Thread: Wisdom from my fiancee

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar

Wisdom from my fiancee

I'm currently drying off from my bath after an evening of having gotten to be Amy once again, spending much of the evening on this site and Facebook, or listening to my "girly" music, and occasionally dancing. I went in and gave my fiancee a number of kisses, thanking her for continuing to be accepting and supportive. After all, I see stories here all the time about CDs whose spouses are cold or actively hostile towards their dressing, and I know I lucked out big time.

My fiancee made a comment to that: "It takes a strong and accepting woman to be able to deal with a husband who's a crossdresser. If she can't, she's not strong enough, or not willing enough." Which is true enough; some (most?) women are simply not equipped to deal with "their man" as a woman. They can learn, but the resistance might very well destroy the relationship first.

So, to those of you whose SOs are as accepting and supportive as my fiancee: be sure to tell them how much you appreciate them and their attitude, on a regular basis. And for those whose SOs are just the opposite, please believe that it's not your fault; you can't help being what you are, and your situation is all too common. (And for those who are still alone, take heart; women with the strength and acceptance of my fiancee are not impossible to find. Tough, yes, but not impossible.)

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Amy,
    I find that having an accepting spouse is half the battle of being CD.
    I do feel for those that have not solved this problem.
    At least we can go off into our own little worlds freely and live life to the full without deceit.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I did not expect my wife to be accepting when I first told her. I wouldn't know what to do if I never had her support I guess those of us who do have accepting SOs are truly fortunate. I have read some stories on this forum of CDers that have a difficult relationship or even no relationship due to cross dressing. We are the lucky ones and I let my wife know on a regular basis. Letting our SOs know that they are not taken for granted is a must.

Amy, yes it is nice to be able to have a support SO, and not come off the wall, just because you like to be a woman too, i agree there are women out there that can overlook just girls and just see the love of another person.Very nice write up girl, i hope you get many coments on it. hugs.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

Miriam
    I agree, Amy. I'm careful to acknowledge my wife's support frequently and in many ways. But I also like your quote from your fiancee and intend to share it with her when she gets home. Thank you.

Miriam

I agree! For 34 years, she has done so much for me that I want to make her life as good and I can. And in the end, her happiness = my happiness!
    Stephanie

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    You are very lucky indeed, Amy

I am fortunate in having a similar level of support from my GF. I had hoped so when I told her, ( we were only friends at the time ) but I was worried that it might stop the relationship at friendship. As it turned out, the trust i showed in her helped, I think. Yes, she is a strong person, more so than me in many ways, and very special. I let her know I appreciate all she is frequently.
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

I agree Amy, I truly have been blessed with my SO. She has been nothing but wonderful about all of this and I never take that for granted. Your wife I think hit it right on the head. Insecure women certainly would have a problem with a CD SO.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

I am blessed also, and I make sure that my wife knows how I feel about her. I love her dearly and she is a strong woman to support me when I am wearing a skirt.
    Somtimes the light's all shining on me, Other times I can barely see.
    Lately it's occured to me.....What a long strange trip it has been.
    Truckin by the Grateful Dead

Gold Member
    I am very lucky as to have a Wife that is Totally OK with my dressing.
    All she asks is to not embarrass her. So I stay in the closet, But I do
    under dress as much as I can. I love this girl a whole bunch.
    Rader

Platinum Member
    Hi Amy, Allthough it's a Da - Dt my wife knows that I dress and as long as she doesn't have to see it that's great
    I still show her how much I love her every day.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    FYI, I did ask my fiancee if I could quote her words here. She said, "Sure!"

What she said might seem a little blunt to some, but she's a very straightforward and outspoken person by nature. She's not afraid to express her opinions. Which makes her favorable opinion of Amy all the more valuable.

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

I am blessed with a wife that is totally accepting. We were married just a little over a year, and she went on the "Geraldo" show with me. And that was almost 20 years ago. And, whenever she buys panties or bras for herself, she always includes purchasing some for me as well.

Amy, You are very fortunate to have such a wonderful fiancee,I have a supporting SO and realise how luck I am. I showed by SO your fiancees comments,and told how much I appreciated her support.
    We have been married for 48 years this April, and our love for each other grows stronger each year, acceptance of my dressing seeems to strengthen our bond.

Mandy