Thread: Thinking about spending the weekend dressed.

Thinking about spending the weekend dressed.

Hello, hope everyone has been well. It's been awhile.

I don't have to be anywhere this weekend and so I'm thinking about spending the weekend dressed. I've never spent more than a day at a time dressed and no more than a few hours in makeup (not counting nail polish). Shaved my chest, legs, arms and trimmed the bikini area today. I think I'll get up tomorrow and first thing put on makeup and see how long I leave it on. Hoping I will leave it on all day, take it off before bed, and then reapply in the morning. Wish I had a wig to complete the look but still haven't bought one yet. I think that will be my next purchase.

I still feel like I'm on the fence a bit. Trying to figure out how this fits into my life. Conscientiously, I know there is nothing wrong with it. Internally, though, I think there's still some struggle going on with how prominent a part of my life it needs to be. Until that becomes clearer though I will continue to try new things.

Some things I think I do know. I don't want to go on hormones or have any kinds of surgeries. I think I understand why some need to do go that route but I don't think I do. I don't want to be a woman, I just want to dress like one now and then.

I also think I understand what it would take for me to venture out. At first I thought it was just passing, but after reading many of the threads around here about passing, its such a convoluted idea and I realized its not exactly what I'm concerned with. No, in all honesty, I think what needs to happen for me to want to venture out is to look in the mirror and find myself attractive from head to toe when dressed. That sounds completely narcissistic and shallow and is completely out of character for me... but its the truth. Probably explains the types of pictures I post here as well, excluding parts of me that don't fit the look.

Lastly, I really appreciate all of you being here. A lot of you are confident and beautiful people and you are very inspiring. Thank you.

Get a wig-- try to look relaxed and that you belong-- go out and have a good time

Get a wig, get dressed and.... get out there!
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

That is what I am doing this w/e....My daughter is out of town, off work a few extra days so.... spending the whole weekend as Mandi. In just this week I have been out dressed 3 times with all kinds of friends to support me. I lack the confidence, but I'm getting there. so ,,, DO IT!and have fun
    Mandi Li

If I had the opportunity, I would be dressed 100%, doze off in the chair reading or watching TV, and wake up feeling all fem.

Smile cross-up

Quote Originally Posted by Geena75 View Post
    If I had the opportunity, I would be dressed 100%, doze off in the chair reading or watching TV, and wake up feeling all fem.
    Just came out ....And my wife has bee so supportive .She has bought me a few different outfits and heels ....Need help with heels !And even took a few pics !
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned Read only
    Julie, it is 100% true that the fears in your head are the the worst. I have spent 75% of the last 4 days completely dressed. You just walk out the door and all the fears just drop. I was driving downtown today around 2PM and I realized that I had zero concerns but a short while ago, I would have been sweating bullets. No one is looking for a cross dresser. Have fun

Don't fell you have to do anything, certainly not anything that makes you uncomfortable. Going out may be something you will feel the need to do eventually, or not, but I think your idea that you won't feel ready until you can look in the mirror and see someone attractive is probably a good way to judge your readiness.

If circumstances permit by all means enjoy yourself in private as much as you wish, in any way you wish. I love being able to spend time in the house on a weekend, trying out different outfits, doing simple stuff like reading or any of a number of other hobbies, while dressed and comfortable. Then going to bed in a femme nightgown, waking up in it, seeing my nail polish, getting dressed in something really nice and not having to worry about anything.

Like you I don't think I would want hormones or surgeries, but dressing femme is something I don't want to give up, ever. I have all sorts of issues and anxieties over it, but that doesn't mean other people have to. I've gone out, but you shouldn't feel you have to enjoy what you are doing. Be true to yourself.

Michaella