Although others seem to disagree I think AL and Blanchard too have many valid observations. Some of the AL observations fit me extremely well.

The thing with the social sciences VS the "hard" sciences (eg engineering, physics, etc) is that for the latter you can construct an experiment to test an hypothesis and either falsify the original hypothesis, or get more evidence it is true. In the end however, absolute proof of truth is always elusive, just out of reach. The social sciences can make no similar tests, all they can do is hypothesize and cite case studies that support their idea. There are always alternate hypotheses and case studies that don't conform. The fact that there are "different ideas" don't automatically make them wrong, only different.

Arguing who is a "real TS" serves no purpose in our community; society in general is opposed to us and infighting helps nobody. Sort of like blacks arguing who of them is "blacker". Humanity is a study in diversity and each one of us is unique in many respects. How some other person chooses to define their life or transition has NO impact on your life or transition. Feeling that their position "diminishes" your life displays more insecurity than objective perspective.

Just my $0.02,
Sandra1746