Thread: What dressing means to me.

What dressing means to me.

I have been struggling with this issue my entire life. It has only been recently that I’ve learned to come to terms with it. What I have figured out is my fem side is a part of my whole self. Can’t have one without the other. My fem side makes me a better person. I am more understanding, don’t fly off the handle, I look at things from different angles before coming to any conclusions.

Dressing is also comforting, relaxing and just feels right. I have gotten a late start with this but I am okay with that. I’m finally doing something. And for the first time in a long time, I feel good.

I am the same allie. being able to dress in front of my wife is a big step for a middle aged man especially with having to hide it for so long. Now I dress and enjoy

Dear happyallie, It is so awesome to experience the peace and joy dressing brings to me. I am glad that you are fulfilling that part of your soul. My first wife was not accepting but my current(11 years) and forever wife loves to share my dressing. She understands how my feminine side makes me a better person, a better friend, and a better lover. I am 66 years old now and the thrill of cross dressing just gets better and better. If you feel like it send me a private message sometime and I'll tell you a bunch more about life and lesbian love in rural Missouri.
    Peace, Stephanie G

Hi happyallie, So pleased to learn you have come to terms wit your fem side, I took a number of years to realise that dressed I was a far happier person, an accepting wife also played a large part of my acceptance, as time has passed dressing plays a very important part in our lives, and I am sure you will soon make up for your late start and your enjoyment in dressing will increase.

Hugs
    Mandy

For me it is the realization that I have a very feminine side (gurlie side would be a better phrase). I have rejected it for years and kept it suppressed. Since engaging this forum, I have begun to accept it as a part of my total self, and that dressing is a means to express it to myself. I haven't begun to sense where I will be down the road, but there is a road there now. I haven't gotten past the exhileration phase when I dress. Maybe when I can partially dress for more than a couple hours.

Quote Originally Posted by happyallie View Post
    ...my fem side is a part of my whole self. Can’t have one without the other.
    There, in a nutshell. Nice to see you think you're a better person with being gender-gifted...
    Have fun,
    Shae

There are many here who have had struggles similar to yours and have also reached a point where they now "feel good". It is a good feeling!
    Hugs, Carole

Totally agree with the relaxing and anti stress!

That's a great sentiment Allie! I'm thrilled you've found a comfortable place for yourself.

-Bree

Hi, I feel I am at my best when dressed, calmer and happier than I've ever been. So congrats on your personal discovery...Hugs Jaymee

Being Arlene is so calm & relaxing, after more than 50 years of CD'ing I am now the real me !
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

Allie,good for you. It sounds like you finally really understand that your fem side is an important part of your total self. Acceptance and understanding make you feel a whole lot better.I know it has been through the girls here that I have come to understand that about myself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Allesha

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by happyallie View Post
    Dressing is also comforting, relaxing and just feels right. I have gotten a late start with this but I am okay with that. I’m finally doing something. And for the first time in a long time, I feel good.
    Welcome Home.............

I couldn't agree or put it to words any better

Quote Originally Posted by Geena75 View Post
    For me it is the realization that I have a very feminine side (gurlie side would be a better phrase). I have rejected it for years and kept it suppressed. Since engaging this forum, I have begun to accept it as a part of my total self, and that dressing is a means to express it to myself. I haven't begun to sense where I will be down the road, but there is a road there now. I haven't gotten past the exhileration phase when I dress. Maybe when I can partially dress for more than a couple hours.

Hi Allie,

Like you, I ignored and rejected this side of myself as much as possible. For me it was social pressure - parents, coworkers & friends, then my own family.

Two years ago I decided to embrace this side of myself and I could not be more pleased. I have never liked myself much, but now I have found that I am caring and gentle, I look for the good in others and I am compassionate with them. These were qualities I did not know I possessed.

Welcome to the club, and I hope your journey brings to you as much as my journey has brought to me.

Michelle

Allie,
    Being able to dress freely without restrictions is a great relief.
    It means you can get on with life more easily.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by andrea lace View Post
    I am the same allie. being able to dress in front of my wife is a big step for a middle aged man especially with having to hide it for so long. Now I dress and enjoy
    I'm happier dressing. I hope to be able to do so with my wife someday, but she's not quite ready for that yet.

I love the feeling of being dressed up, not just because the clothes are comfortable, but just the feeling of beauty that I see in women every day!

Another thing that makes it unique for me though, is that my feminine side seems to be a completely different personality than my guy self. I don't know that I can officially say that I have "multi-personality disorder", but it does kind of feel like I am best friends with my other self

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    Allie, I'm a lot like you in that respect. I've learned to accept that I have two parts to my soul, the masculine and the feminine, and dressing brings out that feminine side, and I need to express that occasionally. And I've also accepted that it's actually a blessing. I am developing my ability to cross between my two selves, be comfortable in each role, and incorporate the experiences of both to improve my overall self.

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016