you that you have come a long way in a short time, as someone else that has been on here for a relatively short time.
    Me I haven't been here that long either and I should post an introduction and a bio. myself.
    I believe you are allowed to introduce yourself once.
    To answer the question......
    I refer back on my posts to see if I have struck a chord with anybody or more importantly to correct a misunderstanding I have created.
    I get PM's and other notes from people either thanking me or lambasting me for what I have said.

In the photo section I have been brutally honest sometimes, like those on reality shows when the singing or cooking is not up to scratch.
    I make sure I have not offended anyone as people do post photos with enthusiasm and in good faith.
    If they ask for an honest opinion they usually get it.

I would say to both you and Julie, your posts are thought provoking
    and I usually take the comments in.

Eryn, being a moderator you do give thoughtful replies even if you have to put the rest of us in line.
    To the 20 odd year olds here have a good time and learn.
    I may get wiser some day as well.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I just went back and looked thru my old posts. The one thing that stuck out was how many folks that were active four years ago have fallen off the radar and have either left or gone silent for whatever reason. As for personal growth.....not so much, but I enjoy the interaction with the group, the various perspectives of the members, (even if I don't agree with some) the great insights from some of the GG's like Reine, and yes Beverly, I enjoy your brutal honesty and metaphors too! Karrens humor always lightens the mood, and keeps me smiling.
    One thing that never ceases to amaze me is all the new members that join every day, and some of the stunningly beautiful people that share their photos with us.

Thanks!
    Transtronaut

You must first find yourself before you can discover your future-

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    Yes, I've done that. I look back at how scared and silly I must have seemed at first. Eventually, of course, I went "on hiatus," because everything came down to my telling my fiancee, and, until I could muster up the courage to do that, I didn't think being here would do me a lot of good. Fast-forward to last October, and it's amazing how much I've blossomed since then. But I still have a ways to go yet...and the other ladies here have been and continue to be of great help as I move further ahead.

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

I am right now. I never expected to end up where I did. Life is a highway.

yes and learen from all of you

Never to old to stop learning. Always look back and review posts.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    Just like some one said, "writing things down helps". As I have looked over what I have written often, and I am reminded of things forgotten, or repressed, which has helped me to better understand myself in a better way. Life is a journey on a twisting road, and to better understand, and accept one's self, makes the journey easier. The help and encouragement of others who are going through the same things has been a big help.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

I have been here about a year and a couple months, not much to really look back at right now, not much has changed. I agree the forum has helped me alot especially accepting the fact that yes, I am a CD. Maybe in time I will go back but right now I just wish to look forward
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Hi Jennifer! You're sweet and I'm glad to see you're very active on the forum. I think you do a great service to others. I check in occasionally when I have a few minutes away from work (I work from home exclusively so work is always "there"), and I post pretty infrequently. I just don't have much to say that isn't said better by you and others. I'm grateful to you and think you're a wonderful person. I would like to hang out but distance prevents that. But to answer your question, no, I've never looked back at my posts. I'm very critical of myself and suspect I'd not think positively about it. Good and original thread, BTW!

Oh yeah, I see mostly the same ideas but mainly different names I used. Even so, I have evolved since 2006 as a person. When we don't something is seriously wrong the way I see it.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I do at times to reflect like most of you girls. The forum has armed me with knowledge so I do not have to beat myself up anymore.
    I am an Artist working in all Mediums including Sexy

I look back at my past posts and the clarity and wisdom that is displayed is amazing, btw I'm very modest about all of my abilities. Really I love the Forum and its members, it has helped my CD gowth & understanding immensely.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud