Thread: Birthday blues.

Birthday blues.

I am up and mostly down at the same time today.

I'm 43 today and the money is too tight to be able to go out to a nice dinner today, let alone do anything else.

I'm trying to make the best of it though, but it hurts sometimes when we always manage everything else all year, but when it comes to my own Birthday things are just too tight to do much of anything.

Sorry if I'm a bit more of a downer than I usually am. But I do have some other issues on my mind today that is making today harder than it usually would be.

For some reason lately I feel a lot more emotional than I have been in over 20 something years and I have felt like crying, which I haven't done since before I went into the US Navy back in '89.

For the most part, things are going very well. I might be feeling like things are going just too slow or something.

Thanks for listening.

Lots of Love and Hugs Forever,
    Jamie
    The source of fear is in the future
    And a person freed of the future
    Has nothing to fear

"That's life. It's not always rainbows and farts. Sometimes the farts have a little something extra." -Emma

Rock meet Hard Place.

Hey there Jamie,

trust me I know how you are feeling, Birthdays and holidays are always very depressing for me.
    I have found ways to make them less painful for me though,

It is a special day for you, Other may not see it, But today is the day to pamper yourself.
    I have been taking vacation the week of my birthday, that helps me. You may not have that option.

But when you get home you can still make yourself a nice dinner, take a nice hot bath, Relax and put on some
    pretty smelling perfume, then get all dressed up pretty and watch a your favorite movie.

Enjoy your special day as best you can. This is your day, Happy Birthday.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Happy Birthday! I know birthdays are a time to reflect, so if you feel like crying, i say go ahead, I think you'll feel much better after a good cry. I know I do. I actually did the other day. My birthday is tomorrow and i was really sad, thinking of all the losses I have had, I cried and now i'm feeling pretty good. I really hope you can enjoy the blessings of the day.

Thank you Raychel and Amy.

I just got out of the tub. I had a good soak and shaved my legs. I have permission to shave them for another week, so I am taking advantage of it and they feel wonderful.

At the moment I would love to let the tears go, but I know that I have a lot of walls that need to be broken down in order for them to flow. Those walls were built as a result of the deep repression I put myself into so I would fit into the Military and to not hurt the ones I love around me. In some ways I wish I hadn't done that, but live and learn.

I do feel better after putting my thoughts into words and the bit of Pampering that I just got through with. I'm just looking forward to see what the rest of my day turns out to be like.

Lots of Love and Hugs Forever,
    Jamie

P.S. Amy, in case I don't get the chance tomorrow. Happy Birthday to you. XOXO
    Has nothing to fear

"That's life. It's not always rainbows and farts. Sometimes the farts have a little something extra." -Emma

Rock meet Hard Place.

Aspiring Member Tammy Nowakowski's Avatar
    Enjoy your special day as best you can. This is your day, Happy Birthday

I can only wish you happy birthday and say keep your spirits up.
    I spent a lonely Christmas once in a big city.
    I vowed never to let that happen again.
    So deep breath and go out and face the world for what it is.
    Again, many happy returns, my thoughts are well and truly with you today.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Happy Birthday Jamie, and to you too Amy!

I hate to be a downer, but I want to give you a dose of reality. Every year there is more and more to get you down. I am in my mid 50's, and I cry now more often that I ever did in any earlier years. But somehow we need to focus on the good things in our lives, look ahead with a positive outlook and get through all the other stuff. My very best wishes to you - I know you will get through it and be fine! Steph.
    Stephanie

Hugs for your birthday!

If this is always happening, then take time during the year to save up for the occasion. One way is to take any change you have from buying anything, and putting it away. I would do this, and my wife would go through my change drawer after a period of time, and count the change. Of course, you'll want to keep it hidden until your birthday rolls around again.
    DonnaT

Quote Originally Posted by stephNE View Post
    I hate to be a downer, but I want to give you a dose of reality. Every year there is more and more to get you down. I am in my mid 50's, and I cry now more often that I ever did in any earlier years.
    My experience has been the opposite of Steph's. I'm probably older than she is and every year has gotten better and better. It is like I have spent a lifetime unfolding and now I'm in full bloom.

You may be in a rough patch right now and those do happen, and it is perfectly O.K. to post to your friends here, to take those long, warm baths, to have the glass of wine (if you indulge from time to time), and to have a good cry now and then.

But do your best to live, love, and laugh, because the best may be yet to come.

Happy Birthday to you and to Amy.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Happy birthday!!
    Tough times come and go just be positive as best you can tomorrow will be better.

No matter what any one tells you, you always have to believe in yourself first. We all struggle with our own trials and tribulations and handle them in different ways. Have a Happy Birthday!

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    My experience has been the opposite of Steph's. I'm probably older than she is and every year has gotten better and better. It is like I have spent a lifetime unfolding and now I'm in full bloom.

You may be in a rough patch right now and those do happen, and it is perfectly O.K. to post to your friends here, to take those long, warm baths, to have the glass of wine (if you indulge from time to time), and to have a good cry now and then.

But do your best to live, love, and laugh, because the best may be yet to come.
    I'm with Persephone. Believe that the best is yet to come. Your future belongs to you and you alone. Make it the best future you can. It's not always easy, but be strong and reach out to make friends who will support you for you who are. Look forward to your birthday next year. You have twelve months to make it a better birthday than this one was.

Hugs and prayers!

Happy birthday!

I just wonder if perhaps the reason you can manage everything else in the year is in part becasue you don't manage your birthday or probably a lot of other things. That's something to be proud of even if the lack of celebration depressing.

Dear Jamie,

Happy Birthday!

I am sorry to hear that you're a little down on your bday, but it is bound to be better next year.

My 42nd bday this past January was a little depressing as well, but the year is shaping up to be a really good one. So, keep your chin up!

Best wishes,
    Cate

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Jamie, here's my birthday present to u:

U think u r old, but in fact you're quite young compared to me. So, forget this bday ASAP. And instead, concentrate on your NEXT bday. Set some realistic goals. Ones that will make u happy! Then, work all year toward those goals.

Next year, I want u to return here and glory in all that u and Jamie have accomplished over the past year! THAT'S a bday party we can all enjoy!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

I would like to thank everyone for the wishes and all the Love.

Things did turn out a little better for the most part. We managed to do something for dinner. We will probably regret it later this week when the bills hit later in the week, but we had a good time.

After the dinner, we went window shopping at Burlington and I found some really cute things I would love to eventually get. A couple of skirts, some shorts for working out, some sleepwear, and a couple of really nice outfits.

I had some time to reflect on myself and realized a few things. Once I sort things out a bit more, I will post another thread in the appropriate place.

Once again, thanks to all for all the love and big hugs back.

Lots of Love and Hugs Foreever,
    Jamie
    Has nothing to fear

Rock meet Hard Place.