Thread: Crabby mood

Crabby mood

I really need to dress and I'm in a very crabby mood. It has been a while since the last time I dressed. I tried to tell my wife but don't know how to word it. All I told her it was my time of the month. I feel uncomfortable bringing it up even though she knows. I know that is what she wants me to do.

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Sorry? I am unclear as to what it is she wants you to do? Will she (probably) give her okay for you to dress if you tell her you need to?

Platinum Member
    Hi Stevie, Is it the guilt and shame that's holding you back ??

If so get over it and get dressed.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I guess if u can't say it, u won't play it, Stevie!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie View Post
    I really need to dress and I'm in a very crabby mood. It has been a while since the last time I dressed. I tried to tell my wife but don't know how to word it. All I told her it was my time of the month. I feel uncomfortable bringing it up even though she knows. I know that is what she wants me to do.
    I understand, I believe, Stevie
    Before we separated, I had told my wife about my dressing and even though she knew, I had this uncomfortable feeling of dressing because I somehow knew "it wasn't alright" with her because I knew deep down that she didn't like it and wanted no part of it. That makes it difficult to enjoy it.

Banned Read only
    "Honey, do you mind if I have a few hours of girl time this weekend?"

It's as easy as that

Stevie, to steal a line from Hunter Thompson, "I don't advocate the use of ...(phrase deleted)..., but it works for me!" I got my late wife a bit tipsy on wine, following a fantastic spaghetti dinner I prepared for her. As we talked afterwards, on the second bottle of wine, I put my wig on and suggested we go out for a GNO. She laughed her @$$ off at that. The following Saturday, she told me to get dressed up, she wanted to go out as two girls. This wasn't the first time she'd seen me dressed; it was a recurring theme for Halloween.
    As I said, it worked for me. I have never revealed this to anyone before.

Leah
    Last edited by Leah Lynn; 03-21-2013 at 10:19 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.

If she knows you dress, do you ask for permission?
    If not just do it, it is more subtle that way.
    When I come home from work I get changed.
    I change when I go to work.
    Change into what?
    My other clothes of course.
    I would work towards that......
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Leah Lynn View Post
    Stevie, to steal a line from Hunter Thompson, "I don't advocate the use of ...(phrase deleted)..., but it works for me!" I got my late wife a bit tipsy on wine, following a fantastic spaghetti dinner I prepared for her. As we talked afterwards, on the second bottle of wine, I put my wig on and suggested we go out for a GNO. She laughed her @$$ off at that. The following Saturday, she told me to get dressed up, she wanted to go out as two girls. This wasn't the first time she'd seen me dressed; it was a recurring theme for Halloween.
    As I said, it worked for me. I have never revealed this to anyone before.
    Leah, your're a genius! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    "Honey, do you mind if I have a few hours of girl time this weekend?"

It's as easy as that
    Simple and to the point Thanks. Just hard to look her in the eyes and say these words to her though. So mind mind draws a blank.

Try not to sound so deflated, like you are going to commit mass murder.
    Just go to her and say, babe Im taking some me time this weekend.
    Say it with a happy smile, and then add and this is IMPORTANT,
    "And if you like , we could maybe have a night to go to the movies, or something you would like to do "
    If you have children, offer to take them out so she can have her time.
    If you have it in your mind that you are doing something wrong, well it will always be that way everytime you need to dress....
    I am Loved because I am me, not just because I accept.

Banned Read only
    Simple and to the point Thanks. Just hard to look her in the eyes and say these words to her though. So mind mind draws a blank.
    And every time you do it, it gets easier to say. It's a public admission of your cross dressing, that's why you are embarrassed. It will go away

"Honey, I need to change out of this crabby mood I'm wearing and wear something more comfortable."
    DonnaT

All I told her it was my time of the month.
    and in most cases saying that to a GG is not gong to get you anything but

Once again I have to ask...and you wonder WHY women don't accept TG's?????
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Banned Read only
    I suspect the GG's answer would be the same answer you will get from a cross dresser who has not yet accepted himself. I think the vast majority of cross dressers go through a period of self doubt, self loathing, etc. Perhaps, a cross dresser will come to accept himself more readily than his wife because it is a mechanism to preserve himself. It may be self rationalization. Unless you've been there, how can you really identify with that person.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    and in most cases saying that to a GG is not gong to get you anything but

Once again I have to ask...and you wonder WHY women don't accept TG's?????
    Nobody with the exception of my wife knows I am a closeted cross dresser. Would it change anything for myself or my family, friends and neighbors if my cross dressing became general knowledge? With some, perhaps. I've been around long enough to see prejudice and ignorance arise in people over the discovery of just about anything.

Sometimes when a thread makes a reference to the anti cross dressing site (I can't recall the exact www) I really do not see any reasons why they exude hatred. Yes, they complain about it. But, why? Perhaps another thread???

I understand becoming irritable etc by going too long between dressing moments. My departed SO, who knew me quite well, would look at my grumpy self, and say something like, "Why don't you go be Jackie a while?!" Dressing can be therapeutic & I was lucky to have that girl.

Having shared this now, I have to agree that using the 'time of month' line or approach a VERY bad plan; I'd recommend never using a line like that. Rather, the open, "I need some girl time" request is better. Especially better if you can invite her to participate, but equally as sincere is offering her similar 'me' time by agreeing to take the kids for a movie or something & giving her some of that precious me time.

Good Luck!