Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Do you half dress?

I haven't owned a pair of men's jeans in 10 years. I mix in other pieces whenever I can and feel like it. I recently told a friend I was a crossdresser, he was supportive but said he was a bit surprised because he thought I was the manliest guy he knew! I guess I can't be too obvious or strange looking when I mix it up!

Other things that mix well are some jackets, not too flared dress pants, knee length fitted shorts, tunics (my fav to mix) and casual bags. I have a purse that is made out of army surplus materials. It's pretty cute as a purse, but military and rugged enough looking to pass for a "man-bag".

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I wear cami's under a Tshirt a lot and none of my close friends has ever said a word.
    The other day I went to a BBQ place I used to go to everyday on the way to work and the waitress gave me a hug, she was felt the straps and smiled at me.
    I said you just gave me a hug to feel my straps huh? She giggled and said yeah I just had to find out if it was a bra or a cami.LOL
    I wear ladies short jackets all the time in fall and spring and always get compliments from guys and girls.I do think the jackets are a good way to mix gender items in guy mode.
    People do assume I'm a rocker of some sort because I do mix gender clothing items a lot so it seems to be more acceptable.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 05-06-2013 at 12:03 PM.

Aspiring Member
    When I have the time and I am headed to the grocery store I will be under-dressed as a woman from panties, pantyhose and a all-in-one body brief with woman's jeans men's top or sweatshirt with some perfume sprayed on. I will also apply some light makeup when I have on my prescription sunglasses. In summer I carry my men's wallet in the jeans, in the winter I will have a men's coat and will carry my woman's billfold in my coat.

You will be pleasantly surprised that hardly anyone will notice girl's shirts,tees and jeans, - every now and then another girl will catch it.
    Have fun out and about!

Cheers,

Kay

Yes I mix it up a bit
    The minute you think of giving up think of the reason you held on for so long

I still only dress fully in private. I do under dress to go out and run errands etc. As it is finally warming up here I realized that I would be having to eliminate the pantyhose and stockings from my under wardrobe. I was out shopping today with panties, bra and stockings. It was great!
    Leesa xo

wow Eva! that gives me some good ideas!
    I have been wanting to go out en femme a lot more now, but don't want to go through to trouble of makeup and wig. just feel like dressing.
    And it looks like you have managed to make it look pretty good! I need to work on that

I wear AE jeans every day and soft girl shirts that would you have to own one to know its a girl shirt. Nobody seems to notice.

Quote Originally Posted by kaytrans View Post
    You will be pleasantly surprised that hardly anyone will notice girl's shirts,tees and jeans, - every now and then another girl will catch it.
    Have fun out and about!

Cheers,

Kay

Quote Originally Posted by FelicityMay View Post
    wow Eva! that gives me some good ideas!
    I have been wanting to go out en femme a lot more now, but don't want to go through to trouble of makeup and wig. just feel like dressing.
    And it looks like you have managed to make it look pretty good! I need to work on that
    I'm glad you like the outfits! Keep checking back on it because I am trying to add new outfits at least one every other day or so. If you lose this thread, my site is listed in my profile.

Lingerie always--lots of bras won't show under men's shirts, especially with sweater or sport coat. On weekends, women's trainers & cotton or nylon socks; women's jeans; often women's polo shirts, even when I'm getting dressed at the gym. Also have some blouses that look mannish except for girl-side buttons. Often go out fully en femme & no one notices.

Lainie

You're only young once, but you can be immature forever!

I wear gg jeans all the time. Not the fancy thin jeans ( I wish) but like levis 529's.
    I sometimes wear a nice cami under my male shirts.

Always panties and such and a waist cincher if I can.

It keeps me a little grounded

Aspiring Member
    I sometimes try to incorporate something girly into my attire when I go out to a party or clubbing. Usually it's flared jeans or a girls hoodie. I've worn boots with a small heel before too. I'd like to do more but dont have the courage to. Having said that, I did wear a lyca bodysuit under my regular suit to a job interview today. Interestingly, I felt more confident wearing it.

