Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So, you want to Pass as a Woman!

So, you want to Pass as a Woman!

This is mainly aimed at beginners and those who are afraid to walk out of their bedrooms.
    I have been reading a lot of threads and posts concerning “Passing” and it is interesting to note, some people say it’s not important to them, a LOT say they could never pass or they don’t pass, but everyone is so excited when they get “Ma’mmed” or called a “Lady” or “Miss” So I have been thinking about writing this thread for a very long time in a effort to help those who don’t think they can pass, or are afraid to go out because they don’t pass.
    I wish when I had started that there was a series of threads like this that I could have read where everything is in one place. Hair, Makeup, Body Shaping, Nails, Clothes etc. That is why I decided to write this.
    I have gone out many times and have passed 100% each time. The “Acid Test” was the week of Thanksgiving when I went into a ladies room. It was PACKED with women waiting for a stall. There must have been 12 to 15 women in there, but I just stood in line and waited my turn. When I was done, I stood at the mirror to fix my hair and makeup. I NEVER got a Glance or a look from anyone. Women were coming in and going out and no one treated me any differently than Any Other Woman in there! I Knew I had done it! I passed the Test! It felt Wonderful!!
    I have many people call me “Mamm” and “Miss” when I want to try something on and ask an clerk where to go, they always show me to the ladies fitting rooms and never question me.
    So I thought I would share how I accomplished this.
    First of all let’s change “Pass” to “Accepted as a Woman”
    Now, let me say that I KNOW I am NOT the only one on this forum that goes out and is “Accepted as a Woman 100%”!! The reason I know this is that the way I accomplished my “Acceptance” is by Reading and Paying Attention to all the Advice listed by other members!!
    We need to ask ourselves, “Why do we want to be accepted as a woman?”
    The main reason is that we don’t want to have people stare, or laugh at us! We want to go about our business and be treated as any other woman. There is a great deal of fear and a mindset that “all eyes are on me! Kids will point and laugh at me!!” But the truth is that this probably will not happen. There are several things you can do to prepare yourself and insure that it does not which is the whole point of my writing these threads.
    So if you too want to be Accepted as an actual Woman, I will share some of the things I have learned.
    Now this would be a Very Long post if I shared everything at the same time, so I have decided to break this up in to several threads, each on a different topic. I will be sharing what I have learned from this forum and I will be mentioning a few people that have helped me, and they may not have known they did! I will mention Karen Hutton right now.
    You see I almost quit right after I started. I was so discouraged with the way I looked I wrote a post saying that I quit and was selling my stuff. Karen wrote a reply that made me change my mind. She explained that many of the girls I saw on the forum have been doing this a lot longer and have practiced. So, I did sell some of my things, that didn’t work for me, but I kept some and started again. It took me Three Years of practice to get where I am now, but it was worth every minute and paid off thousands of times over. So Thanks Karen!
    Here is what I learned and what you need to do to be Truly Accepted as a Woman.
    I will start here with the number one, which is Size.

I read a lot of posts that say “I’m way too big to pass” or “I am too tall” Well let me tell you that I am a “Plus Size” woman myself! My dress size is 24W.
    I have a GG Friend that knows about Barbara and she has helped me a lot. I first told her that I didn’t think I could really look like a girl due to my size and she said “Girls come in All Sizes”!! So I started looking around and guess what? She was RIGHT!! There are All Sizes of Girls out there, just look around you. Take a look at the women’s clothes sizing and you will see sizes from Extra Small Petite, to 40W Plus and bigger!! I personally have Dated a couple girls that were MUCH Bigger than I am, in fact at lease one was TWICE my size!
    The point is that girls Really Do come in assorted sizes. Do we all want to look like Movie and Television Stars? Supermodels? Of COURSE we do!! But the reality is 99.9% of us will never look that way and you know what? 99.9999% of Real Women out in the world don’t look that way either!!!!
    You need to “do your homework” and you can start by Observing women around you and out in the world. Go to the Grocery Store, the Mall, Walmart, and LOOK at the women around you (Discreetly of course!). Pay attention to their Sizes, what they are wearing and how they carry themselves. You will see that YOU can do that too!! So don’t be so hard on yourself. Size really Doesn’t Matter. What does matter is that You WANT to be Accepted as a Woman, to “Blend In” with the women you see every day.
    Well, this has turned out to be a pretty long first post, so I will continue with the next subject this in the next Thread.

