Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Told a GG Friend About my Crossdressing...

Told a GG Friend About my Crossdressing...

I recently told a close GG friend about my crossdressing and she didn't bat an eyelid. What is your experience in telling friends and loved ones?
    Last edited by Xandra; 03-20-2013 at 07:49 AM.

Banned Read only
    Thats wonderful. I hope she'll continue not worrying about it

wife, daughters and 1 BFF, they are all very supportive
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    I too told one gg friend. She was very accepting being that a few years ago when she was in college she was friends with a cd. So the topic wasnt new to her and she was very accepting. Its a relief to be able to confide in someone and not have to keep it all hidden.
    Erica

I have told a few people recently and all have been very supportive.
    My sister has started buying clothes for me.
    Another GG friend is totay excited to go shopping together

I never would have believed this sort of acceptance.
    It make my life all seem diffeerant, in a great way.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

I have only told my wife and my best GG friend. My GG friend is bi so for her it was no biggie. I don't think I will be telling anyone else soon though.

The people I share with knew me for quite some time and have not changed their treatment of me

When I was younger my friends were all accepting and curious because I presented well.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Woman and loving it Jennifer Marie P.'s Avatar
    Nothing they already knew and was very supportive about it.
    Pinkessence Transliving Urnotalone

I've told nearly every girl I've been out with and had a positive or neutral reaction mainly. I told one girl I really had hopes for a long term relationship with and she disappeared! But that then led me to a relationship with a young woman who embraced my dressing and played out some interesting lesbian scenes...A few of my male friends know and have accepted it in the main. My sisters and brother know but don't like to talk about it. Which is ok. I told them primarily because I live on my own nowadays and, should something happen, they won't now be too surprised to discover me in girly mode.
    "Slipping into stockings, stepping into shoes"
    The shortness of life prevents us from entertaining far-off hopes. From Horace’s Odes, Book 1,4

So far, only the GF knows. we are however planning on moving in together, and in the same building will be a couple from work. I'm thinking of letting them know, as there is more than a small possibility they will stumble upon me wearing a skirt, better they know up front in that case, rather than have it seem something furtive. I'm pretty sure they'll be cool with it.
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

I told my wife's best friend that way my wife would have someone to talk to about my dressing. She took is very well and is very open to it. I am very lucky to have a person like her.

I told my best friend in the whole world....she was surprised, but it went over fine. She lives half a state away and we don't see each other very often. Then one night I just showed up enfemme. She was impressed and had no problem with it, we even went shopping at thrift stores a couple of weekends. Unfortunately, I found out that she wanted to be more than friends, and I didn't,(what was I thinking?) and so now she hasn't talked to me in almost a year. It was still a very good feeling to be able to tell her and show her about me.

Suzanne

I told my wife and a mutual friend of ours. The friend used to work at Lane Bryant. But didn't after I told her. Blarg. Could have had a discount.

Everyone knows - family, milady, coworkers, band, shooting club... and when they do catch up with me enfemme, it's usually a chuckle. Oddly enough, most of them say ||I'm more restrained as a gurl. This ladylike-thing is contagious.
    Have fun,
    Shae

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    The first person I told was about 15 years ago when I was single. She was my best friend at the time (a GG) ... it didn't go well. She told me in a rather disappointed voice that I should "seek professional help" My wife knows and is a very enthusiastic participant in my dressing (been married 10 years now). My wife's sister knows and is encouraging too. My wife's son knows but never really talks about it.
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

I've only told a couple people. One of them was a former girlfriend who was supportive and encouraged me to go out all dressed up several times with her. And the other was one of my best GG friends who went with me a year or so ago when I had my navel pierced. It kinda slipped out to her when she questioned my piercing choice. LOL My best GG friend is super supportive and actually wasn't surprised.

Told daughters and a small number of friends. Results were mostly neutral. Relationships didn't change. They seldom bring it up in conversation--so I think they think I am a little weird.

Mostly good, but my daughter won't have anything to do with me.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

My wife has known for a while but we recently decided to tell everyone because we are most likely separating. So now our adult sons, my family, her family and all our close friends know. I was afraid of a bad reaction because my greatest fear was someone finding out, but everyone has been very supportive.

I'm sorry to hear that, Steph. Separation is hard, I went through it. I wish you and your family all the best as you redefine your lives.
    Reine

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    My second Ex knows and she wasn't at all surprised and seems fine with it.

Fishers by Indianapolis switcheralso's Avatar
    I have told a few people and I have never had a push back. I think people are more open then we think. Everyone has something to share.
    True
    Friendship

“A friend is one who knows us, but loves us anyway”
    Fr. Jerome Cummings

When you tell them you are probably of the TS mindset,you sometimes get a different reaction..

My son (19) asked me if I was gay. I said no, I don't think so. My youngest daughter (17) seems fine with it. I don't present as female when with them, but I am usually dressed in women's jeans & shirts. So far, they seem fine with it. They know I have a very strong feminine side and I am trying to learn more about myself.

I have an older GG confidant at work, she is very cool. I expect that little by little she'll let my secret out, and then it won't be a secret anymore. I dress 90% fem at work anyway, and I've quit pretending to be all man. So there is probably not much secret left there anyhow.