Thread: An Amazing Opportunity...

An Amazing Opportunity...

Well,

On a lark, I contacted a local trio of ladies who offer make-up artist services here in my area. I proposed a partnership with them offering makeover services for crossdressers and everyone in the transgendered community. Today, I went to their salon and met with them and had a very lovely time. They really commented on how well I presented myself, my make-up, etc. I must have been "hired" so to speak because starting next week and each week thereafter, I will be meeting the owner for private makeup lessons, free of charge! She is a certified MAC technician and licensed cosmetologist and also has extensive theaterical make-up experience. After bringing my look up to speed and teaching me the tools of the trade, she is going to turn me loose on unsuspecting TG clients. The other ladies will be standing by to jump in if I should stumble... So, I will soon be Ms. Jessica the part-time make-up lady complete with a fully functioning studio, a new and improved look, and even a cute little salon uniform...WOW! What a dream come true!

In a few weeks, be on the look out for a new, "economy" transformation service staffed by three amazing professionals and little old me operating in a certain steamy southern city...

Jessica
    Last edited by Miss Mandy; 03-21-2013 at 06:32 PM.

Sounds good Hon. Keep us posted as to how things work out.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

First I want to say congratulations.
    Does that mean you can give us tips on make up too.

Silver Member
    Fantastic!!! There should be more of those services available in all major cities!

That's so cool, may you have the best time doing something you seem to like.
    I've come to the conclusion that it's none of my business what other people's opinion of me is.

Too bad you're not up here in Portland!

I hope that you haven't mis-represented yourself to these ladies and are actually as well-connected to the local crossdressing community as you have apparently led them to believe.

If I read your note correctly, they are looking at you to be the conduit to a niche market that they haven't explored yet, and are counting on you to generate a substantial amount of new business for their salon as a result of your involvement with it. If you don't deliver the goods and this turns out to be a bust, all that goodwill is likely to go out the window really quickly, and that potentially negative experience will reflect badly not just on yourself, but the TG community as a whole.

Sounds as if you are really going out on a limb here...

Wow! That's really cool! I wish I lived closer. As Kate said: Keep us posted on how it goes.

Congratulations!

What city do I need to visit to use your services?

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    Wow, what a golden opportunity, Jessica! If I were in that area, I'd definitely want to come in for a makeover!

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Jessica,
    Good for you, is a bit of an understatement.
    You went out grabbed the opportunity and now hold on to it.
    I think that is wonderful.
    I will watch your progress with interest.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    Congrats Jessica - you are very enterprising - that is so impressive. And it sounds really fun too. If I'm ever down that way, I will have to pay you a visit!

You may be beginning with the intent of serving the CD community but with an improvement in your skills, you may find that the GG's will let you help them as well. Ross, at the MAC store in Fashion Valley in San Diego, is skilled with both types of clients.

Going for my first individual lesson from my potential partner on Thursday...I am strrting to think that our service could really take off...

Make-up Girl In Training

Gold Member
    Wow. Good for you Jessica. I look forward to seeing some of your skills in future photos!

That's so fantastic! I really wish that that kind of service was available where I live. I've been looking for a makeup artist who will come to the house to give my BF a makeup lesson (he doesn't go out in public ... yet, I'm hoping one day that will change) as I know it's something he would love but so far I haven't found anyone appropriate. I think it's a brilliant thing you are doing and I wish you lots of luck.

Platinum Member
    Hi Jessica, This sounds like the beginning of a franchise that could spread across the map.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

That's great! I wish there was something like that clase to me that wasn't over 120.00

Since you are doing this locally, and since I need all the help with my appearance I can get you really must tell me where you will be working. Bit louder please I'm having trouble hearing you.

SarahLynn
    Great leaders are not great because of their words or deeds but because of the greatness they inspire from others."
    (Legends of the StarDancer)