NO, as I am only dressing for myself.

Barbara, a very good opening to what I hope is a long and interesting thread.
    I do not necessarily pass in a police lineup, but with an air of confidence and holding my head up I can tilt it back and walk away with others wondering?
    Who the heck is she?
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Very nice intro, I'm looking forward to your next posts.

Yes...I would like to hear more as well..

Looking forward to your next posts. How will we recognize them? Will you add a subject prefix like "Acceptance: Makeup" or something?

Personally, I just like looking nice, any passing notwithstanding.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Aspiring Member Tammy Nowakowski's Avatar
    looking forward to your next one

I'm a Lumberjack & I'm OK
    Quote Originally Posted by Beverley Sims View Post
    I do not necessarily pass in a police lineup, but with an air of confidence and holding my head up I can tilt it back and walk away with others wondering?
    I've not been in a police lineup, but I did have the dreaded traffic stop. I was stopped for a headlight out. The officer asked for license and registration and took them back to his car as usual. A few minutes later the officer came back to my car and put his flashlight to my face, down to my license, back to my face, etc. at least three times. He returned to his car and wrote out a warning ticket for the headlight. He came back to the car and gave me my license, registration, and the ticket and told me to have a safe drive home Mamm.

I guess my confidence along with it being dark was enough for the officer to "see a woman in the car" until my license told him differently.

It was very scary when it happened, but a great confidence builder after the fact.

Thank you Barbara for getting the ball rolling on a topic that has everyone's interest to some degree.

The thing i love most about this post is the terminology issue. You are SOOOOOOO right. I do not want to pass. I want to be ACCEPTED as a woman. Passing to me in this context means you simply blend in to the environment with out a thought. Acceptance of me as Dee is what I crave and I truly think whate every girl here truly wants and craves. Specially the girls who are hiding their true self from their SO. If they are honest with themslves they desparately want to share their inner woman with their SO. I know I did and do. You cannot imagine the relief and joy I felt when my wife said i should be open about being Dee. Go out in the world as her, Go to work as her. Date as her, But just please promise me you will still be my husband. I got the acceptance i craved and as a result I am whole.

The simple answer for me is YES.

I have also experienced the coming of age of the crowded ladies room experience.
    A few years ago I have a waredrobe malfunction and had to excuse myself to the lady's room and Symphony Hall in Phoenix, during intermission. I was how do you say it, TERRIFIED I would be read. But all my fears evaporated after came, I saw and conquered my mishap while surrounded by other women who were simply taking care of their business.

There are two things that help me while i am out and about as Dee. First is dress the part. I am a chubby 50 something woman. People will accept me as one if I dress like one. People probaly won't accept me if i dress like a bar fly or a street walker. Not that dressing like that is bad. It is just not what I am looking for. (Unless I am feeling trashing and going somewhere that would fit in, but that is a different story)

The second thing is attitude. If I present the attitude that I AM a mature woman then people with think I AM a mature woman. So go into the lady's room like you are supposed to be there (because you are) do what ladies do and you will be ACCEPTED as one.

I have rambled on enough for now. I need to get back to work

Dee
    Dressing is 10% Paint and 90% ATTITUDE

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbara_Jean View Post
    I have gone out many times and have passed 100% each time. The “Acid Test” .... I NEVER got a Glance or a look from anyone. ....
    Barbara Jean, I have to call you out on this. No, you have not passed 100%. And, you didn't "notice" anyone glancing. The public at large, be they in a mall, restaurant or bathroom, don't look up. And if they do, they may think your a TS or in transition or a "Pat" and while there are questions, THEY don't care enough to react. Now, the upshot is, because you have confidence, and act like you belong, you are comfortable and that comfort give comfort to others around you. THAT'S the message.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara_Jean View Post
    I have gone out many times and have passed 100% each time .
    I don’t want to be unkind here Barbara but to pass 100% each time is amazing and hard to believe.

