Thread: Pulled over last night

Pulled over last night

So last night I was all dolled up, and with nothing else to do in this little podunk town I live in, I decided to go out for a drive.

I was just driving along a seemingly abandoned stretch of road, when I noticed a set of headlights in my rearview. I was going exactly the speed limit (can't be too careful, you know), but the car came up pretty fast behind me. Just as I was thinking "Great, here's some jerkass who's going to be tailgating me for the next ten miles," the lights went on. Well, that's even worse than a tailgater.

So I pulled over and the officer came up to my window. He explained that I had swerved a little across the center line (gee, maybe because I was distracted by this car riding my bumper?) and he just wanted to make sure I wasn't drunk or on drugs. Negative on both counts, so he just checked my license and sent me on my way with an admonition to "be a little more mindful." Quickest and easiest traffic stop I've ever had!

I'll stress that he was totally professional, not a hint of a snicker or any comments about my fashion choices for the evening, no double-take when he saw how different I looked from my license pic. So kudos to you, Mr. Small-Town Cop.

sounds like a pointless stop. but at least he was cool about it
    I would have been terrified... haha

Probably trying to get his figures up.
    At least you had practice in being interrogated.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    I know in WI all it takes is a little swerve, a light out, anything. They are really doing their best to get drunk drivers off the road. Glad everything went smooth for you. I would have been shaking in my heels.
    Erica

Good thing you didn't have alcohol on your breath or he might have made you blow for him. :-)

probably had a lookout for someone in a car like yours, but had wrong driver

You would always think a small town cop would have giving you a harder time, that's great it all went well.

No one likes to get pulled over especially dressed but that one went well.
    I've come to the conclusion that it's none of my business what other people's opinion of me is.

This thread got me thinking.....I've been stopped about 2 times while driving en femme and never got a ticket. In drab I never was stopped and not ticketed....Guess it's better to drive en femme!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Susan V. Adams

I usually see the aftermath of a drunk driving. I work with 3 police departments and the state patrol. I am glad that your case turned out so well. I know one officer that had the state record for the most DUI convictions. And this is from a city of 2500 people.

Gold Member
    I imagine the cops are probably thinking more like, "I hope this isn't the SOB who pulls out a gun when I get to the window".
    Someone who is crossdressing is probably the least crazy thing they see in a day or week.

I would have said, "You should have mentioned how he was tailgating" but I suppose that would have got you a citation and since you didn't - water under the bridge.

We do have at least one police officer who posts here regularly and I remember her saying something about how they have to make so many "contacts" but I forget what she said about a citation quota or if there even is one.

On that note - I asked her in a PM, "CD's worry about getting pulled over, what would happen if someone IN the PD got pulled over?" and she was like, "I hope it never happens".

Years ago I got pulled over when I was still in the "part time" stage, I had wandered the wrong way down a one way. Professional and all but I did have to take my insurance docs to court cause I didn't have them that night. My dressing played no part in anything. Heck, I wasn't even cited, just given a thing for a court date. Showed judge insurance proof, he dismissed, all was fine.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Banned Read only
    Even if not en femme it is nerve racking to have a law enforcement officer riding your bumper. Thursday I had a motorcycle officer on my bumper for five miles through a single lane winding and hilly road with increase and decrease in speed limits. It was a total distraction to watch the rearview mirror for anyone while trying not to go over the center line by an inch.

The officer was probably covering his bases by telling you you were going over the center line. Good pretense for a stop. One of my long time family friends, who is a state trooper, told me, if an officer wants some reason to stop anyone all he has to do is stay behind you. Sooner or later you'll do something. He used that method before using a cell phone was a primary reason for a stop. Give the driver a ticket for an illegal lane change (no signalling) and also give them a ticket for cell phone usage.

I guess a useful hint for riding en femme is take along a pair of flats to change into if you have to walk the center line on a DUI stop. Or risk tearing up your hose.

I would rather have a Cop pull me over than to have the guys who are out to steal your car or beat you and leave you for dead. There are a lot of dangerous people out there and I would much rather be pulled over by a cop. I do know for a fact that there are a lot of cops that are crossdressers or have actually had the change. You would be surprised at the scum the cops see all the time, they would much rather pull over a crossdresser than a crazed maniac. I knew a guy that used to be a Sheriff and he said he thought being a sheriff meant meeting good people, but most of the people they come in contact with are scum.
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU

Last winter (this one isn't over yet!), I was returning home from a party en femme. I wasn't drinking that night, but it did start snowing and the wind had picked up, so I left early. I had 21 miles of country two lane blacktop to traverse and the snow was drifting across the roads. I had a deputy follow me the whole distance between towns. As the drifts were getting deep, I was driving in the oncoming lane most of the way. The next day I found out he was a deputy that I knew, so I called him up. He said he thought it was me and ran my plate to be sure. He said if I had been drunk, he still would have followed me; he didn't want to get stuck in his 4 wheel drive and knew I'd make it through in my car.
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.

