Thread: Do we live in the thousand acre wood???

Do we live in the thousand acre wood???

Pooh, Eeyore or Tigger?

It has been interesting the last few days reading about empathy and should we be cheerleaders or should we be realists?

Sometimes when I read posts character voices jump in my head. Today it was Eeyore as I read what someone told another member. You know Eeyore only sees the downside or the worst possibility of a situation. My mind read the post in the slow manner even.

I got to thinking, are the member here divided into the AA Milne characters?

Are you Pooh? Trying as hard as you can to be accepted and still getting into things that you have to work your way out of? Think of the honey pot, and how it relates to clothing. You sneak into the cabinet, eat all the honey and then...you get caught because you didn't pay attention to what you were doing.

Are you Tigger? Happy go lucky, doing what you want when you want and damn the consequences. It is all about now and you.

Are you Eeyore, who as I have stated, sees only the downside to whatever you do. The possible (or in Eeyore's case the probable) crash that will follow.

Piglet? Anxiety city.

Kanga and Roo: teaching maternal values.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Nondressing CDer ReluctantDebutant's Avatar
    I think I am Owl. I try to be wise and intellegent But I fear I come across as longwinded and scatterbrained.

Poogtanga? Roogger? Ehowl? No pigeon holes available? My wife said Eeyore....sometimes.

"Well you've got your diamonds... Don't play with me cause you're playin with fire....

I guess I am Pooh.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Lol, I like the concept of this thread.

Most days I think I'm Tigger until an Eeyore comes along to give me a reality check. Then I feel like the captain of the Titanic for a short while and back to Tigger again.

How about that cranky old rabbit... can I be the cranky old rabbit?

Kanga, maternal by nature

I thought it was the Hundred Acre Woos Lori but maybe it got bigger with exposure through Disney? Christopher Robin(Milne's Son) passed away in 1996 I think, not sure what happened to his toys. My personal favorite story was "Winnie the Pooh and the blustery day". I identified with each and every character in that particular story as they all showed different aspects of myself. I guess Christopher's adventures were quite magical after all.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Almost always Tigger (with my wife's blessing...lol). Though for awhile it's been Eeyore (lost my job first part of January.) Monday, I'm back to Tigger...damn the consequences...my wife and I are leaving for a new city.

Not sure I want to be a cartoon character; may I be the narrator?

Leah
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.

Well, I can't settle on just one character. There are days that I'm Pooh, and there are days that I'm Tigger or Rabbit. I can say that I'm very multifaceted.

Now, if comparing the characters to the concepts of Taoism I am definitely most Pooh like.
    The source of fear is in the future
    And a person freed of the future
    Has nothing to fear

"That's life. It's not always rainbows and farts. Sometimes the farts have a little something extra." -Emma

Rock meet Hard Place.

I am Poo without a doubt. I need to try everything, and I've been in sticky situations.
    Once I make a decision to go out, I'm Tigger! Full speed ahead, and damn the torpedoes.

I'd like to think of myself as Tigger, happy to be me and don't give a rat's behind what others think.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

I'm definitely Pooh: frequently foolish, often impulsive and then abashed, but always optimistic and resurgent.
    To A-Lady: actually there are no female figures in the Pooh canon.
    To Kate: All of the original, real life animals are the property (that is, they have been adopted by) the New York Public Library, and are on display at the Children's Center on 42nd Street.
    Hugs - Diane

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Sherry IS pretty much a cartoon character. And, loves to change her cartoon personas often at her whim.

However, she normally prefers to play adult, female characters. More like Roger's wife? Ha ha!

I asked if she wished to become a Milne character? And, she said, "Oh, Poo!"
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

T I double guh err.

A wonderful thing is a Tigger;
    A Tigger's a wonderful thing.
    Their tops are made out of rubber,
    their bottoms are made out of spring
    They're bouncy, bouncy, bouncy, bouncy,
    fun, fun, fun, fun, fun,
    The most wonderful thing
    about Tiggers is:
    I'm the only one! Not really!

image.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why... I dream of things that never were, and ask why not? JFK
    If "pro" is the opposite of "con", then Progress is the opposite of CONGRESS! Gallagher

http://www.flickr.com/photos/aimeecinn/

I have traveled through most of the woods in the U.k. even met Robbing Hood in Sherwood Forest and stayed with friends near Dartmouth.
    When i read your post I thought you were talking about me. You very well could have.
    I have noticed in the last six months you have to be more exact in your wording of posts otherwise there is someone there ready to dissect them.
    Having foot in mouth disease and no cure around the corner I guess I will continue to put my foot in it unless I get to visit the thousand acre wood and find inspiration.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleena View Post
    Lol, I like the concept of this thread.

Most days I think I'm Tigger until an Eeyore comes along to give me a reality check. Then I feel like the captain of the Titanic for a short while and back to Tigger again.
    You and I both brace for impact, and the ship is going down fast lol

I fit none of those characters. At least I don't think I do lol makes me want to search for a batgirl costume again though, does that count? lol
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Quote Originally Posted by ~Joanne~ View Post
    You and I both brace for impact, and the ship is going down fast lol
    Boy do I hate that feeling! I envision going down with the ship and everybody else scrambling for the lifeboats. If you're enfemme and pass you might be one of the lucky ones though. Women & children first!