I am sure meny others here would love to see some pictures of you.
    You have a lot to say here so help us to appreciate just how good you are at transforming yourself.

This sounds like I am saying maybe you are being dishonest but I am not, really. I am just very interested and curious.

Quote Originally Posted by suzy1 View Post
    I don’t want to be unkind here Barbara but to pass 100% each time is amazing and hard to believe.

I am sure meny others here would love to see some pictures of you.
    You have a lot to say here so help us to appreciate just how good you are at transforming yourself.

This sounds like I am saying maybe you are being dishonest but I am not, really. I am just very interested and curious.
    Actually you don't mind being unkind at all..... Suzy.... and it is kind of fun!... lol. plus you are so much kinder at being unkind that I would have been!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Actually you don't mind being unkind at all..... Suzy.... and it is kind of fun!... lol. plus you are so much kinder at being unkind that I would have been!
    How does she do it Karren? She's even kinda kind being unkind!

Oh crap it's another passing thread!! I'll leave now before I'm unkind too. I hate passing threads!

Quote Originally Posted by Marleena View Post
    How does she do it Karren? She's even kinda kind being unkind!

Oh crap it's another passing thread!! I'll leave now before I'm unkind too. I hate passing threads!
    It Takes talent to be kindly unkind without being disingenuous!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Banned Read only
    Hey, it's another passing thread encouraging the concept of "one size fits all" mentality. I hate seeing these because I am an old fart like Barbara Jean. I had to go back and read her introductory remarks and she states she was in kintergarten in the 1950's. That's about my age, maybe a bit younger than I. I also had to check at various size charts to see what sixe 24w entails. I know from trying to buy dresses that I am a Misses size 18/20. The 'w' usually confers shortness, which is the total opposite of my six foot zero.

I know I do not pass, and, will never pass due to the physical attributes the Creator gave me. Sure, I've been out for strolls in the evening, but, I am not trying to pass. I'm just trying to feel the breeze against my my stocking encased legs. I'm sure, if I went to a venue totally accepting of cross dressers, I would not encounter hostility. Go into a woman's restroom? All hell would break lose.

Now, if you're five foot four and slender, you can probably not be noticed and probably confuse any observer that "Is that a young woman, or is that a young guy?" I see many size 24w women who are in their late fifties or early sixties. Not too many guys are trying to pickup these women at the mall. By the sheer dimensions of their bodies many male attributes are going to be hidden by body mass. That Adam's apple is diminished, if not gone. Unlike mine which is a give away. Size of hands? Big hands with long fingers? Misses sizes usually top out at five foot seven. Then talls take over. The 'w' sizes usually are a lot shorter. It's a lot easier to hide as an older short woman than an older tall person.

I dress for the serenity it brings me. That means I do not want to heighten my stress levels by drawing undo attention, especially from non accepting bias persons. Over the years I've become so accustomed to being en femme that my female mannerisms when attired are fairly good.

Don't judge your ability to pass by looking in the mirror. Your mind is going to see exactly what it wants to see. Take pictures of yourself. The imagine may not be the same. Mine isn't male or female.

I'm not trying to throw a damper on the youngsters going out and blending or passing. It's not as simple as it seems. It's not a 'ONE SIZE FITS ALL' answer. I really hate these threads making it sound like it's so easy, when the poster does not have to bear the consequences when it blows up in someone's face.

I cannot wait for your next thread! :-)

pls be advised all passing threads starters are hereby required to post pictures..

the only rule should be enjoy yourself as best you can..

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitlyn Michele View Post
    pls be advised all passing threads starters are hereby required to post pictures..

the only rule should be enjoy yourself as best you can..

