Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sorry have to vent.

Sorry have to vent.

Well there's no better place then here to vent. Here we go again same story different situation, are you ready to here a story of a no win situation. Here we go, yesterday my wife went shopping and told me she found some winter things on clearance and asked me when we get a chance she wanted me to try them on for her so she can see how it looks on someone else, and she knows I am always happy to help her out with that. Later in the day I asked her what we were doing that night because on Saturdays we usually go to our friends house and because most of our friends have younger children they prefer we go to there homes.She told me she had a long week and wanted to stay home and go threw her summer cloths and that I can try on and have whatever she didn't want and I could try on the dresses she bought that day. I thought I hit the jack pot. Having two children in there early twenties when I go out on Saturdays they also go out and the house sits empty from 6pm to 2 or 3 in the morning. Here comes the good part, well on this night both kids didn't go out they both stayed home, that was unbelievable first time in 5 or 6 years that both we were home and both kids were home. My wife told me to put out the white flag, give up trying because what happened tonight we both had a better chance of getting hit by lightning then both kids home on a Saturday night. I try not to get mad because its not fair to my wife it's not her fault and she also did feel sorry for me, so I hold it in, don't get me wrong I love my children but I can't believe I can't find a few hours to myself during the week. Maybe I should take my wife's advice and give up trying and put out the white flag
    Last edited by Maria 60; 03-24-2013 at 07:46 AM.

You don't have a Lock on your Bed Room door ?

Not white. A nice floral pattern.
    "Don't hate me just for wanting to feel beautiful."

Damn, I hate when that happens.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

I really feel for you Maria because I was in that situation once.

Your children are in there early twenties? Then hopefully it won’t be that long before they leave home and make there own way in life.

Just think how great things will be then.

Count your blessings. The wife is accepting. A rare occasion the kids are home.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Unless you're planning on coming out or going out dressed, I'd keep your flag hidden, Maria!

It's simply one Sat. nite, rite? We ALL make some sacrifices for our "craft"!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

There are a thousand stories in X dresser city.

This has been one of them.

I would find out who the children had up in their bedrooms for a start.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I say enjoy those kids while you still have them. Break out the snacks and a good movie or board game.

Gold Member
    It is because there will be a full Moon in a day or so. It is called Lunacy, The disease of the Moon.
    Maybe next time, they will not have that dreaded Moon disease.
    Rader

Oh no I hope they are not starting a new trend, not going out!
    I've come to the conclusion that it's none of my business what other people's opinion of me is.

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy66 View Post
    I say enjoy those kids while you still have them. Break out the snacks and a good movie or board game.
    Yeah. That.

Before you realize, and all too soon, your babies will be gone. Enjoy them. Cherish them. Think of them first. There will be plenty of time for you once they're gone.

Kathi

Quote Originally Posted by Jodi Anne View Post
    Oh no I hope they are not starting a new trend, not going out!
    Now now let's not even think about that. Your scaring me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathi Lake View Post
    Yeah. That.

Before you realize, and all too soon, your babies will be gone. Enjoy them. Cherish them. Think of them first. There will be plenty of time for you once they're gone.

Kathi
    Mine are grown and on their own now,and I wouldn't trade a minute of their childhood for anything.At the time I wished I could have more me time,but looking back now,it went so fast it's like a blur.I cherish the memories.

It's one night of your life...a wink of an eye in the entire time you will spend on this planet, so don't let it get to you.
    Don't take this as a problem...enjoy your kids, grown or not. Someday they won't be there.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Aussie girl enjoying life Michelle (Oz)'s Avatar
    Count your blessings having a supportive wife. My storage shed aka my dressing room has voracious mosquitoes and bush flies but they'll shortly give way as winter looms to short and freezing days. Its what we have to do when CDing is abhorrent to our wives yet we want to stay married.

If you have children or are married, that's going to happen from time to time. Even if they don't live at home any more. Just remember there's always tomorrow, or next week, or next year (sorry, Brooklyn fans).
    Sherrie Lynn Pall

Sometimes I make sense and that frightens me.

Please don't let me be the last post on this thread

As they say in spanish...caca pasa. "s--t happens". With a wife as accepting as yours I would not worry about such a minor detail. With your kids in their 20's have you considered telling them. They may well already suspect it.

Silver Member
    Just get the kids jobs so they leave home and you live happily ever after. Or until they get married and have grandchildren that come and stay weekends.

I understand your frustration, but the bigger picture is a good one - you have your children and a very supportive wife! What could be better? They will soon leave the nest, I'll bet, and you'll treasure the time and memories when they were around. In reality, I'd say you are lucky, and it is only one night that did not go as planned. There are many more nights to look forward to having your time with your wife.That's the bright side!
    Di

Thanks for your responses and making me feel like a heel. Your all right maybe I should start looking at the positive of things, thanks to you all for your advice, I'd be so lost without this place.

Hi, this may not help but you have a very understanding wife. I have hêard that staying in is the new going out!!!
    I love the feeling of being dressed.
    I have a dream of true equality - including clothes and make up.
    Hugs Joanne.

Quote Originally Posted by Maria 60 View Post
    ...Having two children in there early twenties when I go out on Saturdays they also go out and the house sits empty from 6pm to 2 or 3 in the morning. Here comes the good part, well on this night both kids didn't go out they both stayed home, that was unbelievable first time in 5 or 6 years that both we were home and both kids were home.
    ... don't get me wrong I love my children but I can't believe I can't find a few hours to myself during the week.
    Man, can I relate to your situation! My two are 22 & 21, one graduated from university last spring and the other will graduate this May (hopefully!). Both have part-time jobs but don't make enough to live on their own. One of my kids spends a handful of nights at his girlfriend's place, but the other one stays home way too often. She was jilted by her boyfriend and hasn't quite recovered emotionally to start going out again, no matter how much we try to counsel her and encourage her. But that's another story for another day.

The point is, she's home on Friday and Saturday nights probably 3 weekends out of 4, and that really puts a damper on not only me wearing pantyhose openly (one of the few things my wife will tolerate), but it also eliminates any intimacy between my wife and I. Since her bedroom is only about 20' down the hall, and let's just say the walls aren't very soundproof. I know some of you wouldn't care who hears you, but I do care, at least with my kids, even though they're both adults.

As I'm typing this, she texted that she's on her way home from work. So I had to run upstairs and put on some sweatpants, as I am wearing pantyhose. Although I also love my kids dearly, there are those times I admit I'm looking forward to the empty nest!
    "Masquerading as a man with a reason, my charade is the event of the season" ('Carry On Wayward Son' by Kansas)

Try that for months! This happens to me EVERY weekend. My wife says "Jessica and I are going out Friday night." Then, I'm getting called in to work, moving things around, wife is sick, then, I'm sick, kids sick, cars breaking, motorcycle (work related) breaking, family issues, and weeks were I put in 80 hours in a week! CRAZY! I threw in the towel LONG ago. I know I will never have time to myself again until my wife gets back to work. Other than that, I know I won't have ten minutes alone.
    "If you think you can or can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Wow, that's utterly intolerable. Something I see and shake my head over. Whose life is it anyway?

I know nobody reads this sort of thing, but hiding as a crossdresser is non-productive. I'm out, and my only problem is what to wear, where to go, and who to go out with.

End of my rant.
    Have fun,
    Shae