Thread: The borrowers

Lightbulb The borrowers

Do you borrow your SOs clothes?
    I got dressed the other day and while I was flicking through clothing in the wardrobe I came across a short sleeved red top. I immediately thought that looks nice and tried it on it looked fantastic so I decided to wear it for a few hours around the house. For me it was a successful CDing session my make up was applied well. I felt nice and the red top finished off the look perfectly.
    I went back to guy mode and put the clothes away and thought nothing of it.

Well today my wife was due to go to work and she was flicking through the wardrobe and came across "HER" red short sleeved top, she tried it on to see if it went with her outfit, straight away she knew that I had been wearing it as it smelled of my perfume, definitely not hers as she doesn't wear.
    She wasn't mad that I wore her clothes but she did ask that in future I should ask or at least wash the item of clothing afterwards.
    I told her I only wore it for a few hours that's why I didn't wash it.

Well it turns out that my wife doesn't like my perfume she hates it in fact "just not her smell" she says.

Well what I'm trying to say is that I am learning a lot more about my wife since I put myself in her shoes. What have you learned about your SO/wife since you have opened up to her about your CDing?

My wife does not like my perfume, I do not wear her clothes and I do not overwhelm her with my dressing.
    I do dress regularly at home though.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Thanks for your response Beverly.
    At the moment my wardrobe is limited so my wife did say I could borrow her stuff but I do know what you mean when you say that you don't want to overwhelm with your dressing. I understand that I am blessed with an accepting SO and would like to keep it that way. Thanks for the advice.

Two things come to mind, Make sure you wash anything you wear and maybe you should change your perfume to something she likes Probably would make things a bit easier for the both of you .

I never wear any of my SO's things, they wouldn't fit. She has some older things that would but there's only one , a purple/black leopard dress straight from the 80's, that I have considered trying on. She said I could have it so for giggles I may.

I did find something I learned about her that I didn't ever know, she doesn't like buying other people clothes.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Very limited wardrobe, mostly jeans and lingerie. We don't share, mainly because I am not a fan of wearing someone else's clothes, let alone underwear, even though i'm married to her and we swap spit :-)

I think SO's don't like any oder that reminds them of another woman no matter who she is -- I go with out its safer......................Debra

I wear the same purfume as my wife and have one other that she does nmot like. But, it is not an issue as most of her clothes are a different size or ones that I would not wear. I do borrow some of her ear rings and she has no trouble with that.

If I were you I wouldn't wear her clothes without asking from here on out.

I don't have that issue with my wife because we are nowhere near the same size.
    "You can have anything you want if you want it desperately enough." - Chinese Fortune Cookie, 1-27-13

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    I was about to say no, but we've shared her lingerie and we do share each other's makeup. As far as other clothes it's all from me to her.

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    My wife buys our perfume and we share it. Occasionally, lingerie, though it's more a matter of her wearing whatever bra she wants from my drawer. She wears some of my blouses, dresses and sweaters, but most of mine are too big for her. I rarely wear any of her other clothes as they don't usually fit.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by andrea lace View Post
    What have you learned about your SO/wife since you have opened up to her about your CDing?
    She's more fantastic than I ever knew. I am THE luckiest man in earth.

I used to before I came out to her, but now we just share everything that fits us both.
    Of course even when I "borrowed" her things I never, ever wore perfume as I never wanted her to know I had worn them. Now if I do wear something it's into the hamper when I'm done as it's just not right to wear and return in "used" condition.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I don't borrow her clothes, but I did stole two pairs of jeans because they are too big for her and fit me.

My wife and I do not have a problem with shared clothes, as she is very petite I am a 5'10", 200 lb guy. She has excellent taste and looks fantastic when she dresses up to go out. We have occasionally gotten similar panties in the wrong drawer, but with the size differenece, it was not an issue. I dress pretty conservatively, simple blouses, knee length or longer skirts. I often wish we were a similar size and could swap clothes like sisters but we are and remain husband and wife and I make sure that she gets a good dose of the masculine me most of the time. That way I can appreciate her understanding of the feminine me that she so graciously accepts.
    Somtimes the light's all shining on me, Other times I can barely see.
    Lately it's occured to me.....What a long strange trip it has been.
    Truckin by the Grateful Dead

The moral to this story is use her clothes but don't wear perfume if the smell was the only tell tale sign.On the one hand there a lot of cd's who do not have accepting partners so be happy she is loves you completely. I have narrow shoulders and small feet left a few garments and shoes at my friends house and went to get them and the shoulders were stretched out and shoes had been pushed into I buy lots of clothes for him and almost nothing for myself. I was a little pissed mainly because the shoulders don't hang right any more never got to wear it for work and the shoes were tight even for me and I have narrow feet so him 11 c in a 7a it must have been on his toes.
    Under most circumstances I really am not too bothered but the things that are clearly too small is a wonder why, since he knows I don't spend as much any more plus he doesn't like me wearing his roomy clothes or borrowing a wig for the afternoon.

I occasionally borrow my wife's clothes and she borrows mine. Neither of us are into fragrances so that isn't an issue.

I think that being able to share is a great thing for us because we can get more use out of the clothing and accessories that I buy. It also makes our combined wardrobes more versatile. Unfortunately, it doesn't work for shoes!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

My wife and I used to borrow from each other occasionally. After she passed, my daughter cleaned out her closet, taking some items of mine. No big loss though; most of them were 22/24W. I'm now sitting here in my new (thrift shop chic!) size 14 jeans.

Leah
    Be nice; It don't cost nothing.

It can be a hard issue for a couple to deal with if they are in a serious committed relationship. This issue can be a source of a lot of stress, both personally and on the relationship. It takes honesty and an open mind and heart and open communication to resolve. I wish you the best. I failed to come to a resolution with my ex, she tried, I give her that, as did I, but in the end we parted, but not because of this one issue alone.

Me and my ggf always share our clothes. We're lucky to both be a size 5-6 except shoes. It's so awesome too!
    "Honey, I’m still all man. I’m just a man with decoration."

--Tommy Wilkins

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Confetti View Post
    .... left a few garments and shoes at my friends house and went to get them and the shoulders were stretched out ...I was a little pissed mainly because the shoulders don't hang right any more ....
    THIS is why most cross dressers will be discovered eventually. Not only stretching of clothes, but misplacing them on the rack or in the drawer. If you are a borrower with an UNknowing wife, she will notice something amiss if you borrow her things.