Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What should I do when a GG laughs?

Banned Read only

What should I do when a GG laughs?

I was just womdering how some of you handle a GG laughing> Should i just flirt with them, give them a compliment or just smile? Im usually in jeans, leather jacket uggs or high heeled boots WHICH IS PERFECT FOR ME. I tried a new look but maybe i was just over dressed, animal print coat and pleeded skirt. The jeans, leather coat and boots really seem my best fit for my look.

I have no experience there yet, but I would assume that the correct thing to do is nothing.
    It's probably not worth escalating.

Banned Read only
    Engaging someone politely always disarms them (drunk men, aside).

I would check my zipper or look to see if I am wearing some of my lunch. Otherwise, I would just smile and carry on
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Laugh back, at how closed-minded and rude they are.
    "Don't hate me just for wanting to feel beautiful."

It costs absolutely nothing to smile Hon.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Laugh with her. Say something like "I'm still working on it". Open the door for a conversation.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

Being from Chicago, my first reaction would be to kick them in the head...
    I would probably opt for Jenna's option as it's still slightly confrontational, but disarming humorously.

It would depend on what they are laughing about. If it is just the fact I am dressed this way I would just smile at them and then ignore them. If it was rude or cruel I would remove myself from the situation. (and probably cry later)
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Depends.....If you look better than she does laugh back and call her names. If she looks better than you ask for tips.

Sometimes they do, just do not let them win, the above advise to smile and try to be positive even if it hurts. Remember the happy face.
    I've come to the conclusion that it's none of my business what other people's opinion of me is.

Green_Eyed_Polock's GG NurseSamGG's Avatar
    You could always use my favorite line when someone pisses me off just simply smile and say "Ahh sorry sweetie you must just be a special kind of stupid" :-)
    Xoxo....Sam

I don't know, it's never happened to me. Not because they probably wouldn't but I have made very little contact the three times I have been out. Just hold your head up and pay them no attention. Attention is what they are after anyways and depriving that attention seems the better way to go. That or laugh back because they look so manly and say "well, someone has to wear pretty things, your not " lol

Or what Sam said lol, I like that one also
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

I'd go with Jenna here, or just smile and go about my business. It would be bad if it were a group of GGs giggling or so. The few times it happened to me I just start a conversation with the person(s), it usually turns out well.

Most of the time I get the opposite reaction, they ask where I got the heels/skirt/dress from etc. Some of them are amazed at how well I navigate the rough sidewalk surfaces here in the UK in heels.

Hugs
    /Giovanna
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Smile and Thank Her for the Compliment.

Platinum Member
    Are you talking about strangers on the street or in the store. In my experience that has never happened. But if it does happens, I would look her in the eye and smile. Nothing diffuses a situation like a smile.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Just smile and go on about your business they will see they have no effect and that ends the laughter.
    In fact I got laughed at today did it stop me or make me feel bad? Nope.
    Stopped to buy gas went in and paid, the cashier was nice enough at first I could tell she saw a guy with mascara and thought it was funny.
    When I got in my car I noticed the girl behind me in line inside was laughing with the cashier as they were both looking at me.
    I just smiled and gave them a wave.
    As the girl exited the store she looked right at me and smiled a smile that was the "you are are such a freak smile". I smiled back letting her know she didn't bother me one bit.
    Eye contact is key to showing you are not worried about what they think.
    I was wearing jeans and a tee shirt and neither were overly girly so I was presenting in guy mode.
    Last edited by Tracii G; 03-18-2013 at 11:37 PM.

Me too ,, I love to laugh ,, Tell ya what ?? Hell I wouldn't know what there laughing at first off ,,Cuz people have laughed at me all my life for one reason or another ,,, Good or Bad ! Hey if they are laughing there likely not to attack you ?

Now that's a Perk !!!
    Last edited by Sandra; 03-19-2013 at 04:31 AM. Reason: quote removed read the rules about quoting posts.

Banned Spammer
    You tell em' GF.
    Last edited by Sandra; 03-19-2013 at 04:32 AM. Reason: quote removed read the rules about quoting posts.

Silver Member
    If they are laughing at you in a malicious sense (I assume that is what you mean), ignore them. All kidding aside, DO NOT escalate it with them, it just isn't worth the potential trouble.

In fact, this weekend at the Keystone Conference I was out in public for dinner with some folks and a GG walked by and gave us a dirty look. A person with us yelled "you are just jealous" to her, and while I admit this was very funny I was also scared her boyfriend would come back and hit us or something.

Banned Spammer
    Its best not to feed the fire so to speak.
    If you retaliate you are just "showing yourself" and sinking to their level.
    Best to show you are classier than they are.

Aspiring Member
    Step 1: Evil smirk

Step 2: Let your heels hit slightly harder

Step 3: Refuse to acknowledge her existence from this moment on.....

Works every time.

-Donni-

Quote Originally Posted by jsunic_1978 View Post
    I was just womdering how some of you handle a GG laughing> Should i just flirt with them, give them a compliment or just smile? Im usually in jeans, leather jacket uggs or high heeled boots WHICH IS PERFECT FOR ME. I tried a new look but maybe i was just over dressed, animal print coat and pleeded skirt. The jeans, leather coat and boots really seem my best fit for my look.
    The first time I saw a crossdresser I laughed and started probably more than I should have. It was really just a way of handling an unfamiliar situation, not because I disapproved, but because I was curious. It's possible this lady has simply never seen a crossdresser before, and is using laughter in the same way: to disguise her unfamiliarity.

I'd do whatever comes naturally. Most likely, I'd just give a quick smile and move on with my life.

- Becky

You could laugh at the GG that is laughing at you and just have a good time!
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

I have no idea of the context of her laughing, or what's she's laughing at. Is it you? Does she laugh to cover her fear? Or is she enjoying the moment?
    You never mentioned if the conversation involved you.

So therefore, I can't rule out any judgement.