I was pulled over years ago in my town on my way to work early one morning -- like 3 or 4 -- and the officer told me I crossed the center line TWICE. I told him I didn't think so. He was probably looking for drunks, but the bars were already closed for an hour or two. And, yes, I was drab.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Here in SoCal, we just had a bunch of cops ambush 2 poor, innocent women delivering newspapers in pre-dawn hours. They riddled their truck with bullets. Of course, the police board investigated and it was ruled simply, "a mistake". Gosh, it could have happened to anyone! Both GGs lived, by the way!

Stay away from cops! If the bad guys kill u, they go to jail. If the cops do it, even if you're innocent they MAY get a demerit in their record. But, all their cop buds will shout their drinks that evening!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    I guess a useful hint for riding en femme is take along a pair of flats to change into if you have to walk the center line on a DUI stop. Or risk tearing up your hose.
    This is a pretty great idea that I probably never would have thought of if not for this incident. Even though I was completely calm during the stop (shocking to me, since I'm normally a nervous nellie), I had the thought in the back of my head that if he wanted to give me any agility tests to see if I was drunk, I'd probably have flunked them just because I was wearing four-inch heels.

I didn't see too many all Winter. Seems they are like insects now that the weather is getting warmer. Gotta remember to keep fresh donuts in the car.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Outdoor girl seeking..... Sam-antha's Avatar
    Is it really illegal to drive just a bit over the centre line in your country, if there is no traffic approaching ? If i was to be stopped i would greatly prefer that the policeman was "honest" and told me that he was just doing a "licence check".
    ~Samm
    'Kerriana "Samantha.....i feel like I'm hearing her through fractured glass.. She makes sense if you kinda squint"

I have read all your excuses about being pulled over by LEOs when it appears you have done nothing wrong. The plain truth of the matter is you are guilty of DWF ( Driving While Female). I am not trying to be funny. This is a very serious matter that affects so many police departments. With a lot of police cars being equipped with on board cameras it is starting to subside some, but still LEOs will persist in doing it. My wife was stopped 3 mornings in a row by the same officer for "crossing the center line". The fourth morning I put a wig on that closely resembled her hair and I drove her car. I was pulled over in the same area she had been pulled over the 3 days before. You should have seen the look on the Officers face when he walked up to the car and I pulled the wig off and said what's the problem officer? First thing out of his mouth was " you are not ......" and then walked back to his car and left.

I've had 4 dealings with the police while en femme. The first was when I was driving on an interstate highway to meet some friends. It had just stopped raining after a heavy downpoor, and a car a short distance in front of me hydroplaned, left the highway and flew (literallly) over an embankment and overturned, landing on the drivers side. I stopped to help, luckily no one was injured. The officer that responded talked to me first, asking if anyone was injured. He was very professional, I told him what had happened and I was on my way.

The second time I was running some errands, dressed in a skirt and blouse, pink flipflops, but no wig or makeup, when a girl ran a redlight during a rainstorm, and broadsided me. Again, no one was injured. I was a bit concerned with this incident, though, as it occured in our small home town, right in front of the police station and around the corner from the fire station where I had retired from a 26 year career as a firefighter/parameic. Fortunately, the cop that responded was one of the few that had been hired after I retired, and I did not know him, but I have had occaision to talk to him recently while I was in drab and he reminded me that we had met when I was in this accident. Again, he acted completely professional, and I've not had any negative repricussions since.

The third time was when I was taking a detour through a federal park because of construction, and was unaware of the speed limit. I was pulled over by a ranger for doing 35 in a 25 zone. The ranger was again, very proffesional and gave me a warning.

The last time, my wife, son and I, along with some crossdressing friends and their wives, were at a fund raising event in Cleveland for the AIDS Task Force called Dancing In The Street, basically a big street party. A car crashed through the barricades about 15' from where we were standing and hit 4 people. I helped to stabilize one of the victims until EMS arrived, and afterward talked to the cops. They were again very professional and gave me some waterless hand cleaner to try to get the blood off my hands.

I've had casual conversations with cops since then, one even held the door for me as I walked into a gas station. All have been very polite and cordial.

None of the officers that I've dealt with in these incidents gave any indication of a smirk or even odd look. Just like any other situation, if you act like you are doing something wrong, you will be treated like you are doing something wrong. If you act with confidence and show respect to those you're dealing with, they will generally give you respect.
    Grace,
    Bobbi

"Talking is sharing. Listening is caring."

Quote Originally Posted by Sam-antha View Post
    Is it really illegal to drive just a bit over the centre line in your country, if there is no traffic approaching ? If i was to be stopped i would greatly prefer that the policeman was "honest" and told me that he was just doing a "licence check".
    ~Samm
    I don't think it's illegal per se, it's just that any kind of swerving can be construed as "driving erratically," so they'll pull you over just to check if you're drunk. I doubt any cop would write a ticket for crossing the center line unless you're swerving all over the road like a crazy person.