Yes I have been know to wear the panties and sometimes hose under my dress pants. It feels good knowing that underneath is a woman but a man on the outside, it is especially a good feeling when in a group of men and visiting and knowing what I am wearing underneath.

Some shoes are casual enough. I've worn jeans and some T-shirts. Panties are a given. And hose in the winter. I absolutely love woman's socks. I've had people do the double take at socks more often than anything else.

Silver Member
    I have not partially dressed, but have thought about it and might do so. If I get dressed, I do enjoy going all the way.

What about wearing some make up? Or a short wig? Or some jewelry?

Mixing men's and women's clothes is how I dress all the time. I always wear panties and when wearing casual clothes it is usually women's shorts or jeans with pantyhose and mary-janes or ballet flats. My philosophy is that if women can have a "tomboy look" why can't men have something similar. In particular, I find my mary-janes and ballet flats more comfortable than any other shoes I own, and jeans with a little stretch are more comfortable than most men's jeans.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    ...... how much women clothing do you blend with your male form? .... im tempted to start going out in girls t-shirts or jeans
    I think that half dressing can feel less stressful than going 100% in a way. If you are going about your day, wearing womens jeans/shoes/tops etc, but still have a guy face, you have the impression of "I'm just wearing these clothes because i like them". But if you put on make up and a wig and try to pass, anyone who can tell you are a guy gets the impression of "I'm trying to look like a girl".
    I'll add my 2 cents into this thread. Yes, absolutely you can wear fairly obvious women's clothes as a guy and get away with it. "Getting away with it" meaning that, depending on what you are wearing, people will notice, some won't but no one is going to give you a hard time about it. That's to say, that what my experience has been over the years. Typically, my "girly boy mode" is panties and a bra underneath and a pair of girl's fitted jeans with a women's slightly fitted tee with perhaps a somewhat feminine hoodie on top. I usually wear earrings and a baseball cap too. On my feet I either wear women's tennis shoes, Women's Navy Keds, or flip flops showing my painted toenails. Ok, I see people's eyes looking me up and down all the time but no one has ever said anything or made me feel awkward. I just either ignore them or smile back at them. It's your life, do want you want to do. It's all legal and we live in a free country
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar
    Never. I dress to be Cheryl and Cheryl doesn't do anything by halfs.

here is the category that i fall into. since i don't really have a fem mode and i ditched my full male mode years ago i'm pretty much a "girly man" or "manly girl." with that i will normally wear a tshirt with a knee length denim skirt, girl jeans with a t shirt, granted the only thing girly about them is the fit. i also wear women's cardigans with otherwise male clothes and occasionally a woman's top with men's jeans. I quite often will wear a dress with combat boots. it looks better than it sound. all of the above outfits include no bras no wigs or no makeup, I am unmistakably male. i rarely get questions and have always been treated with respect barring a couple instances. so in my opinion genderblend your wardrobe however you can. it's whats been working for me.
    skirts rule pants drool!!

Like most of us, I often 1/2 dress - love panties & pantyhose (when cooler). I used to worry that folks would recognize the pantyhose as my pants leg pulled up or if I bent over. Now I don't care - part of the fun is the potential recognition. But above all I try to wear a bra - just makes me feel good. If I can only wear one article of feminine clothing it's my bra. I've gotten looks adjusting my bra straps or being seen through my shirt - always fun!
    The Wise Ol' Momma Owl....Darla Jean

From the neck down just about all my clothing these days is girly (no skirts or dresses) unless I am attending a support group meeting. Have alovely day. Charla

Happily Married CD !! Ina Girdle's Avatar
    It's all about under-dressing for me. Just started to build my wardrobe. Bra (with breast-forms at home) and Girdle, underneath. Now that summer is coming will most likely switch to just lovely nylon full cut brief panties under my khakis & golf shirt and a delicate bra (no forms) when I can get away with it. Ina