Here, here! *looks for this post is worthless without pictures sign*

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    I think the posting a pic to prove the claim is a good idea.
    Not a doctored photo shopped pic either just straight up off the cam.
    When I was a big girl I passed much better from what my friends that know I CD told me.
    Size makes no difference in passing.

WOW, I really must have Struck a Nerve!!!!!
    First, to all who read my post and appreciated the concept and reason, I thank you and for you I will continue with further threads!
    Now, let me address a few of the other remarks.
    I figured I would get some reactions as I did when I wrote that I “Passed 100%” It seems that I have offended many of you, and for that I wish to sincerely apologize. I did not mean to do this, or to infer in ANY Way that I am Better that anyone else!! In fact, I did say that I am Sure I am NOT the only one who Passes 100%!! I KNOW that many of you DO!
    Now, perhaps I should not have used the “100%” phrase. I probably should have used a phrase I learned many years ago which is “Perception, is 99% Reality” Meaning that MY Perception is that I was Accepted 100% as a woman and that is the whole point of my thread. And also as I did state, I have ALL of YOU to thank for that! I learned these things from this forum and I am just trying to condense what I learned from YOU, so others can benefit.
    Jennifer, you are absolutely right that I have NO Idea WHAT was going through the minds of people that see me. I know people did glance at me, and maybe I was read. When I was in the crowded ladies room, I did see some of the women glancing at me, but no one reacted as they would have if a man was in the women’s restroom.
    As I have said, I do have a GG Friend that has gone out with me. SHE is the one who has told me that I Pass as a Woman. She has purposely hung back from me just to watch people. In fact, we have gone in places separately, most recently a small doughnut shop with about a dozen people in it. I ordered my doughnuts then left the shop and she ordered some just to see if people said anything. She told me no one had any reaction. I know this does not prove anything, but again it is my perception.
    Now, yes I have not posted any pictures of myself yet. I do not have any yet! I do not have a camera that works, However, I DO Plan on posting some pictures very soon. There is an event I am planning on attending and my GG Friend will be taking pictures of me. I FULLY intend to post them, but ONLY in the Photo Gallery. I do not want to change my avatar.
    From some of the comments I have read though, I feel that no matter what pictures I do post, they probably will be judged harshly now. But again, Perception is 99% reality.
    So, again I want to apologize for any remarks I have made that offended ANYONE. My only purpose with all of this is to try and help.
    One thing is for sure, I got a lot of people talking!!!
    By the way, my future threads on this subject will be titled, “Accepted As A Woman Part #”
    Barbara

Ok I feel it would be easier for a plus size person to pass because most people if not everyone has this Hollywood idea on how an woman is supposed to look on the outside. Where are your eyes wondering to when you see a petite and a plus size person walking down the street.
    If you pass that's wonderful. I'm glad for you, but there are some manly features that are very hard to hide.
    Last edited by Stevie; 03-27-2013 at 06:53 PM.

I will follow this post for sure as I am one of the gurls that think they pass pretty well. But I don't have eyes in the back of my head.

@ Barbara I wasn't offended at all. The "do I pass?" threads are very common here and I've grown to hate them. We do agree that only a select few people here actually pass in the real world. Blending and enjoying ourselves seems to be the best thing we can hope for. By all means continue as it may help others though.
    Last edited by Marleena; 03-27-2013 at 10:25 PM.

In the many years that I've been going out, especially in downtown Toronto, Miami, N.Y. in gay bars and drag clubs, girls shopping trips, meeting online girls for coffee etc. I've probably met two hundred girls. From drag queens to novice CDs, post ops and french maids with beards, l've met all kinds. They have all shared two things in common.

None of them passed the 'we just had coffee and chatted, and I had NO idea you weren't a natal woman' test.

They were ALL out and about, and enjoying the real world, presenting as they cared to.

Passing is a wonderful goal, best left as part of your hobby. If 100% passing is the only way you'll get out the front door...enjoy the view from your window.-Celeste