Thread: Missed it by that much... (Just saying thanks)

Missed it by that much... (Just saying thanks)

Of course, I'm talking about being here on these boards for a year. When I saw my avatar and the 'Joined March 2012' under it I wondered "Did I miss my 1-year anniversary?"

Turns out I did by a few days, but no biggie. What an amazing year it's been and I really couldn't have asked for better. I've written about most of the big things that have happened pretty extensively, but it's easy to say I never would have expected anything close to this last year.

It's been absolutely amazing to meet and correspond with people here and out there in the world. So many doors have opened for me, my wife is amazing, my kids are great, and everything is fantastic. What a year!

Thanks to all of you for being a part of it. Thanks for helping me learn and grow. Also, if in a small way, I've given something back that just makes it all the better.

I am, however, no closer to moving from 'Aspiring Overlord' to 'Actual Overlord.' That'll just have to wait.

Here's to bigger and better!

Thanks again,
    Bree

Gold Member
    Well, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY Bree. I found it amazing myself when I passed that first year mark. Couldn't believe it went so fast. It's been fun watching your progression over the past year. Keep it up and continue smiling!

Banned Read only
    Bree, I just passed my 2nd year of coming out to my wife (26 ish months on this site) and like you, it's been a great ride. Do you ever wonder where you'd be without having found this site? I do. Probably miserable or divorced with my wife not knowing why. Best of luck to you and yours

congrats Bree

Miranda and I have been here since the stone age (sorry Sis )
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Crossdresser
    Happy 1 year anniversary Bree. Also, in no time at all you will be breaking the 1000 post mark.

Bree,
    It does not matter, the Aspiring Overlady has made quality posts every time she has posted.
    Unlike some.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

You know, I never really pay attention to one's join date. I have missed my one year by 3 months lol I usually look at the post count. It's hard to believe that you've only been here a year because of how much you add to the forum Happy anniversary! Sounds like you have had a stellar year also so let's hope it continues
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Miranda, I was just reading your post count, 5K on the button.
    Congratulations.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    congrats Bree

Miranda and I have been here since the stone age (sorry Sis )
    Yeah...I just got back from my knuckle retread!!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Congrats, Bree! And, I admire your ambition to become the "Overlord". However, didn't u say u were married?

Maybe u should shoot for something a bit more realistic? Something like becoming President of the country?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Happy Anny Bree and hope there are more to come

Time does fly. After reading your post and realized I am coming up on 4 years. It doesn't seem that long. I joined around the time I first came out to my wife of over 20 years. The support of this site, knowing I am not alone, has helped me get through and accept this side of me. I realized I am not sick or Broken Based on advice here I found a therapist experienced in transgender issues and that likely saved my marraige. I just wish I had this forum years earlier.

Happy Anniversary Bree! I'm glad you're here! And here's to another year
    Stephanie

Wow! Threw your thread I had to look at my avatar and seen I have been here since Sept 2010 and it seemed like I took that big chance joining here just yesterday. This was the first place I spoke as Maria and the big advances I have made since joining here. Well this thread isn't about me, this thread is about you and with that happy anni and hope to hear much more from you in the future.

Thanks everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Miranda09 View Post
    Well, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY Bree. I found it amazing myself when I passed that first year mark. Couldn't believe it went so fast. It's been fun watching your progression over the past year. Keep it up and continue smiling!
    Time does indeed fly, but every minute is a treasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    Do you ever wonder where you'd be without having found this site?
    Not until you mentioned it, actually. I don't think life would be bad, but it'd be very different and I'd have missed some great opportunities. It was someone I met through here that got my wife to go out with me by 'being an interesting person.' So, huge kudos to the site for that! There are also many friends I may never have connected with if I wasn't here.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Joanne~ View Post
    You know, I never really pay attention to one's join date. I have missed my one year by 3 months lol I usually look at the post count. It's hard to believe that you've only been here a year because of how much you add to the forum Happy anniversary! Sounds like you have had a stellar year also so let's hope it continues
    You've definitely got me beat there Joanne! I'm glad I could play my part just as you and so many other great people do!

Quote Originally Posted by Miranda09 View Post
    Yeah...I just got back from my knuckle retread!!
    Bwahahahahah

Quote Originally Posted by Maria 60 View Post
    Well this thread isn't about me, this thread is about you and with that happy anni and hope to hear much more from you in the future.
    It's really about all of us and the fantastic community that has been created, so feel free to chime in!

Bree, it is a second home, isn't girl, it so nice to talk to others girls and learn from each other, congrats, thanks for all your great threads this last year, hugs girlfriend.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    I for one welcome our fabulously dressed overlord! Happy anniversary to you, Bree! May there be many more to come!

(My "join date" says June 28 2011, but in a way that's misleading, since I was gone so long from here in a funk of indecision over telling my fiancee. I would rather celebrate October 27 as an anniversary, since that's when I finally told her last year...)

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

I have been having so much fun following your trips and your other posts that I thought for sure that you were a member here much longer than a year. Anyway, happy anniversary.
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread