Thread: How do you know what bra size to get?

How do you know what bra size to get?

In particular the cup size?

Ok pink there are sites on the web that will tell you how to measure your chest to get the right size to wear, you need a soft tape that ladies use first,hugs,
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

Gold Member
    There are many articles on how to measure a bra. Most clothing sites like Lane Bryant,
    or Woman With-In will walk you through it with a short video.
    It is up to you as to how large you want your breast to look. Once you solved that question,
    you hunt is on for that special bra.
    Rader

I am thinking of buying some breast forms..

Something like:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Silicone-B...item483f8e8c1a

Are they practical for everyday use and are they fairly realistic? i know it's probably a case of the more you pay the better they are..

If you havent bought your forms yet, measure your chest on your natural breast bottom line and then pick a size that seems to be most commonly available.
    Thats what I did, lands me with a 38D or DD
    Samantha -x-

What size forms is determined by your body size. The same form that is a D on a fairly small frame would be a B on a large frame and would likely look out of place. Some places like Janets Closet will help you over the phone to find the right size for your body.

I have several sets. From fairly small which give me a B cup which looks best most times, and a larger pair that is thinner that gives more projection and looks good in certain outfits. I also have a jumbo set I do not use anymore because they just look too big.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

yes you could wear them ,first just think how big you really want your breast to be, the larger the size the more weight they are, also look at the advestive to get the most feeling like to have real breast, hugs.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

Go to a CD friendly shop and get measured. That's what I did to see what the actual size bra I wear. Then you can discuss forms and such.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

For cup it's a personal choice, take a look at GGs your size and ask them their cup size. JK!
    You can experiment with bidding n hose or birdseed n hose with different sizes until you come up with what you like.
    One of the advantages over women in general is you can go with any size you like!

The bra size calculator at www.glamorise.com is one of the very few that work for me.

Perhaps a bra fitting boutique would be willing to find your band size and give you a cup size recommendation. As band size increases, so does the average cup size. An A or B cup might look good with a 32 to 34 inch band, but it would look small on a 40 inch band. Clothes are generally sized according to average cup size for the band size.

Girl underconstruction Paulette's Avatar
    Follow the above advice and take a look at a women sizing guide for bras you will notice that there will be more selections in cup size in relation to band size. D not cheat on the and size once you know that you can see where the cup size begin. A 42C is not that popular but a 42 D or DD is so go with a cup that is in what I call the popular range and should do OK?
    Just and older girl trying to experience all that life can bring.
    "Life is not a dress rehearsal"

Platinum Member
    Hi Pink , Measure your band size and then figure out what projection that you want .

Go to www.janetscloset.com watch the video about breast forms .

An example a size 36D , a size 38C, a size 40B and a size 42A is all the same size form.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I've always wanted to be a busty 50s blonde bombshell,so I got a sizeable pair of forms and then bras to fit them.I absolutely LOVE them.They look so real it's amazing.In certain bras they even bounce a little. I now sport a convincing 44DD.A life long dream come true.Barbara

I started with an E cup as I used water balloons that could fill them.
    My breast forms were a size C, so I bought C cup bras (I was 97Kg)
    Now I mostly use push up bras without breast forms (I'm currently 70Kg)
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

What I do is I buy the push up bras from VS and wear those without anything in them. They still look very natural against your clothing. I suppose this only works for modest dressers that don't show cleavage like I do. I personally only go with a size B since I like to seem proportioned to my body size.

Hi,

Simple the one that fits, if your a female ,

You go into a bra shop & ask as youv not said any measurements like height weight waist size hip size & breast size & measure across the shoulders makes it rather hard to quess,

You see bra size is only one part of it, what size cup are you, avg is A B C D,

So as an idear weight 11 stone = 154 ib's height 5 9 ,skirt 16 = 34 to 35 in's hips 39 in's. breasts 16 d = 41 in's ( real )

the breast size is around the back infront of your breasts at the fullest distance so get some forms you think will look nice say b or c then measure again then that will be approx , try a fitting & try a few different ones.

now you could have a 14 16 or 18 all with different cup size's b c or d & all could look nice, depending on your body size,

A 14 was a bit small for me so a 16 is pretty good cup is d, as it is iv not worn bra's for over 10 months as i was at the time not able to wear or put them on due to being injured my breasts sit just nicely so i may not bother with bra's again.

hope this help's .

...noeleena...

Woman and loving it Jennifer Marie P.'s Avatar
    The best way is to get a professional bra fitting.
    Pinkessence Transliving Urnotalone

Quote Originally Posted by Rachelakld View Post
    My breast forms were a size C, so I bought C cup bras
    As Rachel says buy the cup size to fit the breast forms.

Maria
    The Fallen Madonna with the Big Boobies

I agree, the best way is to get a fitting done, other wise you spend too much money trying different sizes. I ahve had 4 bra fittings in the last 8 months and lived thru them all. Call the shop and ask if they do fittings for males and the best time to come in. If you get the SA name on the phone, ask for her when you get there and it wil be a more personal experience

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by pinknos View Post
    In particular the cup size?
    Breasts should visually balance the hips. Hips should visually balance the shoulders. Your waist is another factor. Work backward. Get your hips right, cinch your waist if necessary, then choose a breast size. Classic Curves can help. Or, if you are in a hurry, it's hard to go wrong with a c-cup.

I go to Janet's closet for mine fast and easy and very helpful

A lot of great advice already. For me, the cup size was a guess. I decided that I wanted a C cup, since that seemed about right (random guess?!) and later went with a D cup, since it was more in proportion with my upper body.

Since you can pick your cup size it is both easier and harder. Easier, since you don't have to fit what is already there, but harder because you have to figure out what is in proportion to your body and that's a toughie.

Best of luck.
    If I had any idea that therapy, hair removal, hair transplants, doctors and medications were so expensive I would have planned to be rich first.

I was about to reply but it has all been covered.
    Preference goes a long way to choosing cup size.
    I prefer smaller, B or C for me.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Hi Girls,

I've seen that Janets Closet recommends that you take your chest measurement below you bust (this will be your Form size) - however, if I understand this correcly, you then need to add 4 inches to get you bra BAND size.

e.g. Chest measurement is 32, then you should order forms 32{desired cup size] e.g 32C
    The bra size would then be 32+ 4 => 36C

These instructions maybe specific to Janets Closet. I've heard over people say take you chest mesaurement and then reduce by 2 inches.!

Does anyone have any simple guidelines?
    Hugs

Sammy
    xoxox